Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

(haven't watched yet)

EDIT - the "like a college team" is interesting if a tiny bit concerning. I like that we're that close, and YOUNG, and that there is a positivity and a closeness. The only fear is that with this youthful exuberance prevents us from having the success that a serious, veteran team might be more likely to achieve. That said, I see Carroll and Lowry leading the way with the rest of the starters being All Business by Game 1, and the bench following suit with their length and athleticism.

Good stuff. It's great to have at least a little insight.
    I don't worry about the youthfulness, because at the end of the day, the real important guys all have plenty of experience. Although I imagine Carroll, Scola and Cojo were brought in to bring that professionalism. That is one of the biggest things Cojo says he learnt from the Spurs, professionalism.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      I don't worry about the youthfulness, because at the end of the day, the real important guys all have plenty of experience. Although I imagine Carroll, Scola and Cojo were brought in to bring that professionalism. That is one of the biggest things Cojo says he learnt from the Spurs, professionalism.
      Yeah, I'm not too concerned. That said, Cory is still damn young even if some Spurs professionalism rubbed off on him.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Didn't know where to put this, but I really liked these quotes from Alex Anthopoulos after the Jays clinched. Speaks to how important character and chemistry can be in sports.
        Yeah, I heard that! At another point, the same night, he actually said something like:

"Having done it this way, having brought in character guys, good people, and having seen this come together as it has, I'll never go back to the other way."

I liked that. I like rooting for the good guys.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I'm not too concerned. That said, Cory is still damn young even if some Spurs professionalism rubbed off on him.
          Age wise yes, but he played 4 years with them. That is more than enough time for him to develop good habits. I imagine he also got a lot of experience as a leader from Team Canada as he was one of the older guys. From what I've heard he is a total professional even at his young age.

Comment

I like to hear that Ross is feeling a lot better physically. At the same time, I hope he worked on shooting off screens and cutting off ball this summer, because offensively that fits better with his skill set than working on his handles. He just shouldn't be dribbling the ball a lot when he gets it, so im a little worried that the only skill he said he really tried to improve was his handle. I suppose he needs to be able to counter a hard closeout and it would be nice if he could play as a secondary ball handler for the bench, but I feel it would be better to make his already good skills, great.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I heard that! At another point, the same night, he actually said something like:

"Having done it this way, having brought in character guys, good people, and having seen this come together as it has, I'll never go back to the other way."

I liked that. I like rooting for the good guys.
              Character is important but winning contributes alot to "character". Replacing Reyes at SS and not having Colabelo-Danny Val at LF helps too - really bad giving up extra chances with iffy pitching. Likewise, the fewer one way players with a coach with questionable rotations is an improvement.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Character is important but winning contributes alot to "character". Replacing Reyes at SS and not having Colabelo-Danny Val at LF helps too - really bad giving up extra chances with iffy pitching. Likewise, the fewer one way players with a coach with questionable rotations is an improvement.
                I mean, AA also reiterated that above all you need amazing talent - the character thing was just an additional need, not a more important one than the talent level.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I like to hear that Ross is feeling a lot better physically. At the same time, I hope he worked on shooting off screens and cutting off ball this summer, because offensively that fits better with his skill set than working on his handles. He just shouldn't be dribbling the ball a lot when he gets it, so im a little worried that the only skill he said he really tried to improve was his handle. I suppose he needs to be able to counter a hard closeout and it would be nice if he could play as a secondary ball handler for the bench, but I feel it would be better to make his already good skills, great.
                  Knowing Casey, Ross will be given Lou's exact role off the bench.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I mean, AA also reiterated that above all you need amazing talent - the character thing was just an additional need, not a more important one than the talent level.
                    Relevant to the Raptor GV and Lou aren't scrubs but together they basically force 3.5 v 5 defense. They never should have seen the floor together much less KL-Lou-GV

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Relevant to the Raptor GV and Lou aren't scrubs but together they basically force 3.5 v 5 defense. They never should have seen the floor together much less KL-Lou-GV

but so many ball handlers....
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        Knowing Casey, Ross will be given Lou's exact role off the bench.
                        If he gets those end of quarter iso shots I'm going on hunger strike outside the front doors of the ACC.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If Ross is given Lou's role off the bench he is going to have the worst year of his career yet

Talk about improper player management and development strategy
                          #fireCasey

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            If Ross is given Lou's role off the bench he is going to have the worst year of his career yet

Talk about improper player management and development strategy
                            #fireCasey
                            Disagree, coming out of college Ross' NBA comparison coming out of college was JR Smith. People would say Lou and JR are very a like. Ross is a really streaky shooter. A 6 man role would suit him really well.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Disagree, coming out of college Ross' NBA comparison coming out of college was JR Smith. People would say Lou and JR are very a like. Ross is a really streaky shooter. A 6 man role would suit him really well.
                              Agreed. If the coaching staff shows the confidence in him, I think he can find it in himself to be a guy who goes out and wins a few games for us when he gets hot.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                But he is a catch and shoot guard primarily. His whole game should be centered around that, not dribbling the ball in isos. Ross has never been a giy who dribbles the ball alot, so why start now? He would be a much better player if he worked on better off ball movement and coming off of screens to shoot. Then combining counters for when the defense plays him tight.

Comment

Working...
                                X