Could Joe Johnson Be a Possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Joe Johnson Be a Possibility?

This could be the optimist in me but why not I refuse to think next season will be a waste of time because thinking for the next 6 and a half months that next season has no hope whatsoever is just too damn depressing. With that being said lets talk about the possibility of our Toronto raptors acquiring Joe Johnson is it really that hard to imagine?
    Lets just assume bosh would resign if Joe Johnson were to come aboard the ACC and im not here to argue whether or not bosh is worth a max deal because, frankly I don’t give a damn what the haters got to say cause he needs to be resigned. Lets just assume Chris is on the roster and depending on how the deal is structured he’s making 20-21 a season our total salary is approx. 66.8 mill on 10 players now we do have 2 favourable contracts worth 5 and 4.8 respectively those will surely be gone to create space either at the beginning of the season or during the trade deadline that’s 9.8 mill leaving 57 now im fairly confident that Colangelo will be able to get rid of one of our bad contracts Turk or José most likely José that’s another 9 mill leaving 48 mill and im also sure he can move Marco but lets just leave him on the roster we now have a team salary of 48 mill Joe Johnson will get an average of 15-16 mill a season leaving 63 mill spent on 7 players giving us the MLE and if mlse are not yanking our chain and are really willing to clearly go into the luxury tax we should be able to fill our roster giving bosh an all-star who is a very capable defender and can create he’s own shot now im not colangelo nor do I know how to sell Joe Johnson on coming to the big smoke sure there are other teams he could go to but if new York doesn’t get lebron which there’s a good chance they wont why would he go there when he can play with a fellow all-star in Bosh Miami is more concerned in getting a big i.e. Boozer, Amare and if we put a better offer then ATL I’m sure he would leave also ATL is a money conscience team more so then us he could go to OKC but I just don’t see him there I’m sure they want harden to develop seeing as how they invested the 3rd pick on him last year

I’m not a GM nor am I a front office exec I’m a fan and as a fan all we can do is speculate and talk shit and since the lottery isn’t till may 18th and the draft is far away raptor land is quite and im bored watching ATL smoke the bucks. P.S. sorry about the lack of punctuation I just finished school and this not being a term paper or essay I decided to get a little lazy and ramble on.. anyways tell me what you think Cheers.

What makes Raptors more attractive than Atlanta??
    Atlanta is proven a winner/contender, the only thing Joe Johnson might leave is the city (low attendance) and money!!!

Comment

bad fanbase and money are 2 big reasons a athlete would leave

Comment

Joe Johnson would be a pipe dream for us. The exact mold of a player that we desire and that Bosh would love to have play along side him. Problem is, unless we can find suitors for Hedo, Jose or Andrea, signing Joe isn't feasible financially.

Comment

Even though he's been great coming off the bench, Atlanta might think Jamal Crawford is more than capable in being a starter, so they might not be willing to pay so much to keep Joe Johnson.

Comment

But Doc is right. Colangelo's bad decisions in the past have put us in a bad situation financially. We can't really do much, unless major changes happen with respect to moving a major piece (Hedo, Jose, Andrea)

Comment

bayanmn your have a very good point about crawford but yeah my hole scenario is based on colangelo being able to move one of our bad contracts and he does have a history of covering up hes mistakes so well see.

Comment

My money is on Joe Johnson either staying with the Hawks or moving to NYC for added attention and more importantly, play for his old coach D'Antoni. Speaking of NYC, said it before and I'll say it again, I think if the Knicks can't land one of the big three they're going to focus their attention on Joe and Amare. Mike, Joe and Amare reunited in NYC. Book it!

Comment

shit yeah thts a good point never thought about that

Comment

ummm, joe johnson isnt coming to toronto. toronto is like a cold hamburger, you see it in the fridge and you think about it remotely but then figure out that you can just warm it up and have something better. in this case that better situation is around 28 other teams.

Comment

SCP0389 wrote: View Post
                      shit yeah thts a good point never thought about that
                      SCP0389, I forgot to mention welcome to Raptors Republic!

Comment

i dont see JJ coming to Toronto
                        it would be amazing, but it aint happening
                        i can see him ditching ATL for the NYC lights

Comment

Yeah thanks Apollo been visiting RR since 09 but never registered till now lol

Comment

Many players hold Toronto in very high regard. Apparently Paul Pierce loves it here, and I saw an interview with a bunch of players a while ago, where they were asked what the best NBA cities are. They answered New York, Miami, LA, Chicago and Toronto. I'm not saying every player feels this way, but the city does get respect around the league. Also, it's not even the coldest NBA city, people just assume that because its in Canada.

Comment

Calderon + Joe + Bosh = core to a contender

No way for the Raptors to get Joe Johnson though. They don't have enough attractive assets to tempt Atlanta into a sign and trade + Joe Johnson will have several good offers elsewhere (Miami, Chicago, New York) so it would be difficult for Toronto to get him to agree to sign in the first place.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X