No announcement yet.

RAPTORS v CLIPPERS - preseason game 1 - OCT 4th at 7pm on TS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With DD it's more the types of shots he was taking. If he was missing good looks I wouldn't be making a big deal. But he forced a lot of shots and still took too many fade aways or long twos. He also wasn't moving the ball like the rest of the team. As Dan H said our offense isn't in place yet so I'll give him some time but he didn't look good. And this is the way he normally plays so to expect after 7 seasons that he's going to change is kind of crazy.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
      I'll note the bad things i saw too:
      -2pat trying to create his shot
      -Demar's shot selection/Iso play
      -Demarre wasn't as elite as I'd expect of him on defence
      -JV's decision making on offence but I liked his confidence in his perimeter shot
      -2pat trying to defend blake (I could possibly see this as a problem of 2pat defending 4's going forward/further into the season)

Yea, there was a couple bad things from this game but its only the first game. I'm trying to keep an open mind for the rest of the season but I'll continue to make note of the progress and problems with the team.
      I actually didn't think PPatt did that bad a job on Blake. Blake should have dominated him and he didn't really. Also Demarre was disappointing to me as well on the defensive end. I thought he would look more like Ross did tonight on that end. But it's the first game so I'll let it slide.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• RAPTORS v CLIPPERS - preseason game 1 - OCT 4th at 7pm on TS2

From what I saw at the game, these were my observations:
        Terrence was absolutely awesome on defence, and he was super active. He actually looked like he was enjoying himself which is something I have very rarely seen.
        Kyle was really good and seemed under control the whole game; he was getting what he wanted when he wanted it.
        Demar had a rough game. He had a couple of really bad turnovers, and was really only good on defence for a couple of possessions.

The bench was fantastic and brought really good defensive intensity when they came in, and turned the game around. The first 6 minutes looked like it was gonna get ugly for the raps.

As a team the defence was really good relative to last year, but the offence was clearly a work in progress. I hope that they can get more comfortable with each other and have a better looking offence later on in the season.

All in all I was pretty impressed especially after such a bad start.

btw, I'm pretty sure Casey got booed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          From what I saw at the game, these were my observations:
          Terrence was absolutely awesome on defence, and he was super active. He actually looked like he was enjoying himself which is something I have very rarely seen.
          Kyle was really good and seemed under control the whole game; he was getting what he wanted when he wanted it.
          Demar had a rough game. He had a couple of really bad turnovers, and was really only good on defence for a couple of possessions. It seemed like he had trouble getting in the paint which lead to a lot of bad shots. Also, no one would bite on his fakes, so that really frustrated him.

The bench was fantastic and brought really good defensive intensity when they came in, and turned the game around. The first 6 minutes looked like it was gonna get ugly for the raps.

As a team the defence was really good relative to last year, but the offence was clearly a work in progress. I hope that they can get more comfortable with each other and have a better looking offence later on in the season.

All in all I was pretty impressed especially after such a bad start.

btw, I'm pretty sure Casey got booed.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I actually didn't think PPatt did that bad a job on Blake. Blake should have dominated him and he didn't really. Also Demarre was disappointing to me as well on the defensive end. I thought he would look more like Ross did tonight on that end. But it's the first game so I'll let it slide.
            2pat didn't do that bad on defence but I think there were some decisions he choose on defence that were not so smart and Blake took advantage. I think it wasn't so much that 2pat's defence was great but more that Blake didn't play as efficient or effective as he could have which is why 2pat's mistakes were minimized and his defence looked decent. The whole Clippers roster looked out of sync in the 2nd half and was part of the reason the Raptors seemed so good. I'm expecting the next time around we play them, this will probably not be the case.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Oh, and if Devlin doesn't learn to say Caboclo instead of Cabloco I'm going to lose it. He's a fan favourite Devlin! Get your act together!
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And this is the way he normally plays so to expect after 7 seasons that he's going to change is kind of crazy.
                He only started playing like this under Casey... (so 5 seasons lol). Still irritating..

Comment

• I really like Joseph, Scola and Ross as the key players on the 2nd unit. Scola can help teach Ross how to play the right way, with hustle and hard, smart work on both ends - they already seemed to have good communication and chemistry, while providing an inside-out punch for the bench brigade.

With Biyombo and JJ rounding out the 2nd unit, they could be quite impressive defensively. Any of Wright, Powell, Bennett or Bruno could be mixed in to give them a totally different look (small ball, more offense, etc...), which should give them a big advantage over most teams.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Oh, and if Devlin doesn't learn to say Caboclo instead of Cabloco I'm going to lose it. He's a fan favourite Devlin! Get your act together!
                    I was flipping back and forth between Raps and football, but I did hear him say it about 3 different ways. It was quite irritating...

Comment

With DD it's more the types of shots he was taking. If he was missing good looks I wouldn't be making a big deal. But he forced a lot of shots and still took too many fade aways or long twos. He also wasn't moving the ball like the rest of the team. As Dan H said our offense isn't in place yet so I'll give him some time but he didn't look good. And this is the way he normally plays so to expect after 7 seasons that he's going to change is kind of crazy.
                      I have a suspicion that Stackhouse is on the coaching staff specifically to whisper in DD's ear throughout the course of the season to get him to change some of his hero-ball ways. No idea whether it will work, though.

Comment

• Just to add to what people were saying about derozan. Aside from his shot selection he either doesn't pass or he is just way too slow to pass the ball. Even when he did pass, he should have passed it sooner almost every time which resulted in missed opportunities for either the person he was passing to or the person they would have passed to. It just amazes me that his iq has not developed this late into his career. He wasn't the only one tho. JV had and has had the same problem.

Comment

• preseason, I just hope everybody makes it through healthy. Only thing to take away is how hard they were playing on D.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Fellas.. anybody got a site I can watch this game on? please.

Comment

• I know it's only preseason but not really impressed with what i saw offensively. Defensively they're much improved but offensively? meh. Where';s the ball movement???

Players that stood out to me the most: Lowry, Ross, Biyombo, Scola, and Joseph. Biyombo talks a lot on defense. Lowry was the best player on the floor. Ross looked like a diff player. Scola and Joseph are just smart players. High bball IQ. I can tell immediately.

Not impressed with what i saw from DeRozan and Patterson.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                preseason, I just hope everybody makes it through healthy. Only thing to take away is how hard they were playing on D.
                                Kyle Lowry has a slight groin strain, he said he probably won't play tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X