No announcement yet.

RAPTORS v CLIPPERS - preseason game 1 - OCT 4th at 7pm on TS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know this was only the 1st pre season game but it was the same for both teams...and the opposition wasnt a 2nd-3rd tier team....and they got smacked...and they tried not to be.

The new coaches looked engaged too/serious.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      LOL 7 years of data says otherwise. But go ahead continue to believe in him. I for one am over it. His game is just not fun to watch and it's getting tired.
      hahaha ok bud

Comment

• Wait, is the game against GSW not being broadcasted? Dafuq?
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
          Wait, is the game against GSW not being broadcasted? Dafuq?
          I don't think we are broadcasting it but I hope Golden State is. I have faith someone will find a link lol
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Something you as a Raptor fan have NEVER seen before......Bruno on the floor for over 15 minutes and not once force fed the ball. Garbage time, summer league....never. (I've blocked out the Mad Ants from my memory)

Comment

• can the admins unlock the derozan thread now?

preseason already started. are they never going to unlock it
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                can the admins unlock the derozan thread now?

preseason already started. are they never going to unlock it
                I hope they keep it locked because the arguing over his game has become boring and annoying. Those who hate it will always hate it and those who love/like it will always love/like it. No need in arguing over the same facts and topics at this point. It's been 7 years.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• abbas wrote: View Post
                  can the admins unlock the derozan thread now?

Preseason already started. Are they never going to unlock it
                  nevaaaarrrrr!
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Pretty, pretty, pretty - pretty good!

Comment

• Did JV get any assists?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        I hope they keep it locked because the arguing over his game has become boring and annoying. Those who hate it will always hate it and those who love/like it will always love/like it. No need in arguing over the same facts and topics at this point. It's been 7 years.
                        1) with a new season comes new evidence and plenty to talk about.

2) those that don't like it don't have to open it.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                          Did JV get any assists?
                          I think he gave the Clips a couple at least start of the game....

Comment

• Well, that's a nice start.

Good: Ross killing it defensively. Lowry turning on God mode and forgetting where the off switch is. Bruno looked like an NBA player out there - he'll be ready for backup 3 minutes next season at this rate (we'll see if the rate is maintained). Patterson looked good defensively on Blake, if he can hold his own at the 4 the starters should be fine. Meanwhile, Scola looks like a fantastic fit with the bench - really helps that offensively challenged lineup keep their heads. Biyombo looked solid. CoJo looked very good too, at both ends. Oh, and the defensive scheme - right from the start it just looked so much better than anything we saw last year.

Mixed: JV had a weird game. Forced it offensively too much, fell asleep a couple times leading to bad turnovers. Took that jumper without hesitation, though couldn't hit it. Scary good in the post again, with only one or two exceptions - bad decisions a coupe times settling for the spin jumper. Better passing, though still a long ways to go. On the positive side, dominant on the boards and very good defensively outside of a couple possessions where he and Pat got their signals crossed in big-big PnR. I'll add the scrub lineup (exception of Bruno) to the mixed section - Kyser and Roberts were predictably terrible, Wright started slow but found his rhythm, Powell was aggressive on both ends but couldn't hit a shot. Oh, and Carroll had a quiet night. Nice slice into the lane a few times, decent defence. Just didn't stand out like others.

Bad: Sigh. DeMar, I really am trying to enter this preseason with an open mind. But this one was a bad start. Poor shot selection, tough unnecessary jumpers, bricking post shots against much smaller defenders. He drew a couple fouls which is good, though one was on a fast break where he obviously should have passed to the open man. Not great though not terrible defensively, about what you'd expect. That said, big caveat, and this applies to JV and Carroll too - the offence is clearly mostly not in place yet, so these guys may well thrive a little more with more proper sets put in. I'll write this one off and we'll start fresh next game.

All in all, this one went about as well as you could hope for at a team level. On to the next one.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I guess we'll agree to disagree?

He will make the all star team this year...imho.

Comment

• I'll note the bad things i saw too:
                                -2pat trying to create his shot
                                -Demar's shot selection/Iso play
                                -Demarre wasn't as elite as I'd expect of him on defence
                                -JV's decision making on offence but I liked his confidence in his perimeter shot
                                -2pat trying to defend blake (I could possibly see this as a problem of 2pat defending 4's going forward/further into the season)

Yea, there was a couple bad things from this game but its only the first game. I'm trying to keep an open mind for the rest of the season but I'll continue to make note of the progress and problems with the team.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X