No announcement yet.

Everything Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're grossly underestimating the amount of cumulative data available, and instead focusing on a few questionable findings. Re-stating the metaphor raised earlier, it's like examining the site of a horrific car crash, seeing the steering wheel in tact, and claiming the accident never happened.

Please point to evidence that show tens of thousands of scientists (each working independently) have manipulated data. This is your only claim. Prove it instead of relying on outliers.

Climate science spans countless fields of study:
    - climatology
    - meteorology
    - atmospheric chemistry
    - solar physics
    - historical climatology
    - geophysics
    - geology
    - oceanography
    - glaciology
    - paleoclimatology
    - ecology
    - synthetic biology
    - biochemistry
    - applied math & computer science
    - etc.

each pointing to the same obvious conclusion, that man is negatively impacting our climate. Yet you're ignoring it all, and focusing your attention on thermometers. smh.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You're grossly underestimating the amount of cumulative data available, and instead focusing on a few questionable findings. Re-stating the metaphor raised earlier, it's like examining the site of a horrific car crash, seeing the steering wheel in tact, and claiming the accident never happened.

Please point to evidence that show tens of thousands of scientists (each working independently) have manipulated data. This is your only claim. Prove it instead of relying on outliers.

Climate science spans countless fields of study:
      - climatology
      - meteorology
      - atmospheric chemistry
      - solar physics
      - historical climatology
      - geophysics
      - geology
      - oceanography
      - glaciology
      - paleoclimatology
      - ecology
      - synthetic biology
      - biochemistry
      - applied math & computer science
      - etc.

each pointing to the same obvious conclusion, that man is negatively impacting our climate. Yet you're ignoring it all, and focusing your attention on thermometers. smh.

Changing 50 years of data is not nothing.

We are entering a mini-ice age. I can't wait to see this one spun in a few years.

But only reason I dipped my toe back in this painful exchange is because you were touting empirical data yet ignoring the fact the data is no longer pure and has been manipulated at best and made up at worst.

Ta ta.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

We are entering a mini-ice age. I can't wait to see this one spun in a few years.

But only reason I dipped my toe back in this painful exchange is because you were touting empirical data yet ignoring the fact the data is no longer pure and has been manipulated at best and made up at worst.

Ta ta.
        You still think the entire world is hanging their hat on one guy's findings?

Even if what you say is true, and somebody changed 50 years of data. Well guess what, you can ignore that data completely and still come to the same conclusion. This is the beauty of collective empirical data.

Comment

Ta ta.
          Also, you're about 8 months too late about the "mini ice-age" scare.

Debunked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-mini-ice-age/

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-mini-ic...pla-giant.html
          Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Feb 10, 2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Also, you're about 8 months too late about the "mini ice-age" scare.

Debunked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-mini-ice-age/

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-mini-ic...pla-giant.html
            Hilarious.

People who have a Different view than her disagree therefore they are right in your mind. Why? Because the same people who's research she opposes say so! Of course! Their models say we are looking at 1.3 degree increase and everyone fucking knows the models and projections are never wrong.

And it is amazing how fast the climate change fraudsters come out in opposition of her findings...like in a matter of hours.

The sun and climate does operate on cycles. Everything operates in cycles. Western world struggles with that concept.

Keep drinking he Kool aid gang.

The global warming and subsequent climate change narrative was a great one but unfortunately CO2 is not having the effect one would think it should.

Comment

Hilarious.

People who have a Different view than her disagree therefore they are right in your mind. Why? Because the same people who's research she opposes say so! Of course! Their models say we are looking at 1.3 degree increase and everyone fucking knows the models and projections are never wrong.

And it is amazing how fast the climate change fraudsters come out in opposition of her findings...like in a matter of hours.

The sun and climate does operate on cycles. Everything operates in cycles. Western world struggles with that concept.

Keep drinking he Kool aid gang.

The global warming and subsequent climate change narrative was a great one but unfortunately CO2 is not having the effect one would think it should.
              Science doesn't randomly pick which "opinions" to follow, and which ones to discard. If your conclusions cannot be verified, then they're dismissed. Simple as that.

Again, collective empirical data has no agenda.

Comment

Science doesn't randomly pick which "opinions" to follow, and which ones to discard. If your conclusions cannot be verified, then they're dismissed. Simple as that.

Again, collective empirical data has no agenda.
                It does when the data, the most important data, is fraud.

Comment

It does when the data, the most important data, is fraud.
                  Please provide a scientific explanation on what "the most important" is defined as.

Comment

• Anyways....I "debunked" the whole empirical data nonsense.

Now it is collective.

Funny enough much earlier in theead when I brought up other areas of science research i was told but but but they aren't climate scientists.

So next time the circle jerk is in full swing again I'll be sure to throw some more coarse sand on the festivities.

Comment

Anyways....I "debunked" the whole empirical data nonsense.

Now it is collective.

Funny enough much earlier in theead when I brought up other areas of science research i was told but but but they aren't climate scientists.

So next time the circle jerk is in full swing again I'll be sure to throw some more coarse sand on the festivities.
                      Selective memory and cherry-picking of data. Par for the course with science deniers.

This wouldn't be such a problem if the consequences of denial weren't so catastrophic. Deniers are delaying, and in some cases, outright halting any advances we can make as a species. It's tragic for all future generations.

But I have faith that as this last generation of old, Republican blowhards die off, their ridiculous claims die with them.

Comment

• Let's simplify this "debate". What are the worst outcomes being discussed?

1. For those who believe in climate change, it's human extinction.
                        2. For those denying climate change, it's paying more taxes.

Even if this was a 50-50 strength debate (which it's not), which outcome can we least afford to ignore?

Comment

Let's simplify this "debate". What are the worst outcomes being discussed?

1. For those who believe in climate change, it's human extinction.
                          2. For those denying climate change, it's paying more taxes.

Even if this was a 50-50 strength debate (which it's not), which outcome can we least afford to ignore?
                          Yeah, this is the thing I can't get over. Why take the gamble?
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Selective memory and cherry-picking of data. Par for the course with science deniers.

This wouldn't be such a problem if the consequences of denial weren't so catastrophic. Deniers are delaying, and in some cases, outright halting any advances we can make as a species. It's tragic for all future generations.

But I have faith that as this last generation of old, Republican blowhards die off, their ridiculous claims die with them.

My point proven.... old, Republican blowhards.

This is a political issue - not scientific.

It is a shame that politics and politicians who control the purse strings has managed to corrupt science. Worse it is sad to see people fall for it.

Look out for those catastrophic consequences.... like no Arctic ice or polar bears by 2014....or Manhattan submerged in water by 2011.

Comment

• Next time you read those maps showing all the read, don't forget about urban heat islands and the false readings they give.

http://link.springer.com/article/10....09011X#/page-1

Comment

• Does any of this matter when Ghostbusters predicted the end of the world would be Feb 14, 2016?

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X