Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    For anyone to lazy to click the link, money shot:

Professor Dr. Friedrich Karl Ewert is a retired geologist and data computation expert. He has painstakingly examined and tabulated all NASA GISS’s temperature data series, taken from 1153 stations and going back to 1881. His conclusion: that if you look at the raw data, as opposed to NASA’s revisions, you’ll find that since 1940 the planet has been cooling, not warming.
    Guess they should cancel the Paris Conf. next week.

If this is true I am sure we'll hear something soon on Breaking News CNN ...They love scandals.

Comment

• What's lost on me is motivation for a multi-national environmental conspiracy. What is the purpose for creating this massive hoax known as climate change?

Is Ashton Kutcher hiding behind camera waiting for the big reveal?

Comment

• Whether Climate change is real or not, conservation and environmentalism are just good ideas. I'm not sure of the science behind the dangers of huffing gasoline but cutting back doesn't hurt.

Comment

• I was checking Factcheck.org if they had done any investigations of climate issues and found one from earlier this year and the accusations were eerily similar to this iteration (Nasa was involved as well). I got a headache reading and could not complete it but I got the impression that Nasa retains it's rating.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/not...perature-data/

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            What's lost on me is motivation for a multi-national environmental conspiracy. What is the purpose for creating this massive hoax known as climate change?

Is Ashton Kutcher hiding behind camera waiting for the big reveal?
            There is major tax revenue to be had by government.

All western governments have been living beyond means for a very long time. Somewhere along the way people thought there was no risk in government bonds and if anyone defaults it will create a tidal wave of default as everything is collateral somewhere.

If, or when, interest rates rise, lots of countries are fooked.

Tie into that the calls for carbon credits to be traded on exchanges and major financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs can rake in billions per year getting their cut on each transaction.

I'm all for protecting the environment but to make the changes these people are calling for and to live with its consequences you need rock solid evidence that CO2 is the culprit.....and no one has provided that yet. All that is offered in response to questions is political and ideological insults. I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it.

Comment

There is major tax revenue to be had by government.

All western governments have been living beyond means for a very long time. Somewhere along the way people thought there was no risk in government bonds and if anyone defaults it will create a tidal wave of default as everything is collateral somewhere.

If, or when, interest rates rise, lots of countries are fooked.

Tie into that the calls for carbon credits to be traded on exchanges and major financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs can rake in billions per year getting their cut on each transaction.

I'm all for protecting the environment but to make the changes these people are calling for and to live with its consequences you need rock solid evidence that CO2 is the culprit.....and no one has provided that yet. All that is offered in response to questions is political and ideological insults. I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it.
              What are these changes that you're so against?

Comment

What are these changes that you're so against?

Increased taxation for individuals and corporations.

Creating a carbon tax or a carbon cap and trade system.

This is nothing more than government looking for more tax revenue.

Comment

Increased taxation for individuals and corporations.

Creating a carbon tax or a carbon cap and trade system.

This is nothing more than government looking for more tax revenue.
                  Tax revenue and control over industries. Carbon tax will crush oil and gas, manufacturing. People say in BC they haven't been affected by their carbon tax, but their economies aren't built on oil and gas/manufacturing like Alberta and Ontario.

The fact that literally the cost of every good/service will increase due to cap and trade is of no concern to these scoundrels. People living pay check to pay check will pay the price, if they can get one. Companies won't feel it for long, they'll just increase the price of their good or service and carry on. For the people that can no longer afford to live on their incomes we'll just expand some social service to them and keep taxing everyone else.

The fact that Alberta is putting in a carbon tax when so many people have already lost their jobs is reckless and insane.

Of course, none of this matters so long as it is done in the religion of Climate Change/Global Warming. I'm sure a carbon tax will work wonders to stop Isis from wanting to chop our heads off.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Ok, to sum up:

NASA as well as other global scientific agencies all agree that climate change is happening, that it is largely irreversible, that man-made causes play a big role, and that our best bet is to attempt to slow the rate of destruction before it's too late for future generations.

And some chose to ignore this because they don't want to pay more taxes.

Correct?

Comment

Ok, to sum up:

NASA as well as other global scientific agencies all agree that climate change is happening, that it is largely irreversible, that man-made causes play a big role, and that our best bet is to attempt to slow the rate of destruction before it's too late for future generations.

And some chose to ignore this because they don't want to pay more taxes.

Correct?

Whether it is real is very much up for debate.

There is no change happening for the last 18 years.
                      Numbers that are not manipulated or extrapolated from a model do not back the claims.
                      It is not known to be irreversible - earth is 6,000,000,000 years old, climate change data goes back a little over 100.
                      There is no account for cycles.
                      There is no account for previous periods of extreme weather throughout history.
                      There is no discussion of the sun cycle and the difference in energy it produces.

Where does NASA and other scientific agencies primarily get their funding?

Some choose to ignore because they don't want to pay more taxes....and because the consequences of those taxes are going to be very damaging for an issue that doesn't even exist.

Comment

• So you deny completely that climate is changing at all?

Comment

So you deny completely that climate is changing at all?
                          IF it is happening, humans aren't the reason to the extent that is being pushed by climate changers. and definitely not to the point where it's worth completely changing our lifestyles and succumbing to Governement controlled industries and higher taxation.
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            IF it is happening, humans aren't the reason to the extent that is being pushed by climate changers. and definitely not to the point where it's worth completely changing our lifestyles and succumbing to Governement controlled industries and higher taxation.
                            So humans have some effect, but not enough effect?

If we can't trust scientific agencies to provide us with proof, it's safe to conclude that there is no proof that would convince you.

Comment

• The so called "science" has no reliable baseline. When you're taking about changes of tenths of a degree over 100 years, one would think a solid baseline would be required.

Just think, what were temperature measurement and logging/documenting standards then compared to now. How do we know that the information then is as reliable as it is now? How do we know that it wasn't manipulated then? We don't even have temperature monitoring systems in all the places we have temperature data
                              Because its 2015

Comment

So you deny completely that climate is changing at all?
                                I've provided evidence and links throughout the thread that question if climate change is happening in the manner the alarmists portray.

In the big picture, the climate is always changing. The climate operates on cycles but climate change alarmists are very linear in the manipulated evidence they produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X