No announcement yet.

Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• there...I asked him
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• didn't see the game but box score looks like it is going to be scola starting at the pf spot until patpat can figure this out. is he being asked to do to much? is he over thinking because he doesn't want to do to much, like he is usurping someone elses' place.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Maybe he needs to lose more weight, he is a high flyer for a big man and all that weight coming down can't be good for his ankles.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Maybe he needs to lose more weight, he is a high flyer for a big man and all that weight coming down can't be good for his ankles.
            He rolled it on a drive.

Comment

• Throughout the game they had either ppat, jj, or scola with the 4 starters in short spurts. I guess ppat's gotta start worrying by now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• We Tha North wrote: View Post
                He rolled it on a drive.
                Stepped on a defender's foot.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  but i thought he was in the best shape of his life and finally healthy and ready to be the #1 pick he has always been if he just wasn't drafted by another team that clearly only wanted him to fail

Comment

• Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Stepped on a defender's foot.
                    To me it seemed like he is gonna be fine. He walked it off pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• We Tha North wrote: View Post
                      He rolled it on a drive.
                      michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                      Throughout the game they had either ppat, jj, or scola with the 4 starters in short spurts. I guess ppat's gotta start worrying by now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
                      that is bad luck

Comment

• When's the Raps next game?

Comment

• Hmm. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again. JJ is a 3, not a 4. All his strengths are negated playing at the 4, and all his weaknesses easier to exploit.

Not worried about Patterson not shooting. They might just be looking to see what else he can do. If he's not shooting by the time the season starts it will be a concern. Until then, those plays are getting open shots, so that's good, and Patterson's probably trying to work on his counter.

Lowry looked great, CoJo too, Carroll carried the team for a good chunk of the game. Scola looked good with the bench. JV was good for stretches on both ends but still has a ways to go before the season starts. Nice pass to Lowry - see what happens when you move off ball during a post-up? Ross continues his positive-but-I'm-not-getting-too-excited play. DD was awful for the most part, though looked OK early in the second half. Weird choice on when to play Bruno - he came in when I expected to see JJ at the 3, then didn't get a minute with the scrubs later on, instead having CoJo out there in a super small Wright-CoJo-Powell lineup which I pray we never see again. Bruno though again looked like an NBA player but unspectacular, which is a great sign at this point. Biyombo had a pretty forgettable game, but he was fine.

Overall, decent. Again, stretches of good play on both ends. Still just spurts. But consistency should hopefully come over the next couple weeks.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Lowry looked great, CoJo too, Carroll carried the team for a good chunk of the game. Scola looked good with the bench. JV was good for stretches on both ends but still has a ways to go before the season starts. Nice pass to Lowry - see what happens when you move off ball during a post-up? Ross continues his positive-but-I'm-not-getting-too-excited play. DD was awful for the most part, though looked OK early in the second half. Weird choice on when to play Bruno - he came in when I expected to see JJ at the 3, then didn't get a minute with the scrubs later on, instead having CoJo out there in a super small Wright-CoJo-Powell lineup which I pray we never see again. Bruno though again looked like an NBA player but unspectacular, which is a great sign at this point. Biyombo had a pretty forgettable game, but he was fine.

Overall, decent. Again, stretches of good play on both ends. Still just spurts. But consistency should hopefully come over the next couple weeks.
                            I kinda hope this doesn't become a trend. As you mentioned, JJ is better at the three but also i'd rather see Bruno play more for the 905s, at least for a large stretch of the season. I think it would be more beneficial for him to play 30 minutes a game in a situation where he can make mistakes and learn in a no pressure environment. JJ is also just a better player.

If it is just experimentation, which is what I suspect then thats fine. I want to see a lot of different lineups for a while, until we know what works.

Comment

• even though its preseason, gotta love how Demarre shows he can be Demar while doing it better at both ends of the floor.

KLow, DC and JV.

That is the trio.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                I kinda hope this doesn't become a trend. As you mentioned, JJ is better at the three but also i'd rather see Bruno play more for the 905s, at least for a large stretch of the season. I think it would be more beneficial for him to play 30 minutes a game in a situation where he can make mistakes and learn in a no pressure environment. JJ is also just a better player.

If it is just experimentation, which is what I suspect then thats fine. I want to see a lot of different lineups for a while, until we know what works.
                                I currently expect Bruno, Powell, and Wright to start the season on a three-weeks-with-the-905's/one-with-the-Raptors plan, as all three of them should develop quickly if they get a lot of in-game minutes, enough so that they'll return to the big club periodically for evaluation and reward minutes. Bebe will probably remain with the 905's consistently barring injury, because the center position is really set, and because he is probably the least ready of the prospects. Bennett will probably be spending some amount of time with the Raptors simply because there's a limit of how many players the team can have with the 905's at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X