• Show
Clear All

• Prediction - 2010-11 Starting Lineup

Bargnani
    Johnson
    Turkoglu
    Weems
    Calderon
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Hmmmm .... I'm praying your soooooo wrong on this one Buddah. If that's the best we got with our starting line-up next season, welcome to the 2010-11 version of the New Jersey Nets.

Comment

Jack
      Weems
      Derozan
      Bosh
      Bargnani

I think Calderon is gone. Hedo will be here next year, but he will be quarterbacking a bench unit consisting of himself, Amir, Marco, and our first round draft pick; Eric Bledsoe.
      I Am Shutup

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Hmmmm .... I'm praying your soooooo wrong on this one Buddah. If that's the best we got with our starting line-up next season, welcome to the 2010-11 version of the New Jersey Nets.
        Actually for what it is worth that combination this year was pretty successful

They had a 66% winning percentage. It was also the five man unit that Johnson played the most minutes with.

Only one Bosh Bargnani unit with as many minutes as that one had a better winning percentage. That one was

Bosh
        Bargnani
        Wright
        Weems
        Calderon

They had a 81% winning percentage.

Now don't ask me how these numbers are computed by 82games.com. I haven't got a clue. As you know I do use their numbers and I do know that they sell compiled data to NBA teams that is not available on their public website. So it seems reasonable to me that there could be some method to their madness

Basically with this unit that I am predicting you are swapping Weems for DeRozan which I am pretty sure you will agree is an upgrade. So clearly you are saying that if the Raptors start Johnson next year with this years end of the season starters rather than keeping Bosh that the Raptors will win only 12 games. Considering that Johnson's net production this year was the highest of any Raptors player including Bosh I can only conclude that you are indeed a very funny person. That's cool.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09TOR9.HTM
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Guys. I reserve my prediction until after the draft and free agency. For now I'm going with:

Alonzo Mourning
          Antonio Davis
          John Salmons
          Vince Carter
          Rafer Alston

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Guys. I reserve my prediction until after the draft and free agency. For now I'm going with:

Alonzo Mourning
            Antonio Davis
            John Salmons
            Vince Carter
            Rafer Alston

I like that one. I would add first man off the bench the Junkyard Dog.

Comment

jack/pg to be drafter
              weems
              hedo
              bargs
              centre from sign and trade

Comment

spacejam wrote: View Post
                jack/pg to be drafter
                weems
                hedo
                bargs
                centre from sign and trade
                BC could trade Johnson for this guy.

Comment

Jack
                  Derozan
                  Weems
                  Amir
                  Bargs

if Turk isnt gone ill call this offseason a waste
                  the guy is terrible, maybe not as a player but just the way he presents himself
                  i wouldnt mind suffering a terrible season if it means Turk gone and the #1 (or close to it) pick in 2011

Comment

Calderon / Jack
                    Battie / Demar
                    Weems / Demar
                    Bargnani / Jordan Hill /
                    Yao / Whiteside / Dorsey

Comment

I would dig taking a risk on yao and whiteside would be a great pick hes got the athleticism and shot to move to PF if bargnani keeps doing wht hes doing.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
                        Calderon / Jack
                        Battie / Demar
                        Weems / Demar
                        Bargnani / Jordan Hill /
                        Yao / Whiteside / Dorsey
                        I have also thought about Yao in a Raptors uniform. I am not so sure that the guy will ever play more than 60 games in a season again. If the Raptors could pay him based upon minutes played then I would say go for it.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I have also thought about Yao in a Raptors uniform. I am not so sure that the guy will ever play more than 60 games in a season again. If the Raptors could pay him based upon minutes played then I would say go for it.
                          I know Yao is injured prone but he is a veteran which could help Jordan Hill, Whiteside (if we get him) and even Bargnani with some tips

And as for Battie i huge bonus!

And Yao is a cash cow! and Chinese people in Toronto would pay to see him...play lol MLSE would love to have him! Attendance would be great! We can be competitive as well and at least get a shot at the Atlantic Division again

Comment

yea if chris bosh were to leave I always thought taking a risk on yao would be great only problem thou seeing that you also have jordan hill and battie your assuming bosh would go for a S&T to houston and thats something I dont see him doing the only way I see us getting yao is if he opts out of hes current deal which he does have an opportunity to do so if he chooses.

Comment

This summer

Comment

Working...
                              X