Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Day. And Nav politicizing the Raptors Org. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    True, but most are also business people, lawyers, economists, accountants. Not bouncers and drama teachers.
    Most aren't mentored from birth by one of the longest serving, most successful prime ministers in Canada's history.

If there was someone better available I'd root for them but he's the best option.

Comment

You don't think Trudeau has been corrupted or jaded by lobbyists and bureaucrats?!
      If he has been, then it was those damn lobbyists representing those middle-class fat cats... oh wait ...
      Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

True, but most are also business people, lawyers, economists, accountants. Not bouncers and drama teachers.
        Can he not hire Lawyers and Economists and Accountants as advisors, to assist in carrying out his plan? Or is that against the rules?

And he actually taught Math as well ... but y'know ... drama makes him sound less "SMRT".
        Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• I wasn't thrilled with either Trudeau or Mulcair as options for Prime Minister, but they're miles ahead of the megalomaniac who rebranded 'Government of Canada' to 'Harper Government'. That's a DSM-diagnosis level of narcissism.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I wasn't thrilled with either Trudeau or Mulcair as options for Prime Minister, but they're miles ahead of the megalomaniac who rebranded 'Government of Canada' to 'Harper Government'. That's a DSM-diagnosis level of narcissism.
            I agree.

I ended up voting liberal for the following reasons:

1) conservatives had to go, 10 years and change needed
            2) libs said they would pull military in Iraq and Syria
            3) legalize weed,
            4) enact right to die legislation

The last to were a step towards a more libertarian society so my vote you were awarded.

Comment

• Stephen got a bigger beating than the Senator on the right. And yes, the senate should be abolished.

Comment

Yes, it is meant to discredit him and it does. He's a joke, if his last name wasn't Trudeau nobody would give a rats ass about him. But I suppose that it does show kids that anyone can become Prime Minister (so long as you have the right last name).

I don't know much about Katimavik, but if it so great it will be funded with private donations and will continue doing whatever good it was meant to do. There are a lot of great programs that don't need public funding and are successful on private funds.
                Why not mention his 2 Bach. degrees...from McGill & UBC? That is part of one's resume no?

Imo, a good grounding in the liberal arts is more important/valuable than the law degrees that seem to be in vogue for most legislators. Hire legal help and ask the right questions. And please stop dismissing JT without him even being sworn in. He may surprise as he did in the election. He has already begun...by telling Pres. OBama he is pulling out of Iraq. Something O would love to do and has done but thats the US I suppose and there are different pressures.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Why not mention his 2 Bach. degrees...from McGill & UBC? That is part of one's resume no?
                  Exactly, and on top of that, you hardly need to be the smartest man in the room to be a great leader.

Comment

• Pierre
                    Education: Law degree from the University of Montreal
                    Master’s degree in political economy from Harvard University
                    Doctorate at London School of Economics (unfinished)

Pre-political occupations: Economic advisor to the Privy Council
                    Law professor

Prior political affiliations: Marxism, Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (predecessor to the NDP)

So that's cool Pierre aligned with Marxists. No biggie though, we like Marxists.

Justin:

Education: Bachelor of Arts in literature from McGill University
                    Bachelor of Education from University of British Columbia
                    Master of Arts in Environmental Geography from McGill University (unfinished)

Pre-political occupations: High school teacher, served on boards for the Canadian Avalanche Foundation and Katimavik

Prior political affiliations: None (lifelong supporter of the Liberal Party

Hey at least he didn't affiliate with Marxists like daddy did.

Cold hearted evil Steve

Masters in Economics from University of Calgary. And pretty much all political crap and affiliations after that.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Exactly, and on top of that, you hardly need to be the smartest man in the room to be a great leader.
                      Leadership is a tenuous quality. One never knows quite whether one is successful at it until you are thrown into a position to lead. JT, to date, by virtue of his leadership of the Liberal party and just past election team shows he has passed some important tests. Hope he succeeds for the country and himself/family.

Speaking of leadership Harper lost as badly more so because people perceived him as a terrible & grumpy leader whose notion of leadership (even within his own party) was "my way or the highway". Also treated Ontario terribly and wouldnt be surprised that he had a personal animus towards K Wynne the premier because she is a gay person.

Comment

• This whole middle class struggling under Harper and Trudeau saving it is such a crock. Canada has one of the strongest and richest middle classes in the world. If Trudeau somehow manages to improve the middle class it'd be one hell of an accomplishment.

From the Hardcore Right Leaning Stephen Harper supporting CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ca...ring-1.2931928

I'm sorry if you couldn't "relate" to Steve the robot, but the middle class was doing fantastic with him at the helm. So cut the crap about conservatives not caring about the middle class. A healthy economy benefits everyone, and for a group of people that care about "uniting" liberals sure do like to put people in boxes.
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Pierre
                          Education: Law degree from the University of Montreal
                          Master’s degree in political economy from Harvard University
                          Doctorate at London School of Economics (unfinished)

Pre-political occupations: Economic advisor to the Privy Council
                          Law professor

Prior political affiliations: Marxism, Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (predecessor to the NDP)

So that's cool Pierre aligned with Marxists. No biggie though, we like Marxists.

Justin:

Education: Bachelor of Arts in literature from McGill University
                          Bachelor of Education from University of British Columbia
                          Master of Arts in Environmental Geography from McGill University (unfinished)

Pre-political occupations: High school teacher, served on boards for the Canadian Avalanche Foundation and Katimavik

Prior political affiliations: None (lifelong supporter of the Liberal Party

Hey at least he didn't affiliate with Marxists like daddy did.

Cold hearted evil Steve

Masters in Economics from University of Calgary. And pretty much all political crap and affiliations after that.
                          I dont know the point of all that but I'd be down for future PMs to have a life outside of academia and government before leading a government. Kind of provides perspective. You forgot to add a Harper hobby....membership in a very dicey band

Comment

Leadership is a tenuous quality. One never knows quite whether one is successful at it until you are thrown into a position to lead. JT, to date, by virtue of his leadership of the Liberal party and just past election team shows he has passed some important tests. Hope he succeeds for the country and himself/family.

Speaking of leadership Harper lost as badly more so because people perceived him as a terrible & grumpy leader whose notion of leadership (even within his own party) was "my way or the highway". Also treated Ontario terribly and wouldnt be surprised that he had a personal animus towards K Wynne the premier because she is a gay person.
                            You think he didn't like Wynne because she's gay?! He didn't like her because she's a lying manipulative Premier that has overseen wasteful spending, the collapse of the Ontario economy and outrageous green bullshit that has done nothing but drive out jobs and drive up the cost of energy.
                            Because its 2015

Comment

I dont know the point of all that but I'd be down for future PMs to have a life outside of academia and government before leading a government. Kind of provides perspective. You forgot to add a Harper hobby....membership in a very dicey band
                              Lol yeah super dicey.

At the end of the day, I'm convinced Trudeau is a talking head and I strongly disagree with the policy of his party (whether they are his own or that of advisors doesn't matter I suppose). What he is championing and what the wonderful peeps of Canada have voted for will be detrimental to Canada both locally and globally.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

This whole middle class struggling under Harper and Trudeau saving it is such a crock. Canada has one of the strongest and richest middle classes in the world. If Trudeau somehow manages to improve the middle class it'd be one hell of an accomplishment.

From the Hardcore Right Leaning Stephen Harper supporting CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ca...ring-1.2931928

I'm sorry if you couldn't "relate" to Steve the robot, but the middle class was doing fantastic with him at the helm. So cut the crap about conservatives not caring about the middle class. A healthy economy benefits everyone, and for a group of people that care about "uniting" liberals sure do like to put people in boxes.
                                I agree that the middle class escaped what befell most of the industrialized countries....BUT...Harper got lucky. While in opposition he and the conservatives pushed heavily for de-regulation of the banking sector which was primarily to blame for the overreach causing the financial crisis in 2008.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/2009/...egulation.html

Sorry I couldnt provide a link more substantive but its out there.

If it werent for Premier Martin who was firmly opposed to following the US in their deregulation we would have probably ended up in the same pickle with probably worse results simply because of our economies of scale. So SH was fortunate and rode the wave...and it wasnt because of his Masters in Economics. The guy is a second rate leader who is governed by ideology rather than a flexible more inclusive and optimistic approach to governing. I have seen more positive international news about Canada in foreign journals over the last few days that the last 10 years.

Here's another link to warm your heart....

http://globalnews.ca/news/2033927/we...-in-net-worth/

Give the man a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X