Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the issue is so much tanking as it is bad decision-making, as you said Apollo.

Tanking is a perfectly viable and reasonable strategy if you're accurately valuing players.

But if you're trading Russell Westbrook (ranked 8th and only 27 years old) for an uncertain pick and Bruno Caboclo, which is essentially what that trade netted to (using basketball monster rankings at the time of the trade), you have badly misjudged both time and valuation.

In a dynasty league a couple of trades like that can mess with the competitive balance for years. As a hazy newcomer I thought I read that anything goes under the cap but a basic veto process could be helpful.

You don't want to hamstring active traders, but maybe if say 3 managers make a public vote for reviewing the deal, the managers in question should have to defend the deal before being subject to a group vote.

Comment

• The basketball world has been turned upside down...

Lakers are beating Warriors 99-81.

Curry is 1/10 from 3...

Klay is 0/8...

I woke up in the wrong universe...

Comment

• Oh shit... The Elimination Champ is on the ropes. This is starting to look like the beginning of Rocky IV.

Comment

• Good week Axel. Came right down to the wire.

Wow, Coach with another upset too. The underdogs really ruled the day today, Lakers leading the way.
          Last edited by Scraptor; Sun Mar 6, 2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Whew, new comer Reggier Jackson for the win! Was afraid my missed lineups would cost me, but he came through with a huge game. I believe that puts me into 7th now. Excellent.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Good week Axel. Came right down to the wire.

Wow, Coach with another upset too. The underdogs really ruled the day today, Lakers leading the way.
              Hard week for me to stomach.

Bosh out. Love sat 1 game for rest. LMA sat 1 game for migraine.

Lost by 1 3PM or 3 blocks.

The loss likely means I will not make the playoffs this year. It was an uphill battle and my margin for error was slim. I must win next against jbml or I am officially out.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Some emails being fired out lately. It's easier to keep track off this stuff here, isn't it?

Comment

• My epic collapse continues, so many nagging injuries makes it hard to compete.

I finish up the season with Miek and koncept before I hobble into the playoffs. Good grief, this season took a turn for the shitter as soon as Bledsoe went down, 1-5 in my last 6 weeks.

Regarding the tank situation, I agree fully with Tucas. I see no point in it and it has helped a few teams become strong for years to come. 1 top notch prospect will not solve anyone's problems for years to come, you still need 14 other guys on your roster to be able to compete. Not setting lineups is bullshit, it has an effect on a lot of managers that put a lot of time and effort into building their teams. To get screwed out a playoff spot because someone is not setting their lineups would be a real bummer and it goes against the spirit of the game. If we are playing for money, then do what you want, but this is all for bragging rights and good old fashioned fun. I don't want to see this league be ruined.

Comment

• I've been taking names and notes, no one slips past the commissioners. But I was hoping to sort of leave this conversation for the end of the season, so we can focus on the playoffs and the people actually trying to win and compete.

If we DO find that persistently removing active players from play has caused a change in outcome, then that is something that will be looked into, and the offending managers will be spoken to. Axel, Tucas and I will discuss strategies on how to curb this behaviour (re lineups), and we welcome PMs from others on the subject.

If we could though, lets try and keep the focus on those managers who are making an effort to compete right now.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 7, 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      My epic collapse continues, so many nagging injuries makes it hard to compete.

I finish up the season with Miek and koncept before I hobble into the playoffs. Good grief, this season took a turn for the shitter as soon as Bledsoe went down, 1-5 in my last 6 weeks.
                      I offered a solution that surely would have turned that around! Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I offered a solution that surely would have turned that around! Haha
                        Yea, but that was only for one guy... My while team is going down daily, so I would have needed to make a lot more trades lol wasn't prepared for that.

Comment

• Quick last note on the subject, I don't personally like calling guys out publically (the league manages a good enough job of that themselves LOL), but I've been vehemtly assured by the latest offender that this sort of Lineup setting will NOT happen again.

Let it be known, we will be looking deeper into the numbers/outcomes this offseason, so no action or discipline will be given at this time, as again, I'd like to save this conversation for the off-season.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Quick last note on the subject, I don't personally like calling guys out publically (the league manages a good enough job of that themselves LOL), but I've been vehemtly assured by the latest offender that this sort of Lineup setting will NOT happen again.

Let it be known, we will be looking deeper into the numbers/outcomes this offseason, so no action or discipline will be given at this time, as again, I'd like to save this conversation for the off-season.
                            *sneaks in ... grabs some popcorn ... getting ready for fireworks*

Comment

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                My epic collapse continues, so many nagging injuries makes it hard to compete.

Regarding the tank situation, I agree fully with Tucas. I see no point in it and it has helped a few teams become strong for years to come. 1 top notch prospect will not solve anyone's problems for years to come, you still need 14 other guys on your roster to be able to compete. Not setting lineups is bullshit, it has an effect on a lot of managers that put a lot of time and effort into building their teams. To get screwed out a playoff spot because someone is not setting their lineups would be a real bummer and it goes against the spirit of the game. If we are playing for money, then do what you want, but this is all for bragging rights and good old fashioned fun. I don't want to see this league be ruined.
                                should have made the lebron trade

Comment

Working...
                                X