This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    but is that for all teams? That isnt specified in the CBA. It read it as an implication to the team that signs player in the first place.

This was brought up in past.

Essentially being able to resign him is similar to concept of Bird Rights.

When you trade a player his Bird Rights go with him.

If you don't have the Bird Rights to begin with, when you trade him, the new team doesn't get them either.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      This was brought up in past.

Essentially being able to resign him is similar to concept of Bird Rights.

When you trade a player his Bird Rights go with him.

If you don't have the Bird Rights to begin with, when you trade him, the new team doesn't get them either.
      but what if he was traded to a new team, under the cap, then that team could sign him the same as if they picked him up on waiver...King of like a sign and trade...or should i say trade and sign...but that is getting into alot more number keeping.

Comment

but what if he was traded to a new team, under the cap, then that team could sign him the same as if they picked him up on waiver...King of like a sign and trade...or should i say trade and sign...but that is getting into alot more number keeping.

The new team is acquiring the old contract.

If a player has 1 year, you trade for him and you're under the cap, you can't give him more years.

Same with ability to resign. When the old team acquired him, they did so without ability to resign, therefore that carries over to new team.

I'm just stating how we've run in the past as this issue did come up previously. If there is desire to change it then........

Comment

No. The player has no bird rights. He can't be resigned. Even if the other team has cap space.

Comment

• Axel.....I'm getting cold feet on that offer - lol

Comment

Axel.....I'm getting cold feet on that offer - lol
              i will better it. lol

Comment

• Actually, had to cancel it anyways, Axel.

Didn't fit under 40 on your end.

Comment

• New offer, Axel.

Comment

• whats it gonna be..........

Im guessing it involved Melo....

Comment

whats it gonna be..........

Im guessing it involved Melo....

Yuck

Comment

Yuck
                        lolololololol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Hey I also got a pick that would become Stanley Johnson in that Bosh deal ... so there's that... honestly, I panicked when I heard he might die ... thought that was a good return for the time. Haha

As for the Nate Robinson deal .. ya that was first year, I didn't have a real grasp of the true value of a pick. Lol And I just really wanted to get rid of DJ for some reason ...

But ya, I made up for it in the Beal deal .. even though that pick turned out to be Norman Powell ... I still believe in the Powell Ranger!!

Nice round up of the trades though!! Was fun to read.
                          Gay is still the better player as of now and Beal always misses a lot of action. That pick wouldn't have done anything for me, so again, I think it was a fair trade for both. I probably didn't need to throw that pick in, so let's just say you owe me one

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Mack, not sure if you heard but Sauce Castillo's ankles were forever broken ... shattered to a million pieces. He will never be the same .........

Haha I slept from 730pm-730am last night so this scared this shit outta me just now! Very relieved that it was just a joke.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Haha I slept from 730pm-730am last night so this scared this shit outta me just now! Very relieved that it was just a joke.
                              Heheh I knew you'd be on edge at the mere mention of an Injury.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                He is getting an MRI on his knee today.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X