This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So correct me if I'm wrong:

All their players would be pooled. They would draft one for one until they hit 15 players per side. Cap is a factor, the contracts don't "reset" and so they have to understand they can't draft over cap space of 40?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Thanks for clearing that up.
      No problem! This is definitely something that I don't think anyone ever thought we'd see, but again, its a very rare opportunity to potentially effect massive positive change on our league. I wouldn't want this to get too complex or convoluted, but I think its certainly an interesting proposal.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So correct me if I'm wrong:

All their players would be pooled. They would draft one for one until they hit 15 players per side. Cap is a factor, the contracts don't "reset" and so they have to understand they can't draft over cap space of 40?
        Essentially, yes.

Its been floated that we allow some mechanisms to "protect" some players on each team, which would then require we still do the Coin Flip, but I guess these are the little details to work out.

Comment

• There's going to be an exciting coin flip regardless, it's just whether it's an all or nothing situation or an advantage situation.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            All owners of those picks have weighed in. 2 of 3 are in favour of the Balance.
            All 3 owners have posted.

Miek owns both future Snooch picks and has the most to lose.

Dan and I each own a future mcpick.

I'm in flavour as long as it is weighted to minimize the impact on Miek's assets. Protections and exemptions would scale it back to about half the roster being up for grabs, with top players, rookie contracts and expiring staying put.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I like the idea of protecting 3 players and keeping DPE's.

Also in flavour of the future picks being capped at 1 year out.

Comment

• Really Mack, the Knicks?

Comment

• Based on my understanding I'm voting yes.

Comment

• so to be clear - the only owner that this affects negatively is Miekenstein. He actually owns both of Scraptor's picks which are valued to be pretty high draft picks... i believe at some point were packaged when he gave up talents like curry and Lebron James.... so as long as he's okay those losing value then I don't think anyone else would have a problem with it.. because all the other owners with picks involved will have their picks increase in value with the proposed rebalancing act

I don't really like the idea of adding a 17th and 18th pick for miek to compensate, I think that affects the rest of the league too much narrowing the FA pool by taking out more rookie to be targeted in the draft. I think if he isn't in favour of losing value in his potential lotto picks then maybe he should voice that now with a possible veto.

I'm still a nay, not trying to make a big stink just feeling it appropriate to voice my opinion on all aspects of the matter before any changes made - will be happy with any result.
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• He has two picks so what if the league awarded him the one-time use of extra funds for FA(ex:2-3% of FA budget)?

Most rookie FA's are going for pennies anyway and so the extra cash compensates him a little in a way where he can go get one without dipping into his total budget of regular funds.

Like multiple people said, he already indicated he was cool with it all but it sucks that in a way he gets dinged with no compensation at all.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jun 27, 2016, 03:14 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Really Mack, the Knicks?
                        It was NBA relevant. I believe all Knick fans are just illegitimate bastard sons and daughters of Flav. It's my only logical explanation as to why anyone cheers for that team.

Comment

• RECAP

In Flavour: Mack North, Apollo, Axel, Miek, Dan, 007, jbml (I think)

Not in Flavour: koncept (but he's cool either way )

Unflavoured: skywalker, Coach, WJF, tucas, Cody, Drizz, Realizar

Missing anyone?
                          Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 27, 2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• So if we limited the rebalance in the way axel suggested, it'd balance the teams a bit but also keep teams in their relative talent tier without reshifting the pick values too much.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              So if we limited the rebalance in the way axel suggested, it'd balance the teams a bit but also keep teams in their relative talent tier without reshifting the pick values too much.
                              That's the idea!!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                RECAP

In Flavour: Mack North, Apollo, Axel, Miek, Dan, 007, jbml (I think)

Not in Flavour: koncept (but he's cool either way )

Unflavoured: skywalker, Coach, WJF, tucas, Cody, Drizz, Realizar

Missing anyone?
                                I am in Flavour

Comment

Working...
                                X