This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Yeah but even experienced owners make mistakes. I remember when Durant missed some games and Perry Jones III stepped into a starters role and someone grabbed him off waivers and gave him a huge 4 year deal.

Yikes. #Perrygate

Comment

Not only Scott-free, you used up another's amnesty. Risky but successful espionage.
      Which funnily enough, that team now belongs to Cody.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I remember being jealous about that PJ3 signing, he had a lot of hype
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• The Whiteside deal has to be a sign-&-trade officially made as of Aug. 1st.

Whiteside is currently an unsigned, restricted free agent who's Bird-rights are owned by 007.

I think 007 has to agree to re-sign him with specific years in order to trade him, and Koncept has to make his #3 pick for 007.

Koncept needs to wait until after August 1st to acquire him. He also has to have a roster spot available. Both team's also have to ensure that the deal works under the cap with both team's cap years in consideration

Any other circumstances will warrant a protest.
          RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            The Whiteside deal has to be a sign-&-trade officially made as of Aug. 1st.

Whiteside is currently an unsigned, restricted free agent who's Bird-rights are owned by 007.

I think 007 has to agree to re-sign him with specific years in order to trade him, and Koncept has to make his #3 pick for 007.

Koncept needs to wait until after August 1st to acquire him. He also has to have a roster spot available. Both team's also have to ensure that the deal works under the cap with both team's cap years in consideration

Any other circumstances will warrant a protest.
            Why August 1st? I agree with you that 007/koncept needs to announce years for Whiteside before the trade can be "official", but I'm not sure why it can't go through until August 1st? If anything, it would be September 1st, when all resigns and rookie contract years are due, but even then, I think we've done it in the past where you can announce the years you want to sign guys early as well.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              I remember being jealous about that PJ3 signing, he had a lot of hype
              Thanks man. Makes me feel better, because I thought that was the case. Haha

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                it would be an interesting factor if maybe we could trade players for cash considerations from other teams and maybe use that during the FA auction
                We've already allowed teams to trade FA moneys during the season .. but I'm not sure we ever had someone go over $200 ... I'm not sure how I feel about that. Not saying I dislike the idea, just not sure its something we want to get into RE: keep it simple.
                Not to mention setting things up for the FA Auction is already a pain in the neck as it is. Haha

Comment

• My bad.

So as I understand it, in this scenario 007 agrees to re-sign Whiteside with years and trade him for Koncept's #3 pick - provided that Koncept can absorb the years and remain under the cap, and can put him on his 15-player roster.

Is this correct?
                  RR OG

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    We've already allowed teams to trade FA moneys during the season .. but I'm not sure we ever had someone go over $200 ... I'm not sure how I feel about that. Not saying I dislike the idea, just not sure its something we want to get into RE: keep it simple.
                    Not to mention setting things up for the FA Auction is already a pain in the neck as it is. Haha
                    Isn't that the reason is why trading players for FAAB money was intended for?
                    RR OG

Comment

Isn't that the reason is why trading players for FAAB money was intended for?
                      I think it was more for guys who spent all their money in Auction on Waiver but still wanted to be able to snag a guy when needed. I don't it was ever intended to go over $200 but maybe I'm the one complicating things ... Lol

Comment

My bad.

So as I understand it, in this scenario 007 agrees to re-sign Whiteside with years and trade him for Koncept's #3 pick - provided that Koncept can absorb the years and remain under the cap, and can put him on his 15-player roster.

Is this correct?
                        You got it. At least that's how I understand we've done it in the past.

Comment

• Joey, we should start planning out date/time if you want to try to do the draft "live" this year.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I think it was more for guys who spent all their money in Auction on Waiver but still wanted to be able to snag a guy when needed. I don't it was ever intended to go over $200 but maybe I'm the one complicating things ... Lol
                            Dealing money prior to the draft changes the balance of the draft. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because it might actually make it more exciting on the lead up. Just like in the real NBA FA period where you know the player will go to the highest bidder but the player favors a certain team. Then that team rushes to find a deal to clear space to offer more money.

Complexity goes up though you're right and it's easier for something to go wrong somehow. Suddenly the league needs a treasurer and brings in PWC each year end to make sure no one cooked the books. lol

Comment

My bad.

Is this correct?
                              That seems right. Keep in mind it's the summer so staying under the cap is very, very easy for the most part. But you do not need to fit him in your 15 - there are no roster size limits in the summer.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Joey, we should start planning out date/time if you want to try to do the draft "live" this year.
                                I've asked a few times for peoples input, but I think Mack North was the only one to chime in. But I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X