Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again I'm not suggesting we overturn what happened, just that we accept the fact that 2 people were unaware of the rule and that we continue enforcing that rule.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      Again I'm not suggesting we overturn what happened, just that we accept the fact that 2 people were unaware of the rule and that we continue enforcing that rule.
      Well if someone else had bid, and Miek won, we would have to overturn it to give the player to the #2 bidder. Whether or not we give Miek his money back ... I say there be a penalty for breaking the rules. $10? Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Well if someone else had bid, and Miek won, we would have to overturn it to give the player to the #2 bidder. Whether or not we give Miek his money back ... I say there be a penalty for breaking the rules. $10? Haha
        I agree. I believe McHappy had said no one else had bid. That being said being stuck with a player who he can't resign and is out for the season, may be punishment enough.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          I agree. I believe McHappy had said no one else had bid. That being said being stuck with a player who he can't resign and is out for the season, may be punishment enough.
          No one else bid. The only "auction" pickup for that date is Mirza Teletovic for $1 by Skywalkers, defeating Axel and mcHappy's $0 bids.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Hey I also got a pick that would become Stanley Johnson in that Bosh deal ... so there's that... honestly, I panicked when I heard he might die ... thought that was a good return for the time. Haha

As for the Nate Robinson deal .. ya that was first year, I didn't have a real grasp of the true value of a pick. Lol And I just really wanted to get rid of DJ for some reason ...

But ya, I made up for it in the Beal deal .. even though that pick turned out to be Norman Powell ... I still believe in the Powell Ranger!!

Nice round up of the trades though!! Was fun to read.
            Anyone else remember when Joey bid $80 in free agency to add Perry Jones III? Then signed up to a long contract, then ultimately flipped him to Fully for Shabazz Napier. Funnily enough, both players are free agents...
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Anyone else remember when Joey bid $80 in free agency to add Perry Jones III? Then signed up to a long contract, then ultimately flipped him to Fully for Shabazz Napier. Funnily enough, both players are free agents...
              I would love to pile on.

Sadly all anyone has to say to me is, "You traded James Harden? FOR WHAT?!?!?"

....and I promptly fade in to the background.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                ok, but it isn't written that way

"When a player is signed the team must post in the league thread within 7 days if it is a multi-year contract; otherwise it is assumed to be a 1-year contract.
                Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap unless picked up on First Waiver Period.
                Players can be signed if team is over the cap, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts."

if that is the way to do it can we write it in. the new gm we are looking to hire says he has a guy who can "read"
                To be fair to everyone we need the rules in one place.

If there is discussion on a topic somewhere throughout these posts and it is left at that then that is only discussion.

If it is a rule or if a rule needs clarification it should be written down in the place allotted for this ie first post of this thread

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  that sounds fair
                  yes

Comment

Ya I think if years have been declared, then that's that.
                    Is this written anywhere in our rules?

Is this consistent with how we treat other deadlines?

I may be mistaken but I believe that there were changes made to original submissions on other occasions that were adjusted before the deadline.

My only point here is that this type of stuff cannot be decided in some post some where. It needs to be in one spot.

edit

this is from a post on the first page of this thread in regards to when assigning years become official.
                    Last edited by jbml; Wed Nov 25, 2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      I agree with his interpretation of how it is written but not on the intent. That is part of the problem with having team's change owners, things that were discussed get lost.

My thought it that we go with Miek's interpretation this season and then re-word for next year to include the "absorb" point that Tucas made above.
                      yup

Comment

• The goal of this league was to run and manage it as close to the NBA as possible, while allowing for certain liberties to make everything work. If we were to write down every single rule and discussion, our rule book would be 17 pages long and no one would read it.

I think some things just need to be left to common sense.
                        If you are at the cap, there is no logical way you can absorb an already signed contract. 1 year or 8 years. There just isn't.
                        So I'm not sure why we need to now make exceptions. Signing a Free Agent is much different than picking someone off of Waivers; just as it is in the NBA.

jbml wrote:
                        Is this written anywhere in our rules?

Is this consistent with how we treat other deadlines?

I may be mistaken but I believe that there were changes made to original submissions on other occasions that were adjusted before the deadline.
                        The only time we've allowed people to flip-flop or change any contract numbers is during the off-season with your own Extensions, where people have several months to think and ponder on and many different things can arise that affect your offer. The Offseason Extensions are different, and I would think people can appreciate that.
                        The specific incident you are pointing to was for the Free Agent draft, which was 3 days before the start of the Season, and which to me is no different than in season Free Agents, where once you declare your contract, that IS the contract.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Are three team deals allowed?
                          I've been trying for years to swing a 3-team trade. If you can make it work, by all means! Just gotta find the right parties.

Comment

• Like I said, I'm more than happy to give Miek some money back, and call it a day.
                            It was a silly mistake that never should have even happened. Not a big deal.

Again, as I said, if someone had even bet $2, we would take MKG away from Miek, likely give him his cash back, and give the player to #2 for $2. So no biggy. $10 fee for making everyone waste their time seems reasonable. Haha

Because if commissioners were able to review Waiver claims (as in the NBA) before they are processed, then again, this never would have even happened. We would reject his claim and that's it.
                            Last edited by Joey; Wed Nov 25, 2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Not to mention, that allowing people at 40 to pick up 1-year players on the First Waiver period would actually give them an advantage, as they have nothing to lose by signing the player, where as people who have managed their cap space better and can afford to sign the player long term, would likely want to wait until the 2nd waiver period, so they can sign him to their own contract.

This was all me catching up after work ... but I think I covered everything. LOL

Comment

The goal of this league was to run and manage it as close to the NBA as possible, while allowing for certain liberties to make everything work. If we were to write down every single rule and discussion, our rule book would be 17 pages long and no one would read it.

I think some things just need to be left to common sense.

I believe there will always be a need for clarification and innovation
                                When instances happen such as this it should be recorded

No disrespect to the time required....but we do not have a lot of it and it these incidents will diminish further as the league grows older

Comment

Working...
                                X