This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Fully had one HELL of a team when he walked away.. Curry and Lebron to name a couple. So its not unheard of. But regardless, its completely unfortunate and not something I was expecting.
    It was Keeping it Real that walked out as champ, with both LBJ and Steph on the squad that Miek managed to trade away to rebuild. *still scratching my head at that*

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      It was Keeping it Real that walked out as champ, with both LBJ and Steph on the squad that Miek managed to trade away to rebuild. *still scratching my head at that*
      Scratching your head at KiR walking away? Or Miek rebuilding a Mansion? Haha Both I guess?

Comment

• I'm not sure of all the backstory, He can be a bit aggressive at times... But maybe we should reconsider? What makes this league the best on RR is the amount of activity, I for one although have had my disagreements with mchappy would still want such an involved member like that to stay.
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure of all the backstory, He can be a bit aggressive at times... But maybe we should reconsider? What makes this league the best on RR is the amount of activity, I for one although have had my disagreements with mchappy would still want such an involved member like that to stay.
          The problem is not us not wanting him to stay, it's him not wanting be an involved active member like you said. He has said that he has no intent on coming back to Raptors Republic as a whole. His problem isn't with the league at all, but due to his issue with the overall site he's decided that it would be best for him to be replaced as he doesn't intend to return to the boards once his suspension is up.

Comment

• That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to waiting 10 days or something before looking for a replacement. This wouldn't be the first time that he's threatened to leave the forums. 10 days would give him time to serve his suspension, and then make a more rational decision instead of something in the heat of the moment.

Comment

• At this point it is, and always has been, fully in mcHappy's control.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• unusual that my original comment here was deleted.

if what was said in that email was true..and honestly i dont give a shit...bit makes a person smh.

and makes a post s8nce on here seem a little unnecessary and tasteless.

but i vote hold off 10 days as well.

Comment

I'm not sure of all the backstory, He can be a bit aggressive at times... But maybe we should reconsider?
                  He received a small suspension that was agreed on by the whole group. It was a result of some things that happened on the site which went against the rules. He then decided to call it quits and also resigned from the league. Now you're up to date.

koncept wrote: View Post
                  What makes this league the best on RR is the amount of activity, I for one although have had my disagreements with mchappy would still want such an involved member like that to stay.
                  I'm not commish of this league but in the leagues I do run here rule #1 has been and always will be that Raptors Republic members, especially the active member, take first priority in league vacancies. We run these league for you guys who are active members and because we love fantasy sports of course.

Just my two cents as a freshly renewed member of this league but I think mcHappy needs to come back as a member of the board in order to take the vacant slot in the league. I think that's the fair and right thing to do. Why don't we give it a week, then the suspension lifts and at that point if he comes in here and says he wants to accept the vacant team then we welcome him aboard? I'm down for whatever the league wants, I'm just brainstorming.

Comment

• I feel sorry for everyone. This league shouldn't be subject to such drama and it takes away from a really exciting time.

I feel sorry for Matt who seems to be struggling as a human being.

I feel sorry for Joey, who has done nothing wrong to Matt to get dragged through this.

I feel sorry that I don't think I can support the idea of mcHappy ever returning to dynasty. This was never a dynasty issue, but he's dragged the league into it needlessly.

We have the Raptors hosting the allstar weekend. We have the trade deadline looming. We have the second best record in the conference. We have dynasty playoff battles for top and bottom seeds. We have an exciting rookie star on the horizon. We have the best place in the world to talk Raptors. This should be a great time of enjoyment for all. I'm sorry that it's not.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

when asked about owning 6 players featured in the rising stars game - GM of team koncept commented "the rebuilding process has been long but the patience and development is paying dividends with recently surging Devin Booker leading the group to a new era. Credit is due to the scouting department on taking a gamble with foreign talents that are often overlooked. Now if we can just get Bojan.."
                      What Team Axel lacked in quantity, it was made up in quality, as Team Axel sophomore Zach LaVine took home MVP honours with 30 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. The 20 year old used an array of powerful dunks and 3 pointers - demonstrating a game that has Team Axel considering him one of the franchise cornerstones moving forward.

Team Axel is hopeful that LaVine and CJ McCollum will soon be joining teammates Bosh, Aldridge, Love as perennial all star candidates.

Team Axel also is reported to be happy that both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love will enjoy some extra rest this weekend and will return healthy and stronger than ever as the team pushes towards the playoffs.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I feel sorry for everyone. This league shouldn't be subject to such drama and it takes away from a really exciting time.

I feel sorry for Matt who seems to be struggling as a human being.

I feel sorry for Joey, who has done nothing wrong to Matt to get dragged through this.

I feel sorry that I don't think I can support the idea of mcHappy ever returning to dynasty. This was never a dynasty issue, but he's dragged the league into it needlessly.

We have the Raptors hosting the allstar weekend. We have the trade deadline looming. We have the second best record in the conference. We have dynasty playoff battles for top and bottom seeds. We have an exciting rookie star on the horizon. We have the best place in the world to talk Raptors. This should be a great time of enjoyment for all. I'm sorry that it's not.
                        I disagree with nothing you have said

I lost my first fantasy league on Paul Henderson's goal in 1972. My friendships have gravitated towards and developed through these games. I wish the same from this league. Although quiet I do enjoy it tremendously.

If this situation arose in the leagues I play in, where the faces are known, I would not want to part ways.

I hate the drama. There is a limit to what can be tolerated. A tip of the cap to those who make the tough decisions.

It took courage to make those admissions.

Lineups are set I see no immediate need to do anything. We are a big part of this mans life.

I wish you well McHappy I hope you give me the opportunity to kick your ass in the playoffs

Comment

• I think Matt owes an apology to Joey and to the league. The way he's acting is unacceptable and it's a repeating pattern.

If he wants to be here he needs to meet us all half way. If we were all attacking each other every time something didn't meet our expectations then this place wouldn't be as popular and welcoming as it is. A big part of the culture is thanks to the mods who spend A LOT of time working behind the scenes to make sure this is a safe, welcoming environment for all parties. Mods typically get little thanks and a lot of shit tossed at them. Matt should understand this, he used to be a mod.

I wish him best whatever he decides.

Comment

• Appreciate people weighing in on this. As a mod and commissioner, my only concern is that members of the league, and board in general, are happy and comfortable with what we offer them here, so it sucks that you all got dragged into this mess, and for that I'll offer my apologies.

That being said, if managers of the league are in favour of waiting it out and perhaps giving mcHAPPY another shot, then I fully support that.

Hope everyone is enjoying their All Star Weekend! Its bloody cold out there!! Stay warm people!
                            Last edited by Joey; Sat Feb 13, 2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Zach LaVine and Team Axel have been in negotiations with Star Wars for the rights to the name "Skywalker" after LaVine's performance in the Dunk Contest. If the deal goes through, Team Skywalker may be forced to pay royalties to LaVine and Team Axel for use of the name.

Comment

• Raul Neto Miekenstien? Kudos to the scouting department .. Never even heard of the guy! Haha He seems to have had a few good games for Utah though. Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X