This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    It's really nice to know where all the rookies are playing. I mean I decided on #1 a while ago but now I think I have #5 locked in and a good idea what I'll do with the newly acquired #10. Risky draft but there are some hidden gems mixed in there.
    What did you decide? Simmons right? Ingram? Off script with Murray? Just be nice for a heads up, so I can plan my future out.

My second pick is the easiest decision I have this year. Pretty confident my 9 and 12 will be ok.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ha, ha I'll let you all know on August 1st.

Comment

• I have been subtly inserting that I would draft/not draft Simmons/Ingram first overall in the draft thread. Trying to get you to show your hand. I do expect the pick to be Simmons though, just because he is multi category money, possibly. But it could be Ingram if you like the 3ball. Just want it done.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Haha We'll see about the trip out west ...

As for amnesty; Hmmm ... would have to wait and see what team you inherit.. not sure what the Amnesty status is for those teams. Depends really. I don't think we've granted extra Amnesties to new managers in the past.
          Just my two cents: if the team used it's amnesty with past owners, that's how it should stay. New owners should not be afforded the opportunity to have another.

Can't wait for the draft! At least we have free agency to look forward to for the next two weeks or so.

Comment

• The best player is being drafted at 14 and then the top free agent will follow them. Gonna be a good offseason.

While an expansion draft sounds fun, it really wouldn't make much sense (unless we were legit expanding the league to add 2 more teams).
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              I have been subtly inserting that I would draft/not draft Simmons/Ingram first overall in the draft thread. Trying to get you to show your hand. I do expect the pick to be Simmons though, just because he is multi category money, possibly. But it could be Ingram if you like the 3ball. Just want it done.

You'll have to learn to live with the suspense for a while.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                The best player is being drafted at 14 and then the top free agent will follow them. Gonna be a good offseason.

While an expansion draft sounds fun, it really wouldn't make much sense (unless we were legit expanding the league to add 2 more teams).
                I don't think anyone meant a full expansion draft, just a two team expansion draft. Balance out those inherited teams so there isn't one guy stepping onto a championship team and another stepping into a far less happy situation, force both to the middle.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I don't think anyone meant a full expansion draft, just a two team expansion draft. Balance out those inherited teams so there isn't one guy stepping onto a championship team and another stepping into a far less happy situation, force both to the middle.
                  Although it would destroy the value of two of my picks I would accept this, if it were proposed. For parity's sake.

Comment

Yes, this is exactly what I suggested.

I'm good with whatever though. I just like talking fantasy sports. In fact I'm looking forward to having two new potential trading partners.

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    Although it would destroy the value of two of my picks I would accept this, if it were proposed. For parity's sake.

Ah, future picks.

Comment

• Welcome rookies
                      My two cents on expansion... I am not in favour of rookies walking into preferred situations left by previous owners.

I would prefer rooks do not get high end draft picks ...let alone championship teams.
                      Landing Towns last year was certainly significant for my club ...an opportunity as such should not be just handed to a newcomer.
                      There are 16 teams perhaps i will get another shot in 15 years

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                        Welcome rookies
                        My two cents on expansion... I am not in favour of rookies walking into preferred situations left by previous owners.

I would prefer rooks do not get high end draft picks ...let alone championship teams.
                        Landing Towns last year was certainly significant for my club ...an opportunity as such should not be just handed to a newcomer.
                        There are 16 teams perhaps i will get another shot in 15 years
                        I think in their case. One is either perennial contender and the other very much not that owes me its next two years picks.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          I think in their case. One is either perennial contender and the other very much not that owes me its next two years picks.

Good Point!

The most likely scenerio about changeover would be with bad teams changing hands. I have always had a concern about giving away top picks to newbies. Considering this pool allows for competition for high picks as well as the title, I would prefer a cap on rookies draft selections 9th being the highest pick they can obtain.

M's team I hope is a "one of" situation. Complicated to deal with. But worth discussing.

Edit:
                          Perhaps existing manager's should be given the opportunity or preference when a situation like this arises to swap their teams. (I would not be interested but..)

I am sure that logistics would present challenges ...but perhaps a draft and if u want in you put your whole team in.
                          With a team breakup, situation's like Miek's shoud be compensated for.
                          Last edited by jbml; Sat Jun 25, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I fully understood. It would be fun but these aren't really expansion teams as much as new GMs of existing teams.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                              Good Point!

The most likely scenerio about changeover would be with bad teams changing hands. I have always had a concern about giving away top picks to newbies. Considering this pool allows for competition for high picks as well as the title, I would prefer a cap on rookies draft selections 9th being the highest pick they can obtain.

M's team I hope is a "one of" situation. Complicated to deal with. But worth discussing.

Edit:
                              Perhaps existing manager's should be given the opportunity or preference when a situation like this arises to swap their teams. (I would not be interested but..)

I am sure that logistics would present challenges ...but perhaps a draft and if u want in you put your whole team in.
                              With a team breakup, situation's like Miek's shoud be compensated for.
                              I don't like the draft cap idea and I'm no doubt bias here but for example, I took over a miserably horrible team that only won one game. What incentive is it for me to walk into a situation like that when the only saving grace, being the lottery, is off limits to me?

I mean anyone who understands the game should know that taking over a team like that is a guaranteed repeated smack in the chops for a season or two at least even if they know what they're doing and their plans work out. To take away picks in this scenario doesn't seem fair or make the league enticing to join; the lottery pick is one of the top assets of a bad team no different than Russell Westbrook might be a top asset on a stacked team. So if it's not fair in one situation it shouldn't be viewed as fair in any situation. Also, the chances of a stacked vacant team having a high lotto pick are slim to none so this would only penalize bad teams; the poor getting poorer. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Simplest and fairest thing is to do nothing imo. You get the hand you're dealt.

I remember when I took over for Vykis. The team finished last place but I didn't get the team until after the draft, so I didn't even get the benefit of a real pick. It sucked but it was just the hand dealt. If anything, we may want to reconsider allowing future draft picks being traded (or at least scaling back by one year) to at least prevent a team from mortgaging so much of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X