Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative would be to just start the draft now and people post at the leisurely when their turn comes to draft like legacy league. lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Auction draft should take longer, it's more than 16 players and it's more non-stop action. A 1.5-2h event of watching people try to make trades through PM is not exactly must watch TV.

If everyone is prepared why even need 10 mins? You pretty much need to have rough trade framework in place before the event starts, just waiting to see who falls where before triggers are pulled. 10 mins is a long time, a lot longer than real NBA teams get to either pick or trade.
      I know my two guys right now and I have plan b and c ready to rock and roll. I'd imagine most people are like this so it shouldn't be too bad unless the trade talk is a big thing.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I know my two guys right now and I have plan b and c ready to rock and roll. I'd imagine most people are like this so it shouldn't be too bad unless the trade talk is a big thing.
        I think in this league you'll see every trade possibility milked pretty good.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think it's going to go very fast especially in the early lotto. I wouldn't mind 10 minutes in between for people to explore a few trades if they wanted. If people ARE in favour maybe try 10 minutes and then reduce it next year if its way too long?

I'm not even in the draft this year though but excited to see how the first live draft goes does.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            An alternative would be to just start the draft now and people post at the leisurely when their turn comes to draft like legacy league. lol
            I like this idea.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• RR NBA Dynasty League (S4)

Apollo wrote: View Post
              An alternative would be to just start the draft now and people post at the leisurely when their turn comes to draft like legacy league. lol
              While we would still wait for August and not start now, I also think this is a good option.

Only issue with this is people near the end of the ddraft would have a lot more time to consider things and maybe get more information.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                While we would still wait for August and not start now, I also think this is a good option.

Only issue with this is people near the end of the ddraft would have a lot more time to consider things and maybe get more information.
                This is true but personally, I pick first and fifth and I don't mind that advantage they may have with time. The way I look at it I have a much larger advantage due to positioning. Not to mention it's dynasty and it's a more long term focus. If it were redraft it would be huge.

Comment

• I really don't like the idea of a legacy type draft spanning days/weeks.

If a live draft can't be completed in a single evening/afternoon, then the status quo is significantly better imo.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I really don't like the idea of a legacy type draft spanning days/weeks.

If a live draft can't be completed in a single evening/afternoon, then the status quo is significantly better imo.
                    Well I don't think there's any way it takes weeks. No chance really. Using that style, we'd be looking at couple days max.

Its an option. We'll see what people prefer.

That said, I would still prefer a 5-10 minute window and we just hammer it out in an afternoon/evening, but doing it that way we would get a lot less participation.
                    By opening up over a couple of days, we almost guarantee people a chance to participate.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jul 9, 2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• I think 5 mins is more than sufficient if we have at least 10 of 16 owners on board.

Given the extra dates Joey provided, I would go with early August since I'll be at a cottage last week of July, not sure if they will have wifi.

Miek is in China, so I'd like to hear his opinion on the matter.

Apollo always has our football drafts early on a Sunday afternoon, which people generally make time for. I used to hate this timeslot, but I've become accustomed to it the last few years and I actually like it now.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of the current/old drafting system. So i would definitely would prefer change of some kind, be it the Legacy style draft , even though it may span days, or the live draft where we take 5-10 minutes per pick.

Any way we can make this 'live' is better than the old system IMO.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I think 5 mins is more than sufficient if we have at least 10 of 16 owners on board.

Given the extra dates Joey provided, I would go with early August since I'll be at a cottage last week of July, not sure if they will have wifi.

Apollo always has our football drafts early on a Sunday afternoon, which people generally make time for. I used to hate this timeslot, but I've become accustomed to it the last few years and I actually like it now.
                          In football that time(12 to 2 EST start time) is always picked because it sort of falls in the middle of everyone's expectations. Better to equally piss everyone off.

I'm up for whatever seems to work for the majority here. That's where my vote is.

I do like the Legacy format though just because there's only 16 picks here and it offers great flexibility but if most want the live draft I can make it work for me.

Comment

• Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I think 5 mins is more than sufficient if we have at least 10 of 16 owners on board.

i am good anytime. i am 12 hours ahead so 2-5 pm est time is difficult for me. anything else is fine

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                                That being said, I really don't think that it will take that long. Most people will be prepared ahead of time. Especially those first few picks.

i still can't choose for number 2. no idea who i am drafting there. so that pick will definitely need some on the fly adjustments

Comment

Working...
                                X