ESPN Ranks Three Year Outlooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Ranks Three Year Outlooks

Sorry, this isn't the actual results to this article. But I came across the preview and was wondering if anyone with ESPN Insider could post the raptors ranking in ESPN's three year outlook?

I'd be curious to know if we'd be ranked high considering we own a few picks and have cap space going forward

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...power-rankings
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

I don't have access.. but it seems we could get this data ourselves. This article links to this one here:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...y-market-draft

There are 5 rankings of different weights (players, management, money, market, and draft). Put all the rankings in a spread sheet, do a quick calculation and generate a ranking.

Here is how the Raptors rank in each category:

Players - 18
    Management - 11
    Money - 16
    Market - 23
    Draft - 4

The draft will bump them up.. but it's only worth 8.3% of the total grade, so really not by much. Just a quick guess, and I'd say they are at about 16-17 according to ESPN.

Comment

I have insider but my work comp blocks it, so I just checked on my phone quickly. We are at 16

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I don't have access.. but it seems we could get this data ourselves. This article links to this one here:
        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...y-market-draft

There are 5 rankings of different weights (players, management, money, market, and draft). Put all the rankings in a spread sheet, do a quick calculation and generate a ranking.

Here is how the Raptors rank in each category:

Players - 18
        Management - 11
        Money - 16
        Market - 23
        Draft - 4

The draft will bump them up.. but it's only worth 8.3% of the total grade, so really not by much. Just a quick guess, and I'd say they are at about 16-17 according to ESPN.
        Is that saying they ranked Toronto 23rd out of 30 for market?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          Is that saying they ranked Toronto 23rd out of 30 for market?
          Yeah.. once KD signs here, that number will go up

Comment

Toronto listed as 23rd best Market?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Toronto listed as 23rd best Market?
              Crazy. Someone told me recently that the GTA - alone - is now the 4th largest market in North America, behind only New York, L.A. and Mexico City. That's not including the Raps' opportunities in the rest of Canada.

Blindly subjective. Crazy.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Crazy. Someone told me recently that the GTA - alone - is now the 4th largest market in North America, behind only New York, L.A. and Mexico City. That's not including the Raps' opportunities in the rest of Canada.

Blue Jays drew 11M for the playoffs. More then 33% of the country. 11M Canadian viewers = a couple thousand $ at least to the NBA or an honorable mention on the blog

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

I think Chicago actually beats it as well, but still, I have to imagine they've included the subjective "desirability" score of the city as well. Which is hogwash. Hopefully the Blue Jays dispell that notion even more this summer by signing some big Free Agents.

Comment

I think Chicago actually beats it as well, but still, I have to imagine they've included the subjective "desirability" score of the city as well. Which is hogwash. Hopefully the Blue Jays dispell that notion even more this summer by signing some big Free Agents.
                    Looking around downtown "desirable" isn't the first word that comes to mind. "Homely" and "Rapey" are probably #1 and #2

Comment

Yeah, I asked the guy (smart, no-nonsense guy) about Chicago, too. But 23rd? "Hogwash" indeed. Facts is facts. Not something we have to worry about. Something they have to worry about.

Comment

Toronto is so hungry for a winner - the fans are fantastic when the team is good. Heck, in spite of the national past-time of bitching about Toronto sports and Toronto sports fans, the market has been very solid considering the lack of success over the past 20 years. A number of teams in all 4 major team sports would be at risk of folding if they went through some of the lean on court/ice/field product years that T.O. has. It was awesome to see the passion come out for the Jays run.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Chicago beat Toronto metro wise, it has 9 million in its metropolitan area. Toronto has only 5.5 million.

In terms of the city proper, Toronto is bigger than Chicago actually.

Just depends on how you look at it.

Comment

Working...
                          X