Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will have the best career from our "prospects"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will have the best career from our "prospects"?

I loved this question from National Post article.

"Who will have the best NBA career of the back five on the Raptors’ roster: Anthony Bennett, Bruno Caboclo, Lucas Nogueira, Norman Powell or Delon Wright?"

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/toronto-raptors-hope-off-season-moves-pay-off-what-to-make-of-kyle-lowrys-transformation-the-post-panel-previews-the-season

It's almost like we have a farm team. How many will become serviceable NBA players?

I still think that Bruno has the highest ceiling but Stormin Norman is mostly likely to be a contributor.
    Lucas Nogueira
    0.00%
    Bruno Caboclo
    31.03%
    Anthony Bennett
    27.59%
    Norman Powell
    34.48%
    Delon Wright
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

I feel like I can't answer this til I maybe at least see what these guys look like this year. None have really had a chance to do anything, even in the freakin D-League.

Comment

I guessed Delon Wright, but I truly have no freaking clue. All of those guys have the potential to be better than each other. Wright just seems like he's the best out of that group at the moment.

Comment

Yeah, it's too early to tell without seeing them in at least the D-League for some time.

I would say, based on what we have seen thus far, if I was to vote, I don't know who I'd go with (since best could mean longest career or highest peak).

I do think that Bruno probably has the highest ceiling of the bunch but I'd also say he also has the lowest floor.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

canadafubuki wrote: View Post
          I loved this question from National Post article.

"Who will have the best NBA career of the back five on the Raptors’ roster: Anthony Bennett, Bruno Caboclo, Lucas Nogueira, Norman Powell or Delon Wright?"

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/toronto-raptors-hope-off-season-moves-pay-off-what-to-make-of-kyle-lowrys-transformation-the-post-panel-previews-the-season

It's almost like we have a farm team. How many will become serviceable NBA players?

I still think that Bruno has the highest ceiling but Stormin Norman is mostly likely to be a contributor.
          Tough to answer since its still early. I'd say Bruno has the highest ceiling. And just a guess, but I'd say Bruno and Powell will have the best careers.

Comment

Bruno!!!!!

I love feel good, underdog stories!

Comment

Bruno has the highest ceiling. Wright/Powell are most likely to have multi-year careers as bench players.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bruno has has the most potential physically.

Bebe could turn into Gobert over night.

AB just needs confidence and could become a legit stretch 4 in the league.

Delon has the IQ to just play the game for a long time (like Andre Miller)

Stormin Norman has that drive can separate anyone from the pack.

Very tough choice.. I'll have to go with Bruno though. Once he figures things out mentally (and I've seen a big change already from last season to this season) he could end up being a top 100 player in the league.

Comment

Bebe is the highest pick of the four and could be a late bloomer. MU must have seen something to take Lou and give up Salmon's cap spce

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Bebe is the highest pick of the four and could be a late bloomer. MU must have seen something to take Lou and give up Salmon's cap spce
                    Higher than nuber 1?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Bennett was the First Overall Pick in the same draft that Bebe was picked in (I only just now noticed this).

Also something that I've just noticed; we had zero picks in the 2013 draft but have since managed to pick up 2 lottery picked players from that draft. Good on Masai.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Do we have any prospects?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Bennett was the First Overall Pick in the same draft that Bebe was picked in (I only just now noticed this).

Also something that I've just noticed; we had zero picks in the 2013 draft but have since managed to pick up 2 lottery picked players from that draft. Good on Masai.
                          Didn't think Bennet was included but he has the highest upside. 2013 was a really crappy draft

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Do we have any prospects?
                            I'm talking about NBA caliber. I know we have a lot of DLeaguer type of prospects.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              I'm talking about NBA caliber. I know we have a lot of DLeaguer type of prospects.
                              Don't take this the wrong way but do you even like the Raptors?

Because your comment here didn't even have anything even remotely relating to the subject and was just a roundabout way to say that they all suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X