Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamon Stone at Maryland looks real good.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Porzingis withdrew his name from 2014 draft.

In the end it all worked out the same when comparing the 2.

I think the difference is Porzingis will play as many minutes as possible whereas Casey emphasized the importance of vets.
      Casey would have pulled Porzingis the first time he missed a pullup jumper. The Knicks are letting him play through mistakes and he's growing in confidence game to game. Meanwhile JV is still not back to that level of exuberance we saw in his rookie year.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Casey would have pulled Porzingis the first time he missed a pullup jumper. The Knicks are letting him play through mistakes and he's growing in confidence game to game. Meanwhile JV is still not back to that level of exuberance we saw in his rookie year.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          baby sabonis is looking ok
          Yep, we don't lack in these ok talents, I guess we might have some 6-10 people who could be backups for some NBA team. And we tend to have that much all the time, so overall the national team stays decent. It's just those super freakish talents that we can't seem to produce anymore, like Porzingis seems to be.

Comment

• After a pretty good start to the season it is nice to see Denver with a 3 game skid. New York on the other hand is working on a 4 game win streak, I need them to hit a bump in the road. The good think is that many teams in the East are off to decent starts and that things should get a little more tough for the Knicks.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I seen to remember some people saying that nyk has as good a chance making the playoffs as missing and that the pick has as good a chance being outside the top 10 than in it.....

There is a legit chance our own pick is better than the nyk one
              Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good loss by the Knicks tonight, that's more like it!

Thanks Masai.

Comment

• Think Porzingis is really 7'3? I'm not sure I buy that. 7'1.5" in socks maybe?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Think Porzingis is really 7'3? I'm not sure I buy that. 7'1.5" in socks maybe?
                    Oh he's definitely at least 7'3" did you see how he towered over JV and Robin Lopez during our game vs the Knicks?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      I seen to remember some people saying that nyk has as good a chance making the playoffs as missing and that the pick has as good a chance being outside the top 10 than in it.....

There is a legit chance our own pick is better than the nyk one
                      Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                      Whats a "legit chance"? 1%, 5%, 10%, 50% ?

There was an insider story on next years traded picks and most simulations had the pick at 10 or 11. Here is the quote.

There's still a chance this isn't a lottery pick, with New York off to a solid 6-6 start. But BPI gives just a 14.2 percent chance of New York or Denver (or both) making the playoffs, so it's more likely the Raptors will be getting a top-10 pick (a 44 percent chance). The average value is somewhere between the 10th and 11th choices.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Whats a "legit chance"? 1%, 5%, 10%, 50% ?

There was an insider story on next years traded picks and most simulations had the pick at 10 or 11. Here is the quote.
                        easy 50%.

Comment

• pretty sure the knicks are gonna get that 7th or 8th seed guys. don't get too excited.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            pretty sure the knicks are gonna get that 7th or 8th seed guys. don't get too excited.
                            Orlando, Detroit, Miami, Indiana. Nothing is going to come easy for the Knicks.

Comment

pretty sure the knicks are gonna get that 7th or 8th seed guys. don't get too excited.
                              We'll see what happens with Melo's health. That was always going to be what defines their season. They're not a good enough team to be that competitive without him.

Comment

Who do they knock off?

That's what I find hard to find. 5 of last year's 8 teams are pretty much locks to make the playoffs (assuming no major injuries): Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, Washington. That leaves 3 spots open. At this point, two out of those three spots look to be locked for Miami and Indiana. That leaves one spot open right now and I don't think I would put New York ahead of Boston, Milwaukee, Detroit and maybe Orlando or even Charlotte for that last spot. I retract the Charlotte one (even if they have a nice record right now).

Huh, just realized how strong the East looks this year. Good.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X