Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Love using this site in the morning:

http://www.tankathon.com/

Knicks at 11th.. Need Orlando and Sacramento to win some games, pushing the Knicks to 9th. I'd be happy with the 9th pick. The 9th pick is how Cleveland ended up with Irving.
    Not to correct for the sake of correcting but that can't happen to us. We get the lesser pick after the draft. If either the NY or Denver pick hits the lottery and moves up to number 1, Denver gets that pick and we get the other one. The dream scenario is that the two picks jump to 1&2 (or 1&3, 2&3)respectively. This would mean hitting lottery twice which is less than not likely. In fact, in the middle ground. it might be better for neither pick to hit the top three as any pick that jumps the queue would drop our resulting pick one spot back.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Not to correct for the sake of correcting but that can't happen to us. We get the lesser pick after the draft. If either the NY or Denver pick hits the lottery and moves up to number 1, Denver gets that pick and we get the other one. The dream scenario is that the two picks jump to 1&2 (or 1&3, 2&3)respectively. This would mean hitting lottery twice which is less than not likely. In fact, in the middle ground. it might be better for neither pick to hit the top three as any pick that jumps the queue would drop our resulting pick one spot back.
      Yeah I know.. That would be so awesome if that happened.

Comment

I think the best-case, somewhat realistic scenario, would be for the lower pick to move up. For instance, if Denver is seeded 6th and NY 9th, and the NY pick moves up to say #3, then the Raptors would pick @ #7. That would essentially move the Raptors' pick up 2 spots from where it started.

Comment

Not to correct for the sake of correcting but that can't happen to us. We get the lesser pick after the draft. .
          Not to correct for the sake of correcting, but it's not after the draft, it's after the lottery
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            How does Dolan go to sleep at night?

Missing out on a 2-time allstar because of an unwillingness to trade Iman freakin' Shumpert is icing on the cake.
            Then Iman, if healthy, goes to the Cavs and helps Lebron take a dump on the Knicks for the next 2 years

Comment

• 9th pick on Draftexpress is Jamal Murray right now. We're going to get a very good player if the pick falls in the 6-12 range, which seems very likely.

Comment

Using that site; I've had it happen ONCE.

I am now convinced that it can happen and will be disappointed if it doesn't.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

I've gotten Denver the #1 pick, and the NY pick to #3 (while Toronto gets #7). Never gotten Toronto in the top 3.

I should keep playing....

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

I got Denver #1 and NYK #2 on literally my fifth try this morning. I will thus never use the site again and just let myself imagine that the odds of that scenario happening is around 1-in-5.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I've gotten Denver the #1 pick, and the NY pick to #3 (while Toronto gets #7). Never gotten Toronto in the top 3.

I should keep playing....
                      How many batteries have you gone through on your wireless mouse?

Comment

• Melo OUT vs Grizz

Sore Vagi.....er....knee.

Sore Knee, that's it.

Comment

• Knicks will also be without Lance Thomas tonight. Not as significant a loss as Melo, but the two out together limit their wing options for tonight.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Looks like Melo's starting to quit on the knicks. This is good... this is very good.

Now we just need Denver to trade away Gallo+Faried+... for Blake who can't play until April and #2 pick here we come

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Looks like Melo's starting to quit on the knicks. This is good... this is very good.

Now we just need Denver to trade away Gallo+Faried+... for Blake who can't play until April and #2 pick here we come
                              Doc is a bad GM but... LOL, you'd have to drown him in rum to get him to do that

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Melo OUT vs Grizz

Sore Vagi.....er....knee.

Sore Knee, that's it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

Comment

Working...
                                X