Game #3: Toronto Raptors 106 - Milwaukee Bucks 87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    What happened to the Bucks defence though?

They were one of the best defensive teams last year.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      True but he did embody a lot of what was wrong with last year's team: lack of ball movement, terrible shot selection, horrendous perimeter defence - all without conscience.
      I think most of the dislike will be directed towards Lou Williams when he returns, rather than Vasquez. Vasquez was part of the 2013-2014 team that got a lot of love. It wasn't until Lou arrived that everything took a significant nose dive.

I'd also like to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful evening of celebrating the Great Pumpkin.
      OG is our king

Comment

All Right we need another Big game from Terrence Ross aka Silk Road.

Him and Demar Must Do Dat Dere From the SG Position.

Big Valanciunas aka Tha Instigator, must continue to command them rebounds. Still Can't Believe How Valy is dominating the Boards, He was inside foul trouble last game, yet still grabbed 12 boards.

The Team

Will need Them 3 Brothas to do dat dere, wit no fear, attack de rim and The Raptors Will Win...

Ah dat Me Say

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I think the Bucks are going to miss the playoffs (and I've thought so all summer).

That said, with their long defenders, this will be a good test if our offence can be varied enough in the event that DD struggles to get to the line. Alternatively, a good test of whether DD can keep up his early performance against longer defenders (and what was an elite defence last year).

Let's go 3-0 boys!
          It depends on how well Jabari Plays when he gets back. As you say, their long defenders will hold down that end pretty well, and if he comes out strong they could easily make the playoffs. They do need scoring though, without Knight.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            It depends on how well Jabari Plays when he gets back. As you say, their long defenders will hold down that end pretty well, and if he comes out strong they could easily make the playoffs. They do need scoring though, without Knight.
            Regarding D, Bucks play an aggressive trapping D which gives up a ton of threes. Whether Kidd adjusts this or not remains to be seen. In other words, with a team full of really long guys that can hedge and recover, scrambling is complete garbage in an NBA that uses pace and space. ISO however..

Comment

Greg Monroe offers little to no rim protection.

Also you should read Bucks' fans comments about Greivis. Black, black humor. It reminds me of how Knicks fans eventually talked about Bargnani except it only took the Bucks fans a few games to come to terms with reality. Knicks fans were talking shit to me about how great Bargnani could/would/should be several months into the season.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Greg Monroe offers little to no rim protection.

Also you should read Bucks' fans comments about Greivis. Black, black humor. It reminds me of how Knicks fans eventually talked about Bargnani except it only took the Bucks fans a few games to come to terms with reality. Knicks fans were talking shit to me about how great Bargnani could/would/should be several months into the season.
                GV offers outside shooting and "was" a good assist man. Bucks need shooting desperately

Comment

JV should have a good game. He always seems to play well against other Centers that are less athletic than him or just as athletic as him.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

3-0! Let's gooooo!
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

GV is going to have a big night tonight. Ex-Raptor players seems to always have a big night vs the Raptors.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

3 and 0.

Comment

You can bet Bucks are coming out fired up.

Haven't won yet and Kidd called them out to media.

Going to be a tough game for Raptors.

MCW length could disrupt Lowry.
                          Middleton/'Po could disrupt DD.

Hopefully team ball prevails over hero ball.

Want 'Po to go off (Dynasty!) but Raps get the win!

Comment

Milwaukee at least on paper is definitely a playoff team in the East again this year. The question is Miami or Detroit going to be the new playoff team, I don't think Boston makes a return trip.

So, when Casey gets the all time franchise record for wins as coach, after tonight how mad will you guys be? Also, this Raptors team is still not a very good team, it's the worst team in the last 3 years but they still will win the East.

Edit: I am not sold on Atlanta, sans Carroll making the playoffs again. At the very least they aren't much better than their 2013-2014 team without Horford.
                            Last edited by Raptorsss; Sun Nov 1, 2015, 04:07 PM.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

In trying to address their lack of offense they've brought in a couple of guys who suck at defense (GV and Monroe). Kind of runs counter to the identity of the team. You can hide a poorly defending guard, but it's hard to hide a C.

Also, they never were quite as good after the MCW trade. They were 30-23 with Brandon Knight and 11-18 after they traded him for MCW last year.
                              Last edited by S.R.; Sun Nov 1, 2015, 04:14 PM.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                GV offers outside shooting and "was" a good assist man. Bucks need shooting desperately
                                Nobody cares about that if you can't defend a 70-year-old grandmother.

Comment

Working...
                                X