The 2015/16 Raptors Power Rankings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staggering success

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
      Not precisely a power rating, but from Zach Lowe's weekly column, the Raps get checked in his 10 Things I Like And Don't Like About The NBA list:
      Maybe this belongs on one of the Casey threads (along with Blake Murphy's RR piece about our bench's usefulness).

Comment

They're still the class of the East but the Cavs may be imploding. They won last night but it was a three point game in the dying seconds against one of the worst teams in the league (wolves). I had read before that the Kyrie was more in the Blatt camp and Lebron was (obviously) in the Lue camp. Now Lue tells Irving and Love to focus less on their "brand" and defer to Lebron. I'd watch for Irving to move at the deadline. Lebron has never needed a point guard. Hopefully it's not to the Knicks.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....rt_river_index

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          They're still the class of the East but the Cavs may be imploding. They won last night but it was a three point game in the dying seconds against one of the worst teams in the league (wolves). I had read before that the Kyrie was more in the Blatt camp and Lebron was (obviously) in the Lue camp. Now Lue tells Irving and Love to focus less on their "brand" and defer to Lebron. I'd watch for Irving to move at the deadline. Lebron has never needed a point guard. Hopefully it's not to the Knicks.

It will all be fine if they win and everyone will be good little soldiers and only bitch privately to friends, etc. But if they don't win this year there will be changes.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            Oh come on! ... Not 5 bucks? Against the Clippers?
            lol, they have matched up well with the Clippers. My concern would be Chris Paul flipping a playoff switch and the Clippers I saw beat the Spurs in 7 games last year. That was an incredible series.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Not precisely a power rating, but from Zach Lowe's weekly column, the Raps get checked in his 10 Things I Like And Don't Like About The NBA list:
              It sucks because JJ is so useful, and had been a good soldier, but we all know he's relegated to dnp/less than 10 mp once Carroll is back.

Definitely leaning on the side of "consolidating assets" at the deadline. We're almost too deep when healthy, time to get more top heavy.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I like JJ, but if Carroll comes back healthy and Ross continues to play well, the fact that there won't be many minutes for him will be a positive. It was frustrating in the past when they needed perimeter defense and he wasn't getting any minutes, but that isn't the case if Carroll and Ross are on their games.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  It sucks because JJ is so useful, and had been a good soldier, but we all know he's relegated to dnp/less than 10 mp once Carroll is back.

Definitely leaning on the side of "consolidating assets" at the deadline. We're almost too deep when healthy, time to get more top heavy.
                  That should happen in the offseason anyway, with Biyombo (player option), Scola, JJ and Bennett all likely leaving as free agents. Aside from JJ, most of the depth is prospects that shouldn't see the court come playoff time (Bebe, Bruno, Powell, Wright, Bennett).

Comment

we will likely resign Bennett for another min deal and open up some PT for him
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

ESPN the other day was saying that Cleveland should trade Irving to LAC for Chris Paul. Since Cleveland is in win now, that works perfectly for them. With LAC they can retool around Irving and Griffin.

I don't think it happens.. but I'd hate to play the Cavs with Paul and Lebron on the same team.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        ESPN the other day was saying that Cleveland should trade Irving to LAC for Chris Paul. Since Cleveland is in win now, that works perfectly for them. With LAC they can retool around Irving and Griffin.

I don't think it happens.. but I'd hate to play the Cavs with Paul and Lebron on the same team.
                        That trade would make the cavs way way better..it actually works for both sides, cause imo the Clippers championship window with Paul/griffin/Jordan has all but closed.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          we will likely resign Bennett for another min deal and open up some PT for him
                          Hasn't Masai pretty much outright said this back when they signed Bennett?
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Keeping one of Lowry and DeRozan on the floor at all times. Why'd it take Casey 3 years to figure this out?

Comment

Demar, Lou and Greivis? Really?

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                Demar, Lou and Greivis? Really?
                                "Casey is running Kyle and Demar into the ground"
                                "It took Casey forever to realize one of Kyle or Demar need to be playing at all times"

If Casey walked on water, RR would say it's probably because he's an idiot that can't swim

Comment

Working...
                                X