No announcement yet.

The World Soccer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just checking into these numbers a little earlier this evening. The number of deaths is astounding... and for what? A few bloody stadiums so the rest of the world will think this country is on the up-&-up. Give me a break...

A quick search led me to this article:http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...eath-toll-doha

An those are just numbers of Nepalese migrant workers, and it's dated 6 months ago.

I have absolutely no idea how this is allowed to continue... no culpability for anyone at all it seems. The show must go on!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...fa-corruption/
    Last edited by Mack North; Wed May 27, 2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      I was just checking into these numbers a little earlier this evening. The number of deaths is astounding... and for what? A few bloody stadiums so the rest of the world will think this country is on the up-&-up. Give me a break...

A quick search led me to this article:http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...eath-toll-doha

An those are just numbers of Nepalese migrant workers, and it's dated 6 months ago.

I have absolutely no idea how this is allowed to continue... no culpability for anyone at all it seems. The show must go on!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...fa-corruption/
      It's not 50s anymore and they ain't building a fucking space ship out there. This is so messed up. If FIFA really took bribes from Qatar then they should be held accountable for manslaughters!!

Just read that Qatar's World Cup 2022 will cost 62 DEAD WORKERS PER GAME. I just.. unbelievable.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        It's not 50s anymore and they ain't building a fucking space ship out there. This is so messed up. If FIFA really took bribes from Qatar then they should be held accountable for manslaughters!!

Just read that Qatar's World Cup 2022 will cost 62 DEAD WORKERS PER GAME. I just.. unbelievable.
        That is just sick. They have a lot of migrant workers from Asia....and no rules I would think. The US also maintains a very large base there controlling their entire mid-east air ops...among other things I am sure. No rocking the boat with the Qataris then? Re ole Sepp, I think there'll be a rope-a-dope of him eventually when his already indicted cohorts start singing to lower their sentences. People like him typically have the paper/commun. trail stop just below him for deniability.

Comment

• This thing is getting really huge. HSBC, Barclays, Citigroup, JPMorgan(!), UBS named as banks handling dirty FIFAs money. Can't say I'm surprised tbh. It's not the first time you hear this shit about these banks. Multiple money-laundering investigations.

Also, UK's serious office opened an investigation into England's largest banks. ( this is interesting, they usually go hard on the banks. Real hard. )

And this Qatar thing.. I'm so upset. Sponsorships, politicians got to show some leadership... Sponsorships should be taking some heat for Qatar's deaths and slavery.. NO SPORTING EVENT IS WORTH 4000+ DEATHS!!! ( U.S. & West allies lost less soldiers during the 14 year war in Afghanistan. ) Ugh... Just tear down this poisonous FIFA and start over.

Comment

• The sponsors like Coca-Cola, Visa and McDonalds will make their little whispers about pulling out, but in the end, they want to be part of soccer and won't do a damn thing.

Comment

The sponsors like Coca-Cola, Visa and McDonalds will make their little whispers about pulling out, but in the end, they want to be part of soccer and won't do a damn thing.

Ya.. I hope it's different cuz of the FBI arrests. If this shit keeps on going, I wouldn't be surprised if major federations decide to boycott FIFA. Yup yup, everyone loves money, but there wasn't a better time to say enough is enough, we'll take it from here.
              Last edited by rocwell; Thu May 28, 2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for FIFA, this happens:
                https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2...s?sf38362541=1

Nice way to try to divide the attention, FIFA! Letting women into video games... ppppffffffff

*I joke I joke, I kid I kid*

Comment

• Comment

• Are you kidding me? 2022 Qatar organisers just said that their bid was conducted with integrity and the highest ethical standards. So how would they explain so many deaths then? I never knew that slavery is part of "highest ethical standard".

Comment

• This is only going to get worse by the day, when all the stories start trickling out. I heard on PTS yesterday that one of the dudes sent to jail in Trinidad wanted to snitch... he left jail in an ambulance they said.

Comment

This is only going to get worse by the day, when all the stories start trickling out. I heard on PTS yesterday that one of the dudes sent to jail in Trinidad wanted to snitch... he left jail in an ambulance they said.
                        I think you're talking about former VP Jack Warner. Apparently, he was freed from prison and admitted to hospital with exhaustion... just one thing.. he doesn't really look exhausted judging from these pictures taken couple hours later:

Comment

• He looks pretty tired to me, man! haha I guess the early reports were incorrect... I didn't bother checking into it.

Comment

He looks pretty tired to me, man! haha I guess the early reports were incorrect... I didn't bother checking into it.
                            Well, according media reports, he spent whole night partying..

Comment

• so.. Prince Ali just withdrew from the FIFA election. Blatter re-elected.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                so.. Prince Ali just withdrew from the FIFA election. Blatter re-elected.
                                Whats up with that? Ali was his only competition .. he was basically a shoe in after everything that went down ... Couldn't possibly have bribed Ali in the midst of all these Bribe allegations ... could he?! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X