The World Soccer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    TFC showed some big cajones playing in such hostile territory and fresh off a lacklusture loss in KC. Kudos to them! Here's to watching TFC games at SkyDome. Onward!
    Really? I kind of like the atmosphere at BMO Field. I think playing at Skydome would lose that international soccer feel.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Really? I kind of like the atmosphere at BMO Field. I think playing at Skydome would lose that international soccer feel.
      If the team goes onto place top-2 in their group, it's likely that they'll play soccer into December/January and I'm not sure if they're gonna play at BMO.

Comment

If the team goes onto place top-2 in their group, it's likely that they'll play soccer into December/January and I'm not sure if they're gonna play at BMO.
        Ahhh ... OK, I get ya. Does make sense then.

Comment

I believe they'd stick it out at BMO even in the cold, they have no affiliation with Rogers Centre as far as I know. I've seen games in Europe where they're playing in snow and it's usually only a bit below zero by then anyhow... then again they are soccer players!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            I went to my first game last week vs. Dallas FC in the pissing rain and I had a blast! I've got tickets to see NY on the 21st as well.
            I'll have my Irish flag draped over my back booing the shit outta Thierry Henry if he makes it to that one!
            Yeah I went to the Nutralite Canadian championship game awhile back...despite the steady rain and lackluster performance by both teams it was awesome! And imma try to make it to see the Red Bulls game as well, should be a good one.

TFC showed some big cajones playing in such hostile territory and fresh off a lacklusture loss in KC. Kudos to them! Here's to watching TFC games at SkyDome. Onward!
            We're in the CL! What a game!!!! To come back twice from being down 1-0 and 2-1! Definitely a hard fought and deserved win. Arguably the biggest win in TFC's short history.

And man am I lovin' Maicon's ability to set up his man and create plays!

For those who missed it here's a couple of links to highlights:

TFC on demand Game in 6 link: (better quality)

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...atid=2&id=2198

Comment

Mo johnstom finally fired!!!!

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows the team but Mo and Preki got the boot the other day. About damn time if you ask me. With Saturdays' home loss to the lowly United, the Reds' chances of making the playoffs are slim to none.

And yesterday's Champions League loss to Salt lake was just painful.

Comment

The last second win in Houston and the tie versus Cruz Azul could be the tonic this team needs to turn the season around.

Comment

With yesterday's home loss to San Jose-who was ahead of us for the last wildcard spot in the playoffs-are hopes for the season are all but dead.

There's gonna be a bitter taste in my mouth when the MLS Cup is played @ BMO field and we didn't even manag to make the playoffs.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                    With yesterday's home loss to San Jose-who was ahead of us for the last wildcard spot in the playoffs-are hopes for the season are all but dead.

There's gonna be a bitter taste in my mouth when the MLS Cup is played @ BMO field and we didn't even manag to make the playoffs.
                    It wouldn't be a bitter taste in my mouth. This team is inconsistent. They're not ready. It would be best that they focus on going far in the Champions League now.

Comment

So who here is still following the EPL?

Some great games as of late. Can't say so for my Blues though. Christ, Chelsea has shit the bed fast ever since letting go their assistant Ray Wilkins at the start of November. Talk about a team that is lost and going nowhere fast.

Comment

Chelsea's slumping, but you know Abromovic is gonna bring in some talent at the transfer window in January. Every team has their ups and downs throughout the season.

Comment

The big story around Toronto is DeRosario going to Celtic to try out even though neither the player or team had consent from Toronto FC. Methinks that this is the end for DeRo in Toronto.

Comment

Chelsea's slumping, but you know Abromovic is gonna bring in some talent at the transfer window in January. Every team has their ups and downs throughout the season.
                            Ya, rumour has Ancelotti wants to go after Bolton defender Cahill especially if Alex is out another couple months with his knee. God knows we need defence because Terry is just a shell of his former self and Cole has also been a huge disappointment this season. Defensively the only person I've been happy with on Chelsea's back line is Ivanovic.

Sturridge wants out and wants to transfer to Liverpool which is sad because I really wish Carlo would of given him more of a chance instead of playing the overrated and past his prime Drogba. Ugh.

Anyhow, Abramovich has given Ancelotti the green light to spend come January 1st, so it will be interesting to see if anything happens at all.

On a side note, heard another rumour that Kaka has expressed interest in playing in the EPL next season specifically with the Blues. For the right price I'd love to see him at Stamford Bridge, but who knows if he'll be the same player after his injury.

Comment

The big story around Toronto is DeRosario going to Celtic to try out even though neither the player or team had consent from Toronto FC. Methinks that this is the end for DeRo in Toronto.
                              I know. I was shocked like everyone else was when they reported that he was practicing in Scotland with the Celtic. It's a shame because he was really the only significant bright spot on the FC roster. That being said, he is 32 now and likely his best years will now be behind him.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                                Ya, rumour has Ancelotti wants to go after Bolton defender Cahill especially if Alex is out another couple months with his knee. God knows we need defence because Terry is just a shell of his former self and Cole has also been a huge disappointment this season. Defensively the only person I've been happy with on Chelsea's back line is Ivanovic.

Sturridge wants out and wants to transfer to Liverpool which is sad because I really wish Carlo would of given him more of a chance instead of playing the overrated and past his prime Drogba. Ugh.

Anyhow, Abramovich has given Ancelotti the green light to spend come January 1st, so it will be interesting to see if anything happens at all.

On a side note, heard another rumour that Kaka has expressed interest in playing in the EPL next season specifically with the Blues. For the right price I'd love to see him at Stamford Bridge, but who knows if he'll be the same player after his injury.
                                Terry hasn't been the same player since the UEFA finals a couple of years ago, Cole was a part of that scandal, but the Blues still have world class players. In the end with all the fluxes, Chelsea will be right there.

As for Kaka, I'd stay away from the guy. He hasn't been the same since he left AC Milan. He'd be better playing in the La Liga or Serie A. EPL is too physical for a guy like him who's made out of glass.

Comment

Working...
                                X