• Yes

7 53.85%
  • No

6 46.15%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The World Soccer Thread

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The fan base in Canada for italian soccer is pretty annoying. They do not annoy me for arrogance though. They annoy me because they only come out of the woodworks every 2-4 years (only for big tourneys) and generally dont even like soccer that much.

But, being an Italian citizen, and having lived in Rome, I can tell you that there is a sense of honour in regards to soccer that can match any country. While Italian fans (in Italy) are annoying after a win (understatement lol), how can you hold it against us when Italy have been given this role as the perennial under dogs? In 2006, no one expected them to beat Germany. 2012, no one expected them to beat Germany. There is this chip on the teams shoulder, like they always have something to prove, which is strange because the true Italians hold them to this high standard. I think this is the reason for the arrogance, and if that is the case, I see nothing wrong with it.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    While Italian fans (in Italy) are annoying after a win (understatement lol), how can you hold it against us when Italy have been given this role as the perennial under dogs?
    under dogs is pushing it. less favored, yes. but i'd be hard pressed to remember a time they weren't considered top 3 or 4 team in the world. just because you're less of a favourite, doesn't mean you're not still one of the favourites

the problem isn't the perception of the italian team... everybody knows they're top notch.. it's the perception of germany (and spain) as football gods that is the problem

that being said, i'm supporting Spain in the final... not because they're a god-like team or anything... with england out, i defer to teams with my favourite players... and Xabi Alonso is a legend of the Kop

Thread Information