Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your opinion of Masai Ujiri changed lately ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question, shouldn't we trade for Nerlens Noel. His value isnt that high right now and the 76ers love picks and we have a potential lottery pick. We could package the NY/DEN 1st round and Patrick Patterson.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
      Quick question, shouldn't we trade for Nerlens Noel. His value isnt that high right now and the 76ers love picks and we have a potential lottery pick. We could package the NY/DEN 1st round and Patrick Patterson.
      I hope Masai doesn't hear you

Comment

Quick question, shouldn't we trade for Nerlens Noel. His value isnt that high right now and the 76ers love picks and we have a potential lottery pick. We could package the NY/DEN 1st round and Patrick Patterson.
        The reason noels value is down tho is that he is playing with okafor so much. I think if he comes here, we end up picking between noel and jv. I would do that trade if it was presented to me, but im not sure our frontcourt could coexist well.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          The reason noels value is down tho is that he is playing with okafor so much. I think if he comes here, we end up picking between noel and jv. I would do that trade if it was presented to me, but im not sure our frontcourt could coexist well.
          It's quite clear they would not coexist.

If Okafor and Noel cant play together why would JV and Noel work?
          Last edited by MACK11; Sat Nov 28, 2015, 04:35 PM.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• If you want to get anyone from Philly then Covington would be my guy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              So MLSE was willing to fire Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano after regular season slow starts but, wont fire a guy after being embarrassed on the National stage? Make that international stage.

Did Sam Mitchell and Triano have any years left on their contract when they were fired? Serious question

I don't know why its so hard to believe that Casey might actually be Masai's guy.
              I agree. MU's actions say that DC is his guy.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Noels value is down due to his injuries he has been facing throughout this year, He cant go a week or 2 without having some sort of injury. When Noel was healthy he look really good beside Okafor averaging near a double double this season. Id take the risk and make a deal for Noel, he is also a high potential guy.

Comment

Noels value is down due to his injuries he has been facing throughout this year, He cant go a week or 2 without having some sort of injury. When Noel was healthy he look really good beside Okafor averaging near a double double this season. Id take the risk and make a deal for Noel, he is also a high potential guy.
                  Nope, Noel has been horrible with Okafor. I have no idea why you think he's playing well beside him.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Nope, Noel has been horrible with Okafor. I have no idea why you think he's playing well beside him.
                    I think he's playing well beside him because he is putting up really good number (when 100% healthy). 18-12 vs Cleveland 12-12 vs Dallas and averages near a double double 10-8 . like i said he plays well with Okafor just needs to stay healthy and youll see those rebound go up to 12 or 13.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      First off, What actions? Not firing him after last year? He hasn't really met anyones expectations, considering the roster presented.

Unless a coach is a great coach (i.e. top 5) they should not be your guy. Anyone else is a means to an end.

Comment

• People make mistakes, especially 11 M per year mistakes

Comment

Nerlens Noel has no chance of being a superstar in this league.

There is an outside chance of us drafting a superstar with the NY/DEN pick (or maybe later using it in a package to trade for 1).

Nothing is going to elevate this team from ~50 wins/1st-2nd round exits other than the acquisition of a superstar player. So no, not interested in that deal.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            I disagree. I think MU's actions merely indicate that he has no interest in moving on from DC unless it's for an elite head coach.Improvements within the margins aren't going to make a difference. Exchanging Casey (slightly below average HC) for an average or above average one isn't going to make a big difference for this team. You need the best of the best.

MU did look into acquiring Thibodeau. Idk why this isn't pointed out more but:

A year ago, Ujiri was also not decided on whether he would keep coach Dwane Casey. Like others around the league, his attention wandered to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, who was busily making himself persona non grata in Chicago.

The Raptors went so far as to do a deep background check on Thibodeau, trying to determine if he’d fit into the people-first culture they’re trying to create. He didn’t. Others may have arrived at the same conclusion: Despite all his success, Thibodeau is still out of work.
                            http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle25082747/

He's obviously considered the idea of replacing Casey if he went to that extent. And I think if he does find "his guy" he will promptly replace Dwane with him. For now Casey is O.K.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Nerlens Noel has no chance of being a superstar in this league.

There is an outside chance of us drafting a superstar with the NY/DEN pick (or maybe later using it in a package to trade for 1).

Nothing is going to elevate this team from ~50 wins/1st-2nd round exits other than the acquisition of a superstar player. So no, not interested in that deal.
                              I would say that although Noel doesn't appear to be an offensive force anytime soon, he could be the foundation of a championship level defense. Thats where his value lies. To be top 10 in both steals per game and blocks per game as a rookie is pretty impressive. I would give up the knicks pick for him in a heartbeat, possibly even more for him.

To me it comes down to how you want to build your team, with regards to JV or Noel.

Comment

• It has after the extension he gave to Ross.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X