Paris Terror Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Wow, Politico, Mother Jones and NY Times all writing hit pieces on Ted Cruz, go figure.

I'm not going to argue his merit based on out of context quotes from liberal/progressive articles.

Cruz stands for individual freedom, limited government and the constitution. That's all I need to know. Anyone that wants to control every aspect of someone else's life and every aspect of the economy is no good for me.

Free market capitalism baby! Let her loose and watch prosperity grow for everyone.
    I get it now...when in doubt do not refute the evidence (which are in quotes).and the messegers.

Speaking of freedom...keeping pols on their toes so they cant get away with a bamboozle is the object of the reporting. If you have an issue with the accuracy or context I am sure you would have made mention.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      Nope, it was completely intentional. An old man yelling at clouds and Bill Clinton's wife. Hey, the Dem establishment wanted the Clinton coronation, blame them for the worst Democratic presidential nominee since Michael Dukakis.
      Thank you for being honest.

Dont suppose you were disturbed on either the age or education front when Ronald Reagan was elected now were you?

You do know that it wasnt the "thousand points of light" rhetoric which spawned the Bush dynasty but using lying political hit ads of blacks by political operators like Lee Atwater who set the low standard for how politics is now practised that sunk Dukakis. But you may have forgotten.

Not to worry Clinton will do fine. She is as much in the bag with Wall St. as your preferences but her party will have a leash on her. If it wasnt her you would still have an issue no? ...and I mean anyone with a Dem stripe.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I get it now...when in doubt do not refute the evidence (which are in quotes).and the messegers.

Speaking of freedom...keeping pols on their toes so they cant get away with a bamboozle is the object of the reporting. If you have an issue with the accuracy or context I am sure you would have made mention.
        I haven't read the full context of the quotes. But mother jones is the same site that claims global warming will lead to more rape so, they're not worth my time.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Thank you for being honest.

Dont suppose you were disturbed on either the age or education front when Ronald Reagan was elected now were you?

You do know that it wasnt the "thousand points of light" rhetoric which spawned the Bush dynasty but using lying political hit ads of blacks by political operators like Lee Atwater who set the low standard for how politics is now practised that sunk Dukakis. But you may have forgotten.

Not to worry Clinton will do fine. She is as much in the bag with Wall St. as your preferences but her party will have a leash on her. If it wasnt her you would still have an issue no? ...and I mean anyone with a Dem stripe.
          Reagan? Jebus. You guys and Reagan. It's been 35 years. Give it up already. Plus, I was five when Ronald Reagan was elected President so my concerns at the time were more about GI Joes, Transformers and my dog.

And, I'm fairly certain the 1980 Republican part didn't invent dirty politics or does John Adams being accused of being a hermaphrodite and pedant not count?

As for Dems, they don't really have much of a bench..... Jim Webb would make a good president but he's yesterday's man in the Democratic party. Funny thing is that there used to be a whole bunch of Dems and Repubs who were fairly centrist and palatable to people in the other party but those days are long gone now. I think Dems would find it hard to name a Republican they can vote for and vice versa.

Comment

Some interesting reports coming out regarding US and its 'involvement' with ISIS

Comment

Reagan? Jebus. You guys and Reagan. It's been 35 years. Give it up already. Plus, I was five when Ronald Reagan was elected President so my concerns at the time were more about GI Joes, Transformers and my dog.

And, I'm fairly certain the 1980 Republican part didn't invent dirty politics or does John Adams being accused of being a hermaphrodite and pedant not count?

As for Dems, they don't really have much of a bench..... Jim Webb would make a good president but he's yesterday's man in the Democratic party. Funny thing is that there used to be a whole bunch of Dems and Repubs who were fairly centrist and palatable to people in the other party but those days are long gone now. I think Dems would find it hard to name a Republican they can vote for and vice versa.
              Covenient. Reagan maybe "old" news to you but did you not witness that confab (first debate) at his library with his plane in the background (in the library where there should have been books) and everyone on the dais slobbering over his brilliance when in reality he was sadly beset by dementia in his 2nd term? Just providing context to your swipe at Sanders because of his age. You may not like his marbles but he still has them.

I thought Huntsman would have been a decent choice but alas like Kasich these days who has merit was/will be unceremoniously dumped by the congenitally low information base voter in their party. Jim Webb? Vietnam affected him.
              Last edited by Bendit; Tue Nov 17, 2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                I haven't read the full context of the quotes. But mother jones is the same site that claims global warming will lead to more rape so, they're not worth my time.
                I am not a regular reader of Mother Jones...but did you read the actual article (just like you probably did not my links)? You obviously read the bubble spin of the sites you restrict yourself to.

The second sentence clearly states that it's a "controversial new study". They are just reporting on the study. Nevermind it's actually a linkage between high temperatures and crime. And the data is what it is...warmer climes just produce more crime. Here's a newsflash...not everyone automatically makes the leap of logic as well as deny that we may have reversal in glbal temps thru better policies before 2099.

I am sure the conservative blogosphere went nuts with knee slaps on the headline (which included global warming). And I am sure MJ regretted publishing it.

Comment

Like I said earlier, keep Ben Carson the fuck away from the nuke button

Ben Carson’s remarks on foreign policy have repeatedly raised questions about his grasp of the subject, but never more seriously than in the past week, when he wrongly asserted that China had intervened militarily in Syria and then failed, on national television, to name the countries he would call on to form a coalition to fight the Islamic State.

Faced with increasing scrutiny about whether Mr. Carson, who leads in some Republican presidential polls, was capable of leading American foreign policy, two of his top advisers said in interviews that he had struggled to master the intricacies of the Middle East and national security and that intense tutoring was having little effect.

“Nobody has been able to sit down with him and have him get one iota of intelligent information about the Middle East,” said Duane R. Clarridge, a top adviser to Mr. Carson on terrorism and national security. He also said Mr. Carson needed weekly conference calls briefing him on foreign policy so “we can make him smart.”
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/us...isers-say.html

There's a big difference between the intelligence required to earn a degree, and the intelligence required to lead a country.

Comment

Apparently he released a satellite image of a Chinese radar installation. Don't know if there is any confirmation. Whether it's true or not, he made a mistake getting out in front of something like this because if he's right the White House denies because it makes them look bad and if it's untrue the White House denies because it's untrue.

In any regard based on the last 15-25 years, who in the US elected body truly seems to understand the middle east? It's like someone who is blind criticizing someone else for being blind. Most moves America has made in the middle east since Bush Sr. appears to have made America less safe because they've destabilized so many areas.

Comment

Covenient. Reagan maybe "old" news to you but did you not witness that confab (first debate) at his library with his plane in the background (in the library where there should have been books) and everyone on the dais slobbering over his brilliance when in reality he was sadly beset by dementia in his 2nd term? Just providing context to your swipe at Sanders because of his age. You may not like his marbles but he still has them.

I thought Huntsman would have been a decent choice but alas like Kasich these days who has merit was/will be unceremoniously dumped by the congenitally low information base voter in their party. Jim Webb? Vietnam affected him.
                      No, I am not a masochist, therefore, I do not watch primary debates. I have better things to do like nail my head to the floor. And, just like the left needs to get over Reagan, so do the Republicans. It's been 35 years. An entire generation has passed. Enough already.

Huntsman's campaign from 2011-12 consisted of him insulting conservatives and Repbublicans. I'm sure you liked that but it doesn't seem a wise approach to win the nomination.... And Kasich? No one likes Kasich. Not even John Kasich likes John Kasich. The man has the personality of a cheese grater. The only reason he's governor of Ohio is that the Dems ran someone even more unlikable and inept than Kasich.

Comment

A suspected terrorist plot is thought to have been foiled in Germany tonight after a series of bomb scares rocked Hannover.

French intelligence officials are reported to have warned their German counterparts about a potential attack, sparking a string of security alerts this evening.

The spooks told German authorities that the terrorists might strike using an explosives-laden vehicle with official access to the football stadium, such as an ambulance, TV crew van or security patrol car, reports Die Welt.

According to German newspaper Bild, a North African terror cell was planning to attack Hannover with assault rifles and suicide vests - chillingly similar to the methods used in Paris on Friday which killed 129.
                        http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...packed-6849876

Germany accepted so many refugees so quickly that it's hard to believe proper security checks could have been accomplished. Luckily the good guys foiled this plot.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Apparently he released a satellite image of a Chinese radar installation. Don't know if there is any confirmation. Whether it's true or not, he made a mistake getting out in front of something like this because if he's right the White House denies because it makes them look bad and if it's untrue the White House denies because it's untrue.

In any regard based on the last 15-25 years, who in the US elected body truly seems to understand the middle east? It's like someone who is blind criticizing someone else for being blind. Most moves America has made in the middle east since Bush Sr. appears to have made America less safe because they've destabilized so many areas.
                          This isn't new news. China as Russia has had long term military connections with the Assad regime (incl his father) predating the current conflict. Experts can tell it maybe is a radar installation but can Carson/anyone tell whether it's Chinese built vs. someone else? It would be interesting to find out from that pic how one does that.

Comment

No, I am not a masochist, therefore, I do not watch primary debates. I have better things to do like nail my head to the floor. And, just like the left needs to get over Reagan, so do the Republicans. It's been 35 years. An entire generation has passed. Enough already.

Huntsman's campaign from 2011-12 consisted of him insulting conservatives and Repbublicans. I'm sure you liked that but it doesn't seem a wise approach to win the nomination.... And Kasich? No one likes Kasich. Not even John Kasich likes John Kasich. The man has the personality of a cheese grater. The only reason he's governor of Ohio is that the Dems ran someone even more unlikable and inept than Kasich.
                            Ok. I wont mention Reagan again if you dont prompt me.

Bu,t I watched some of the debate as a comedy show where even the moderators got distracted trying to match the inanity.

And how did Huntsman insult any one...am curious. Of course one must bear in mind that possibly not throwing frivolous bolts at the Dems or Obama would be considered an insult within a large segment of the GOP. The guy in my view had more gravitas than fellow Utahan/Mormon Mitt. As far as Kasich, I may have to revise my commendation... he as well is succumbing to the dark impulses.

Ohio as you know is a bellwether state. Never know which way the wind blows there...which means good old middleoftheroad politics. He reads the tea leaves well...cant blame him for being electable. Like I said the guys that have a modicum of centrist affiliation and hence electability to the big house they crave so much just do not stand a good chance. A mystery...but maybe not.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Like I said earlier, keep Ben Carson the fuck away from the nuke button

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/18/us...isers-say.html

There's a big difference between the intelligence required to earn a degree, and the intelligence required to lead a country.
                              I guess you hadn't heard that Carson claimed recently that the Egyptian pyramids were built by Joseph (assume the fellow with the technicolor coat) for grain storage. Scary indeed.

Comment

I guess you hadn't heard that Carson claimed recently that the Egyptian pyramids were built by Joseph (assume the fellow with the technicolor coat) for grain storage. Scary indeed.
                                Lol ya, I heard. But was refraining from shitting on his beliefs too much

Comment

Working...
                                X