No announcement yet.

(Another thread about) PF situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Gibson. Masai, get us Taj Gibson.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      For Randolph maybe?

Salaries and contracts wise I think it would be pretty good forboth teams.
      No

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't mind a trade for John Henson. He's signed long term at $11M per year, decreasing each year. Defensive stud who isn't getting much opportunity and won't in the future either in Milwaukee thanks to them drafting Parker. He'd be a really nice pairing next to JV defensively as he's an elite shot blocker and good rebounder. Has shown to be a good passer and efficient scorer within 10ft. Lots of room to improve in the right situation.

Maybe they want them some Terrence Ross + filler? They'll need a 6th man to replace Bayless after this season.
        I like Henson, and he doesn't fit with Milwaukee as they need shooting and he can't... shoot. But I'm not sure he'd be better (or even the same) under Casey.

I'd rather have Henson than Scola starting for us though. He's got a lot of potential, and looks like he would fit well next to Jonas. Kinda how Tiago started next to Duncan.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          I like Henson, and he doesn't fit with Milwaukee as they need shooting and he can't... shoot. But I'm not sure he'd be better (or even the same) under Casey.

I'd rather have Henson than Scola starting for us though. He's got a lot of potential, and looks like he would fit well next to Jonas. Kinda how Tiago started next to Duncan.
          Bucks need Henson, Parker and Monroe need a rim protector-shotblocker to play next to them defensively.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Bucks need Henson, Parker and Monroe need a rim protector-shotblocker to play next to them defensively.
            Well yeah, he's a really useful player, but they're playing him less than 15 minutes per game so they aren't really benefitting much from his rim protection. They also need outside shooting and are giving Bayless heavy minutes because of that in a 6th man role (31.2 minutes per game), so I'd say they have more need for a player like Ross then Henson just based on minute distribution. Ross could be a longer term solution for them there. Ross and Henson have very similar extensions except Henson's is a year longer. I'm sure we'd have to add something else to the mix, but who knows with Masai doing the wheeling and dealing (toss in Biyombo to give them back rim protection). I just think Henson would be a nice long term fit next to JV, especially under a new coach and with a starting SG than can shoot the 3 (Murray if we're really fucking lucky).

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              No
              http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...?15764-Tor-Mem

Comment

Not interested in ZBo. He's 34 and averaging career lows across the board. His worst ORtg ever and his worst DRtg since 09', and both are below average (ORtg way below average). He also wouldn't make us any more of a contender then we are currently, most likely he'd make us worse. Lowry is a much better player right now, and will be in the following years too. If we're dealing Lowry I want a way better return then ZBo.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  Not interested in ZBo. He's 34 and averaging career lows across the board. His worst ORtg ever and his worst DRtg since 09', and both are below average (ORtg way below average). He also wouldn't make us any more of a contender then we are currently, most likely he'd make us worse. Lowry is a much better player right now, and will be in the following years too. If we're dealing Lowry I want a way better return then ZBo.
                  As I wrote in this trade proposition, the plan is more long term than short term. I know that ZBo will not make us a contender. He will not be there anymore when we will contend. I also know that Lowry is better right now, but this trade would make us a more complete team, while giving CoJo more playing time. What is the point of winning 55 games and not winning the champioship? I'd rather win 48, draft higher and have more space earlier.

It's normal for a 34 year old to regress a bit. He'd still produce way more than Scola and Patterson.

Think of it as the Grizzlies' perspective. I think they would probably even throw in a future pick.

Comment

As I wrote in this trade proposition, the plan is more long term than short term. I know that ZBo will not make us a contender. He will not be there anymore when we will contend. I also know that Lowry is better right now, but this trade would make us a more complete team, while giving CoJo more playing time. What is the point of winning 55 games and not winning the champioship? I'd rather win 48, draft higher and have more space earlier.

It's normal for a 34 year old to regress a bit. He'd still produce way more than Scola and Patterson.

Think of it as the Grizzlies' perspective. I think they would probably even throw in a future pick.
                    If the goal is to make the team worse, then yes, this trade accomplishes that. We don't really need any more picks, we have 2 each year for the next 2 years. If we're going to do a trade that regresses us, I'd rather get some young talent in return, not a rapidly declining ZBo. ZBo has been terrible this year, a net negative of offense and defense. He used to be a stud but time is a fickle mistress and ZBo is no Tim Duncan.

Comment

It seems like an easy position to upgrade but with so much parity at the 4 I'm not so sure. Sure, Al Horford could move the needle above Scola/PP/JJ/Bennett but he's also going to cost you 26 mill or so. I like having it as our xfactor position where Casey can do some wacky stuff.

Then, Masai will have lots of frontcourt options in this draft.

Comment

For Randolph maybe?

Salaries and contracts wise I think it would be pretty good forboth teams.
                        No

Trade Lowry for a draft pick like Skal...

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          No

Trade Lowry for a draft pick like Skal...
                          Jeez that guy looks like he needs a lot of work on his frame

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            Jeez that guy looks like he needs a lot of work on his frame
                            Meh he doesn't need to be a banger in the modern NBA as a PF, especially if we have someone like JV

I see Skal as a very similar player to Bosh...a Bosh/JV pairing would look sweet

Comment

I guess we will see if the young fellow is a skilled as bosh it will an interesting college season to follow

Comment

Working...
                              X