The Great Tank Debate Returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    You think there's a major return out there for ~65 games of Derozan? I'm not so sure. Now, if he had been traded last year I'd be inclined to agree there might be a solid market for him but I''m not sure a one-year rental is going to get you much in return.
    I think the West is an arms race and every team that thinks they have a shot is looking for extra ammunition against the Warriors. I think a lot of teams in the East have done the math and realize "if we're good enough, all we need is some luck against the Cavaliers and we're in the Finals." I think there are several teams in both conferences that both want to compete in playoffs and also desperately need scoring (at a glance: Milwaukee, Miami, Utah, Memphis, Detroit, Indiana, and Dallas), and whatever DeMar's other issues, he can score buckets - and paired with another scoring threat and slotted as a true secondary option he could be downright tempting for many teams. And on top of that, he's expiring money in a summer where everybody will be spending it.

I think he nets us, at minimum, a first-rounder and an unproven young player. At minimum.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
      I think the West is an arms race and every team that thinks they have a shot is looking for extra ammunition against the Warriors. I think a lot of teams in the East have done the math and realize "if we're good enough, all we need is some luck against the Cavaliers and we're in the Finals." I think there are several teams in both conferences that both want to compete in playoffs and also desperately need scoring (at a glance: Milwaukee, Miami, Utah, Memphis, Detroit, Indiana, and Dallas), and whatever DeMar's other issues, he can score buckets - and paired with another scoring threat and slotted as a true secondary option he could be downright tempting for many teams. And on top of that, he's expiring money in a summer where everybody will be spending it.

I think he nets us, at minimum, a first-rounder and an unproven young player. At minimum.
      Some teams would be interested in the Bird Rights. Rockets seem a good fit but have nothing to trade IMHO unless you count T.Jones,D.Mo or Capela

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Some teams would be interested in the Bird Rights. Rockets seem a good fit but have nothing to trade IMHO unless you count T.Jones,D.Mo or Capela
        Ty Lawson just pled guilty to a DUI charge and could face 180 days in jail as of early January, plus his 2016/17 contract is non-guaranteed as a result of Denver trading him to Houston. Lawson's contract plus Jones or D-Mo works; Houston could also throw in their first-rounder if they make playoffs (if they don't it goes to Denver) or a future first-rounder or multiple seconds.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Ty Lawson just pled guilty to a DUI charge and could face 180 days in jail as of early January, plus his 2016/17 contract is non-guaranteed as a result of Denver trading him to Houston. Lawson's contract plus Jones or D-Mo works; Houston could also throw in their first-rounder if they make playoffs (if they don't it goes to Denver) or a future first-rounder or multiple seconds.
          How does Derozan fit on Houston though with Harden? That's probably the last team that would want him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            How does Derozan fit on Houston though with Harden? That's probably the last team that would want him.
            Yeah I think teams like Memphis, Pheonix and New Orleans would be more likely to inquire about DD. Lowry would be a better option for Houston, but I cant really see a good trade for us there.

These teams are looked ahead to free agency this offseason remember. If a team likes Derozen and wants to give him a huge contract, i think it makes most sense for them to trade for him now. So many teams have cap space that his bird rights give them the extra edge, and they get a bit of a test drive for the rest of this year. I cant see a team giving up a lot unless they want to go all in, but I think we could get a good return.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Harden is pretty much the PG. He handles the ball alot. Demar is much better defensively than Lawson. Lowry to Houston works but Lowry has more trade value and its hard to figure out value for Demar

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                You think there's a major return out there for ~65 games of Derozan? I'm not so sure. Now, if he had been traded last year I'd be inclined to agree there might be a solid market for him but I''m not sure a one-year rental is going to get you much in return.
                Depends on the team recieving him and if they think he will resign there

I still firmly believe dd and pp to chicago for mirotic and noah works for both teams and makes too much sense.

They free up room for porter. Noahs unhappy. Mirotics minutes are all over the place and confidence is waning and they have been wanting more wing activity for years. Butler and demar on the wings. Pau and portis down low. Rose running the show.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  Depends on the team recieving him and if they think he will resign there

I still firmly believe dd and pp to chicago for mirotic and noah works for both teams and makes too much sense.

They free up room for porter. Noahs unhappy. Mirotics minutes are all over the place and confidence is waning and they have been wanting more wing activity for years. Butler and demar on the wings. Pau and portis down low. Rose running the show.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                  how do Demar and Jimmy Butler coexist??

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    how do Demar and Jimmy Butler coexist??
                    well, butler can do the spaceing, demar can do demar.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Canadian and will be a top pick in the 2016 draft, like Wiggins.
                      I like Jamal but there is a lot of college ball to be played yet to give him the number one spot with wiggins his athletic potential had scouts salvitating since he was 15. Not that Jamal is not gifted athletically he has a cerebral element to his game that stands out and is fundamentally sound

Comment

• They got to pull a plug on this team.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mount the guns boys, I'm on board

Comment

• That's the spirit!

With the JV injury will be interesting to see how the Raptors fare losing one of their biggest win producers

Comment

• If we trade DD, the Clippers seem to be a good fit.

Him for JJ Redick & Josh Smith?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                That's the spirit!

With the JV injury will be interesting to see how the Raptors fare losing one of their biggest win producers
                                This stretch would be hard regardless of having JV or not.

At what point do you guys think Masai shakes things up, if the issues aren't corrected. say we are around .500 20ish games in, which seems possible with JV out now, do you think he might do something?

Comment

Working...
                                X