Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumars Wants to Deal. Possible Trading Partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumars Wants to Deal. Possible Trading Partner?

Do you think Rip is past his prime? If not, anyone think he'd be that fit we're looking for at the SG spot. Even Prince could be a nice defensive presence to add to this team. Not implying we acquire both, but should Colangelo be calling Dumars to discuss some options at least?

The Pistons had a disappointing season and the clubs top priority via the draft, free agency, or trades is to land a low-post scorer.

"We need length and making sure we have a low-post presence," head coach John Kuester told The Detroit News. "No question about it."

"We know we have a lot of work ahead of us," Kuester added. "I told the team, 'Don't be accustomed to finishing playing basketball in April.' "

Tayshaun Prince, Richard "Rip" Hamilton and Charlie Villanueva are three players president of basketball operations Joe Dumars would like to trade.
    Source - Click here

I wonder if BC could pitch Hedo to Dumars for a guy like Prince. I haven't looked at salaries or anything, but I think Detroit needs a guy that can distribute on the team and Hedo could actually fit that bill. Since Chauncey was dealt for AI, the Pistons have really lacked a passing presence. Meanwhile, our team would really benefit from having a guy like Prince who plays some good defense and is long enough to rebound at both ends.

Comment

ummm I like rip dont get me wrong hes great off screens and is underrated as a defender can guard positions from 1 to 3 but being on the wrong side of 32 only playing 46 games last year is it really worth it I doubt its going to entice chris bosh to stay..... prince very long and gives many players trouble with hes length I think it all depends on what dumars is expecting in return for these guys.
      Last edited by SCP0389; Sun Apr 18, 2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

No interest in Charlie Villanueva = bad player

No interest in Rip Hamilton = Rip would be in DeRozan's way and I would rather develop DeRozan than play Rip

Mild interest in Tayshaun, more his contract than his talent. But outside of Hedo Turkoglu, I do not think I would be interested in any Prince trade.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Hedo for Prince?
          i would freaking love that
          that being said, i doubt it would happen

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
            I wonder if BC could pitch Hedo to Dumars for a guy like Prince. I haven't looked at salaries or anything, but I think Detroit needs a guy that can distribute on the team and Hedo could actually fit that bill.
            That's like asking if Dumars would trade a day at the Playboy Mansion for a root canal. Straight up man for man while disregarding any other variables, its a horrible deal for the Pistons. When considering they have their excellent PG of the future in Rodney Stuckey it makes even less sense to bring in a guy who is going to be constantly attempting to pry the ball out of his hands.

I think there is no way Bosh would want to go there the way the team is right now. Not to mention Detroit was never exactly a paradise of a city and with unemployment, foreclosures and crime through the roof it's not getting any nicer.

Bargnani doesn't fit the bill of a low post scorer BUT he does fit the description of what Darko Milicic was supposed to be when he was drafted by Dumars. That didn't work out but if Dumars passed on a sure shot like Melo for Darko then who's to say he wouldn't want to bring in Bargnani and pair him with Stuckey and the rest of the future?

Amir Johnson is out of the question in my mind. No way he wants to go back there after everything that's happened. A S&T with him in the mix is out of the question unless there's a third team.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
              Hedo for Prince?
              i would freaking love that
              that being said, i doubt it would happen
              Dumars is in a retard streak. Believe brutha, believe. It might happen.

Comment

If this is the same Dumars who drafted Milicic over Carmelo, Bosh and Wade, traded away Billups for Iverson and signed Ben Gordon and Villanueva, than the Raptors might have a chance at convincing him that Turkoglu is indeed a good trade for Prince.

Probably not, though.

I don't know if there's anyone else I'd want from that team. It's garbage. Hamilton is past his prime, Stuckey is vastly overrated and doesn't pass the ball, which makes him a good backcourt partner for Ben Gordon, who's also overrated and doesn't pass the ball. At least Stuckey defends, though. Villanueva doesn't defend either, and would be a great front court pairing with Bargnani if you want you front court to not stop anyone and stay out of the paint on offense. Quite frankly, Amir is better than any front court player they have right now.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Pistons are probably the worst structured franchise in the NBA right now. They have too many guards and not enough size. The BC and CV contracts were Colangeloesque in their absurdity. If they don't get lucky in the draft, I foresee them being rounding out the bottom of the East's barrel for the next several years.

I doubt Rip or Prince want to come here, they would be better suited finishing thier careers on winning teams. I could see Turk working for them, thier point guards are in the Jameer mold and I think they could play off him better. They have Stuckey, Bynum and Gordon, its too crowded and not enough shots to go around.

Jack and Bynum, old Georgia Tech alumnus would be interesting.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That's like asking if Dumars would trade a day at the Playboy Mansion for a root canal. Straight up man for man while disregarding any other variables, its a horrible deal for the Pistons. When considering they have their excellent PG of the future in Rodney Stuckey it makes even less sense to bring in a guy who is going to be constantly attempting to pry the ball out of his hands.
                    Ya I get that, but understand that Dumars already DID do that when he traded Billups to have Allen "Gimme-the-ball" Iverson play with Stuckey. I can't think of anyone who needs the ball more than AI, yet Dumars went after him at the same time that he was handing the keys over to Stuckey. Hedo would, "in theory", allow Stuckey to still be a scoring threat off the ball, as well as with the ball in his hands.

We all know Hedo is the root canal in this equation, the question is, "Does Dumars?"

Comment

My friends, we have to live with the fact that Hedo is not going anywhere (unless BC begs and goes down on his knees....and you know the rest) after his overachieving (hahaha) performance this season, who would want him? Plus, he's got 4 years left on his contract at around 12 mil each year.

But i wouldnt give up on Hedo just yet. I think he started out wanting to play but farther down the season it became more of a "fitting in" issue then eventually an "effort" issue. He seemed to be aware of the fact that he stunk this season and for someone to admit that just means he maybe willing to do better. If they are able to trade calderon and make jack and turk the primary ballhandlers, we could see a trip to the finals....whoa slap me!
                      Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Apr 19, 2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                        Ya I get that, but understand that Dumars already DID do that when he traded Billups to have Allen "Gimme-the-ball" Iverson play with Stuckey. I can't think of anyone who needs the ball more than AI, yet Dumars went after him at the same time that he was handing the keys over to Stuckey. Hedo would, "in theory", allow Stuckey to still be a scoring threat off the ball, as well as with the ball in his hands.

We all know Hedo is the root canal in this equation, the question is, "Does Dumars?"
                        No, they moved Billups for the cap space created by AI's expiring contract. That's a huge difference.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          No, they moved Billups for the cap space created by AI's expiring contract. That's a huge difference.
                          Dumars would not have gone for the cap space if he didn't think that Stuckey could handle the PG duties after AI's contract expired.

So it was a combination of both; i.e. Cap Space and then handing the keys over to Stuckey beginning this last season.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think they had no interest in AI beyond his expiring contract. To me, everything seemed to point towards rebuild. Either way, the point here is that there is no chance in hell that Dumars would trade for Hedo. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Agreed, but most of his moves don't make a ton of sense short term or long term. Of the GM's looking to take a flier on Hedo and I truly believe there will be a few, Dumars could fit the bill. The team isn't rebuilding since it handed out those huge contracts, so he needs to take a big risk and Hedo could be that risk.

People think Hedo is unmovable because he had one bad year. Randolph was inked to a much bigger contract and was traded once a year till he wound up in Memphis. Hedo has a unique skill set and has proven to be a valuable commodity on a winning team. There will be a handful of teams who come up short this year that will be looking to add the last piece of the puzzle and hopefully BC can con them into thinking he is it.

Comment

Working...
                              X