Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ye
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Time to celebrate were up to 8th! HUGE win over 2-10 Lakers! Oh now time to cry as we get swept by the CAVS. Lol.
    Yeah how many games are we out of third. Fawk guys it's early

Look at the recovery in 2013/14 what was the record before the gay trade?

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
      YeYeah how many games are we out of third. Fawk guys it's early

Look at the recovery in 2013/14 what was the record before the gay trade?
      And look at the, er, not recovery last year when we lost a starter for twenty games.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        And look at the, er, not recovery last year when we lost a starter for twenty games.
        Good point health can impact us but also any of our competitors as well.
        I just think the number of nights off ie easy wins is diminishing except for a select few as Philly for example

Comment

We're 9th Right Now

Anybody got a spare panic button i can hit?

The east is really no joke this year, and having inconsistent up-and-down play could easily land us outside the playoffs. It's looking like you're going to have to win > 41 games just to get in this year.

Comment

remember when people said "I don't care what's our seeding. It's all about playoffs!"
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nope. Too early. We are too good to miss the playoffs and I stand by that. Still if we somehow manage to miss the playoffs... Adam Silver will help us to get him:

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Nope. Too early. We are too good to miss the playoffs and I stand by that. Still if we somehow manage to miss the playoffs... Adam Silver will help us to get him:

NBA doesn't do a whole lot of "helping" the Raps when it comes to drafts.

1996 NBA Draft - Hey y'all won the lottery, but you're an expansion team so no AI for you!
                2006 NBA Draft - Haha nice #1 pick, too bad we decided not to have high schoolers this year so no Durant (or Oden) for you!
                2012 NBA Draft - Haha coin toss for the #7 pick? Oops, you lose. Enjoy Ross while Golden State gets Barnes!

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

1996 NBA Draft - Hey y'all won the lottery, but you're an expansion team so no AI for you!
                  2006 NBA Draft - Haha nice #1 pick, too bad we decided not to have high schoolers this year so no Durant (or Oden) for you!
                  2012 NBA Draft - Haha coin toss for the #7 pick? Oops, you lose. Enjoy Ross while Golden State gets Barnes!
                  Things change.

Comment

To be fair about 06, wasn't it Mayo and Oden who were the top projected picks at that point? I don't recall hearing about Durant too much in HS.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

That whole expansion thing still bugs me. *And it was 95.

**Although maybe if we had top pick we just would have taken Joe Smith. Garnett was the best player in the draft, and he went 5th.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Dec 5, 2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        yeah it was because of Orlando Magic dominance. They were expansion team and got Shaq and Penny. So a bunch of teams complained.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Also, Raps are 1.5 out of 1st lol... I guess the East has definitely improved, but I think the West has more leveled off in terms of its dominance(save for GSW and SAS). I'd still take #9 Portland over a bunch of East teams.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It was '96... second season, where we got Camby instead of AI. Wasn't it?

Comment

East is a bloodbath right now. Every day you look at the standings teams are jumping positions all over the place. Every team up to 12 in the east is still in it. Washington sitting at 12th is only 3.5 games behind first place.

Though I think the records will balance off by the all star break and Toronto will most definitely be between 3 and 7 by then. We have Kyle Lowry and he is just too damn good to miss the playoffs.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                It was '96... second season, where we got Camby instead of AI. Wasn't it?
                                Oh I guess so.

But the first was fucked too. They weren't allowed to be in the top 5 in their first year either. They slid them into the 6-7 spots by default. I think that's just nonsense. They should be given some kind of weighted chance to win like the rest of the teams.

And yeah, the whole "not allowed to get 1st pick thing" was really fucked up. But it didn't bother me that much because I always thought Iverson was overrated. It bothered me more that we weren't given a chance at a player like Garnett, or even McDyess (obviously thinking as if you didn't know he'd have injury issues).

Comment

Working...
                                X