No announcement yet.

Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the season even started I said he needs to be in the starting line up. On the starting line up he is surrounded by scorers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Before the season even started I said he needs to be in the starting line up. On the starting line up he is surrounded by scorers

He needs 10 minutes or less per game. Whatever he brings on defense is completely negated by making us a 4 on 5 offense. The guy can't even hit bunnies right under the basket.

Comment

• Are hand transplants possible?

Two for Bismack and one for my right hand to stop it from the face palming.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          He needs 10 minutes or less per game. Whatever he brings on defense is completely negated by making us a 4 on 5 offense. The guy can't even hit bunnies right under the basket.
          Watch Detroit Pistons championship team and watch how they use Ben Wallace. Ben and bismack are the same player it can work because it has been done before

Comment

• Biyombo needs less minutes, good luck trying to score 10 points in the 1st quarter with him starting.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              so we should accept and encourage the bullshit iso "basketball" that our starting backcourt plays? no thanks.
              Early in the year and even recently in our successful quarter's lowry has been getting JV involved while still having his own offense the buy in seemed to be there and has disappeared during points of stress.

Comment

• I would like to see what Bebe can do in place of Biyombo, but Casey is the coach and he hates young players. Either way Biyombo needs less minutes.

Comment

Watch Detroit Pistons championship team and watch how they use Ben Wallace. Ben and bismack are the same player it can work because it has been done before

Ben Wallace is way fucking better than Biyombo. It's an insult to Wallace to call them the same player.

Comment

• Ok think for a second those of u who know ball ... What's the problem now with BB on the floor ? They are double team the ball handler every time he sets a pick. Well if he is in the front line jv can set the pick. If u send BB to double alley ops all day. Another thing people are not realizing is if u know where the double team is coming from their defense is predictable.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Ben Wallace is way fucking better than Biyombo. It's an insult to Wallace to call them the same player.
                      Offensively they r the same player

Comment

Speaking of face palms....please stop this comparison. Biyombo is no closer to being Ben Wallace than DeMar DeRozan is to Michael Jordan. Honestly.

Big Ben - 4x DPoY, 4x All-Star, 5x NBA All-Defensive 1st Team, 3x All-NBA 2nd Team, NBA Champion, etc. etc.

Bismack Biyombo - 20 mpg bench player for two very forgettable Eastern Conference one-and-done teams, Charlotte and Toronto.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Offensively they r the same player

Detroit didn't win with Ben Wallace because of his offense. They won with Ben Wallace because of his defense. Defensively, they are not the same player.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Biyombo's defense and rebounding doesn't outweigh his inept offense.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ben Wallace is one of the greatest defensive players of all time, Biyombo is a role player, don't compare the two.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                                I was watching the game the other night and I started to wonder about how we are using Biyombo (BB). BB is a great offensive rebounder and defender but is super limited offensively. That means the best way to use him is in a line up where he can be hidden on offense and basically be used as a garbage man. Think Reggie Evans but big enough to provide rim protection. In the second unit it is hard to hide him because that unit is already pretty weak offensively. So I say we move him to the starting line up (or at least have him play with the starters more often). In that line up DD and Lowry are taking up most of the usage and miss a lot of shots, meaning having a guy who is out there just the set screen and get on the glass could be a big help.

The real benefit to this will be more opportunities for JV since he can become more of a focal point playing with the second unit, which should also help speed up his development as our go to low post threat. This will also allow him and Joseph to play together which has been a very successful combination in limited minutes so far.

The two player combinations on this team that have seen the lowest time on the court together (out of the top 20 combinations) are:

20. DD and BB
                                19. JV and Joseph

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../2016/lineups/

Those seem like two combinations we should be trying to see more of.

To clarify, I don't actually think that we should start BB over JV, just that it would make a lot more sense to play him more beside DD and Lowry and that JV could benefit from bring out with he second unit more often.
                                Biyombo and DD

there is a reason those 2 dont play much together.....damn man.

Only thing that would help is the negativity Demar receives for not passing ever to JV, because he cant pass to BB cause he wont catch it.

More Cujo and JV though, that is a WINNING combination.

Comment

Working...
                                X