Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry is awesome and the conversation around this team has officially gone crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not merely talking feelings. I'm talking chemistry as in pieces that work together. I'm also talking leadership, as people who make those around them better and inspire them to fight and persevere.

If you deal Lowry and plan on winning you better have a leader picked who can deliver. You better be sure the inbound plater fits the team philosophy and systems.
    Pshaw. Building a team is easy. You just hire a genius head coach, tank to get superstars and then you only sign and trade for super high efficiency players who defend their position while handing out below market deals. Simple.

Comment

If the Raptor had an actual coach, they can rely on him or her to deal with chemistry and fit. If a non-generational player dictates the roster then there are problems at the top.

Comment

You don't think the Spurs could have sold high on guys like Tony Parker and Manu? Do they not possess one of the greatest coaches of all time? Why did they not play armchair fantasy GM?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Pshaw. Building a team is easy. You just hire a genius head coach, tank to get superstars and then you only sign and trade for super high efficiency players who defend their position while handing out below market deals. Simple.
          Lol I see what you did there.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
            there is a line, yes, but when the opportunity arises to better the team, then it matters not the personel.

I like Lowry, but if someone offered a difference maker at a position of weakness then I pull the trigger. Improvement of the team both in the now and in the future trumps players feelings, locker room etc.
            If Lowry were traded for an all star PF or SG (not about to expire), I guess I wouldn't be upset. But that's what the return would have to be.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I'm not merely talking feelings. I'm talking chemistry as in pieces that work together. I'm also talking leadership, as people who make those around them better and inspire them to fight and persevere.

If you deal Lowry and plan on winning you better have a leader picked who can deliver. You better be sure the inbound player fits the team philosophy and systems.
              lets stick with my hypothetical trade for horford

he fits that role.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                lets stick with my hypothetical trade for horford

he fits that role.
                Horford is about to expire, so unless he commits ahead of time to resigning in Toronto, I wouldn't do it. Plus, there's the whole Atlanta has zero need for a PG thing. If they want DD plus picks for Horford, then I'm all over it.

Toss up some other all star PF or SG for Lowry trades, the Horford idea ain't happening.

Comment

I'll handle the jokes around here!

You guys hear about the new corduroy pillows wal-mart is selling?

Apparently they have been making all of the headlines.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

^ boooooooooooooooooo!!!
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      Horford is about to expire, so unless he commits ahead of time to resigning in Toronto, I wouldn't do it. Plus, there's the whole Atlanta has zero need for a PG thing. If they want DD plus picks for Horford, then I'm all over it.

Toss up some other all star PF or SG for Lowry trades, the Horford idea ain't happening.
                      I don't see a trade where we trade essentially our established all star for another teams established star. The closest thing i could think of is a trade for Favors, but I don't see that happening. Maybe the Jazz trade some young players like Lyles, Exum, Burke or Burks who are developing and show potential. The only ones in that group that really appeal to me are Lyles and Exum, but its too early to get a read on Lyles and Exum is coming off a major knee injury. I still like Exum and I believe Lyles was supposed to be a high skill guy with good vision, which is what the Raps need. Still though, not sure I'm not sure Utah is prepared to give up on Exum, who they believed would be their future star player, and I'm not sure the Raptors give up Lowry for guy who haven't established anything.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind trying to poach one of the Magic's young guys, Gordon, Fournier or Hezonja in particular. Maybe you could talk the Magic into a swap because Lowry provides experience and winning that they need to take the program to a higher level and they have so many young guys already.

EDIT: Another reason to make this trade, is that it puts us in the running for Ben Simmons. That is the type of player we could build around. Its early enough in the season that we would end up in good position in the lotto by trading Lowry. With young guys like Simmons and Hezonja this team would be fun as hell to watch. I know that odds are low of ending up with a high enough pick, but its nice to dream.
                      Last edited by DogeLover1234; Tue Nov 24, 2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        I don't see a trade where we trade essentially our established all star for another teams established star. The closest thing i could think of is a trade for Favors, but I don't see that happening. Maybe the Jazz trade some young players like Lyles, Exum, Burke or Burks who are developing and show potential. The only ones in that group that really appeal to me are Lyles and Exum, but its too early to get a read on Lyles and Exum is coming off a major knee injury. I still like Exum and I believe Lyles was supposed to be a high skill guy with good vision, which is what the Raps need. Still though, not sure I'm not sure Utah is prepared to give up on Exum, who they believed would be their future star player, and I'm not sure the Raptors give up Lowry for guy who haven't established anything.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind trying to poach one of the Magic's young guys, Gordon, Fournier or Hezonja in particular. Maybe you could talk the Magic into a swap because Lowry provides experience and winning that they need to take the program to a higher level and they have so many young guys already.

EDIT: Another reason to make this trade, is that it puts us in the running for Ben Simmons. That is the type of player we could build around. Its early enough in the season that we would end up in good position in the lotto by trading Lowry. With young guys like Simmons and Hezonja this team would be fun as hell to watch. I know that odds are low of ending up with a high enough pick, but its nice to dream.
                        Maybe if Greasy was still the backup. With CoJo running the show, I don't see us falling far enough to get a top pick. Our best bet is still a Knicks collapse and Denver being Denver.

Comment

Maybe if Greasy was still the backup. With CoJo running the show, I don't see us falling far enough to get a top pick. Our best bet is still a Knicks collapse and Denver being Denver.
                          I agree that we won't be worse than the 6ers or maybe Nets, but we would be very bad. Keep in mind, we still have Casey. Also, we would likely play more young guys to help their development, and Lowry has been our best player by far. We could easily end up with a bottom 3 record, which translates to a 15% chance at Simmons. I consider that to be our best chance at a transcendent player. Also, Simmons is going to be the number 1 pick, so even if we get the second pick from the knicks, we miss out.

I'm not saying that this is the only way to go, but i think its worth mentioning. There are other ways to build that I would be perfectly happy with, This is how I would tank though.

Comment

We need the Knicks to hit by the injury bug - they aren't that deep.

I think we could tank but it would take a take a serious of (un)fortunate events and some masterful tinkering by Masai - a couple more major injuries, trading away another of the core, firing Casey, and instructing the interim to 'play the future'. Even then we probably end up the 4-7th pick.

And...probably not going to happen the year allstar comes to Toronto.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              We need the Knicks to hit by the injury bug - they aren't that deep.

I think we could tank but it would take a take a serious of (un)fortunate events and some masterful tinkering by Masai - a couple more major injuries, trading away another of the core, firing Casey, and instructing the interim to 'play the future'. Even then we probably end up the 4-7th pick.

And...probably not going to happen the year allstar comes to Toronto.
                              Yeah i'm pretty sure it won't happen, but I still think it would be a better choice than making no real change to the roster. I would take even a 11 % chance at a transcendent player (equates to 4th worst record i believe) and a pile of young prospects with a potential over first round exits.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah i'm pretty sure it won't happen, but I still think it would be a better choice than making no real change to the roster. I would take even a 11 % chance at a transcendent player (equates to 4th worst record i believe) and a pile of young prospects with a potential over first round exits.
                                Of course that transcendent player is, what, a little bitter better than Lowry?

Comment

Working...
                                X