Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry is awesome and the conversation around this team has officially gone crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I'd put Lowry above those guys so far, Wall is struggling a bit and Irving has to play with Lebron which makes him difficult to assess (plus he hasn't played this year due to that knee).
    It's only been 15 games. Those guys were definitely better than Lowry last season.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      I do agree with this, but everyone needs to remember its a business.

I donot think it makes sense to look to trade lowry now, but if opportunity arose during the offseason to land a star guy, then you make the move.

Like a hypothetical Horford for Lowry deal.....dont think any player looks negatively at raps making that trade.
      Do you guys even look at rosters before suggesting trades? Atlanta has an all star PG in Teague, and a young all star in the making in Schroeder. The one position where they don't need any help is PG.

If Atlanta figures Horford won't resign (this is KEY), maybe the will take back Carroll for Horford. That's the only trade that makes any sense for Atlanta, outside of sending them JV.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure the only people who wouldn't do that trade is Atlanta.

Still think it makes more sense to move Lowry for a Big though, and get CoJo the minutes he needs.
        Oh boy, CoJo and DD...The spacing would be a nightmare.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
          Oh boy, CoJo and DD...The spacing would be a nightmare.
          I like the idea of CoJo starting IF it's next to Lowry. Lowry's our best PG and our best SG.

Rather than a long winded post, I'll make a quick summary: by any measurable category, Kyle Lowry is really good.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            Do you guys even look at rosters before suggesting trades? Atlanta has an all star PG in Teague, and a young all star in the making in Schroeder. The one position where they don't need any help is PG.

If Atlanta figures Horford won't resign (this is KEY), maybe the will take back Carroll for Horford. That's the only trade that makes any sense for Atlanta, outside of sending them JV.
            man, it was a hypothetical that I pulled out my ass for the purpose of making a point that under certain circumstances, the trading of Lowry would not be viewed as a greasy move by the organization due to lowry signing here for less money.

Comment

Kyle has been great.. without him we are tanking.. but the PG position is the strongest in the league.. every team seems to have one.

Moving Lowry for a 'big' isn't really straightforward. If the goal is to take a step back then trading him for anything is a good idea.. otherwise you just hold on to him.

Looking at rosters, I could see Brooklyn, NY, Houston, Philly and Utah as the only teams that could use an upgrade at the PG spot.

A Favors/Lowry trade would look nice.. but I don't think Utah would go for that. Houston has TJones but he's really not that great of a PF. Philly is still tanking and Lowry creates wins.. Brooklyn has nobody and neither does NY (Zinger is untouchable).

That would mean a 3 team trade and then it gets complicated.

** Sacramento could be an option too as Rondo is only there for one more year. Besides Boogie though they don't have anybody that would really help.

Comment

In the off season Horford, TJones, DMo are available either as RFA or UFA. Right now Scola is as good as many starting PF and its one of the easier positions around the league to find guys. The absolute lack of depth is the concern unless they can fix 2Pats and do something with Bennett

Comment

I could see New Orleans being interested in acquiring Lowry to pair with Davis.
                  Maybe we could get them to part with Anderson as well as Holiday. Andersons defense leaves alot to be desired, but his spacing would do wonders.

Comment

The offense is just terrible! When you see opposing teams move the ball around all score with ease, while the Raps rely too much on Lowry and Demar hogging the ball, isos, taking terrible shots (that sometimes do go in), dishing terrible passes, turning the ball over, it is really really really bad!

It's good though that we replaced Amir, who had great ball IQ with 2 players with equally good ball IQ in Scola and Carroll - plus CoJo off the bench. I really think this team is one blowout away from a firing or a trade - if we get blown out by Lebron on Wednesday, Casey has to be gone - calling it.

Comment

I do agree with this, but everyone needs to remember its a business.

I donot think it makes sense to look to trade lowry now, but if opportunity arose during the offseason to land a star guy, then you make the move.

Like a hypothetical Horford for Lowry deal.....dont think any player looks negatively at raps making that trade.
                      Some view this as a video game or fantasy basketball. It's not a stock market, it's far more complex than that because you have the human factor involved.

If they could get a talented player who fits the system, who delivers in the playoffs and who is a leader then yeah but the question then is why the hell would the other team be trading that away?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Some view this as a video game or fantasy basketball. It's not a stock market, it's far more complex than that because you have the human factor involved.

If they could get a talented player who fits the system, who delivers in the playoffs and who is a leader then yeah but the question then is why the hell would the other team be trading that away?
                        fuck the human factor.

business first.

Comment

fuck the human factor.

business first.
                          thats what me and my gun collection say

Comment

fuck the human factor.

business first.
                            The human factor IS part of the business. Again, this isn't a stock market. Ever hear of concepts such as "team chemistry" and "system player"? You treat it as a stock market and you're more likely to build teams like Bryan Colangelo.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              The human factor IS part of the business. Again, this isn't a stock market. Ever hear of concepts such as "team chemistry" and "system player"? You treat it as a stock market and you're more likely to build teams like Bryan Colangelo.
                              there is a line, yes, but when the opportunity arises to better the team, then it matters not the personel.

I like Lowry, but if someone offered a difference maker at a position of weakness then I pull the trigger. Improvement of the team both in the now and in the future trumps players feelings, locker room etc.

Comment

I'm not merely talking feelings. I'm talking chemistry as in pieces that work together. I'm also talking leadership, as people who make those around them better and inspire them to fight and persevere.

If you deal Lowry and plan on winning you better have a leader picked who can deliver. You better be sure the inbound player fits the team philosophy and systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X