No announcement yet.

Game #15: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't look at the start time of the game, assumed it was at 7 ET. Whoops.

At least we won.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      Wish that teams could trade coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Randy Whitman?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I'm in total bewilderment of many posters.

The first 5 games of the year is what this team should be about.

That was a team I could get behind.

That was a team showing progression and fixing mistakes that spoiled last season.

Instead, for the majority of the last 9 games, they have reverted back to the 2014-15 style of play with the two newest pieces, coming from ATL and SAS no less, starting to play basketball that would make their former teams cringe.

Does anyone really expect a different outcome when the east has improved and winning a division now means nothing for playoff seeding?
        Here's the thing, after we beat OKC for 5-0, we believed before Miami and G-STATE we can win every game. Have a stinker against ORL, then drop it with NYK, and blow 4ths at UTAH and SAC. Admitting: SAC is a better team with better players, NYK does not suck like shit and the Latvian is the culture change embodiment, UTAH was already fundamentally sound and getting better every year, and Orlando is waaaaay better coached this year.

It's nice to have high standards for a fan of an above average ball club.

We can go back to thinking a win is a miracle and see if a bust pick you dropped more money on than your actually good player is improving, but not at all.

I'll take the winning team fan mentality for a team that is good to pretty good
        Last edited by tonious35; Sun Nov 22, 2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          So much negativity. I thought the goal of basketball was to outscore the opposition
          @ the Y, yes. Not when millions watch for pleasure and occasional orgasm.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            I didn't look at the start time of the game, assumed it was at 7 ET. Whoops.

At least we won.
            Weirdest game. Raptors nearly blew a 30+ lead by not scoring at all in the second half. Defense and atrocious Clippers shooting won the game. 91-80 after scoring 60+ first half point

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
              Here's the thing, after we beat OKC for 5-0, we believed before Miami and G-STATE we can win every game. Have a stinker against ORL, then drop it with NYK, and blow 4ths at UTAH and SAC. Admitting: SAC is a better team with better players, NYK does not suck like shit and the Latvian is the culture change embodiment, UTAH was already fundamentally sound and getting better every year, and Orlando is waaaaay better coached this year.
              The style of play from first 5 and last 9 is dramatically different.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                I had to look up who started at SF for the Clips, it was PP.
                Sure the gm was paying into his retirement fund.

Comment

That was a team showing progression and fixing mistakes that spoiled last season.

Instead, for the majority of the last 9 games, they have reverted back to the 2014-15 style of play with the two newest pieces, coming from ATL and SAS no less, starting to play basketball that would make their former teams cringe.

Does anyone really expect a different outcome when the east has improved and winning a division now means nothing for playoff seeding?
                  The coach is still the same.. so expectations are met for me basically. The Raptors do not play great basketball. They are a good regular season team but not a good playoff team. They'll make the playoffs.. probably a 4 or 5 seed and will struggle in the first round. I'll be surprised if it's any different but so far everything is as I expected it to be (including Carroll and CoJo's play).

I'm still watching every game and hoping for the best because I'm nuts. My mom still watches soaps though.. so I guess it's hereditary.

Comment

At least we won.
                    Don't look at the middle, just look at the end

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post

It's nice to have high standards for a fan of an above average ball club.

We can go back to thinking a win is a miracle and see if a bust pick you dropped more money on than your actually good player is improving, but not at all.
                      SAC, Utah, NYK and Orlando are the definition of average teams. They are the 50-50 games teams need to beat. Clippers, Celtics and Pacers are on that list too.

Comment

• The roster's flexibility is starting to shine. JV is out, so you have the option to go with Bebe. Instead Casey can go small with JJ, who didn't do much today, but gives you that swiss-army knife of versatility.

Comment

At least we won.
                          SUNDAYS Bond! SUNDAYS!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The difference between last year and this year? We actually play defense. We play good defense.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The style of play from first 5 and last 9 is dramatically different.
                              the play of the 4th is a large concern right now. No proper drive and dish talent being used at all. They all wait for DeRozen and his retarded drives. Like OKC's execution, but much lower tier. OKC would be worse to take in because RUSS and KD are HOF caliber talents you expect for things to be done most of the time

Comment

There is a solution to your complaint. That solution is simple: FIRE CASEY! Its out of our control though.

Comment

Working...
                                X