Game #15: Toronto Raptors 91 - Los Angeles Clippers 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Scola shut down Griffin who for some reason decided this was the game not to shoot midrange and out and stopped an old Paul Pierce and Reddick at the rim
    Good for Scola. He had a very good two way game. So much for people saying Griffin would have 50.

BB shut down the paint. Guards like River, Paul, Reddit and Crawford couldn't get all the way to the rim cause they were worried about BB. They had to settle for a lot of mid range shots.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Scola shut down Griffin who for some reason decided this was the game not to shoot midrange and out and stopped an old Paul Pierce and Reddick at the rim
      Maybe he means Jordan? Jordan's post moves were negated by Biz very well tonight.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Good for Scola. He had a very good two way game. So much for people saying Griffin would have 50.

BB shut down the paint. Guards like River, Paul, Reddit and Crawford couldn't get all the way to the rim cause they were worried about BB. They had to settle for a lot of mid range shots.
        Rivers and Reddick cant get to the paint. Crawford and Paul dont live there either. The problem with the Clippers is they dont defend and dont go inside except with the bigs. Give up 60 down 30 and nobody is driving for two

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          Maybe he means Jordan? Jordan's post moves were negated by Biz very well tonight.
          Jordan has post moves?
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Rivers and Reddick cant get to the paint. Crawford and Paul dont live there either. The problem with the Clippers is they dont defend and dont go inside except with the bigs. Give up 60 down 30 and nobody is driving for two
            They never stood a chance against our D than
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Jordan has post moves?
              That is the joke

Comment

They never stood a chance against our D than
                They got to within 6. That was mostly because of the offense

Comment

They got to within 6. That was mostly because of the offense
                  Yeah, tale of two different halves on O but, the D stayed consistent.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Scola wasn't forcing Blake to shoot from outside though. There was just a complete lack of effort from Griffin to post up his man, and he seemed content to just take jumpers.

On top of that, a number of the Clippers' players were missing wide open 3s. I remember one specific possession where JJ Redick was open from the corner with no one near him and he still bricked the jumper. Also a few plays where Lowry lost Paul on a pick and roll, but Paul ended up missing a bunch of those pull up jumpers he usually makes consistently. I'm happy for the win (and my gamethread record), but the Raptors beat a broken team today.
                    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      Scola wasn't forcing Blake to shoot from outside though. There was just a complete lack of effort from Griffin to post up his man, and he seemed content to just take jumpers.

On top of that, a number of the Clippers' players were missing wide open 3s. I remember one specific possession where JJ Redick was open from the corner with no one near him and he still bricked the jumper. Also a few plays where Lowry lost Paul on a pick and roll, but Paul ended up missing a bunch of those pull up jumpers he usually makes consistently. I'm happy for the win (and my gamethread record), but the Raptors beat a broken team today.
                      I thought we were also a "broken team"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I thought we were also a "broken team"
                        Different types of broken I think. The Clippers are underperforming to start the season and their morale is low.

The Raptors are playing a style of basketball that isn't sustainable, but are managing to scrounge up wins and have a team that is generally content with where the record sits.
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Biyombo starting might work because Raptors pass in the first half of games. Teams arent as ready to load up in the first quarter. When the ball stops in the fourth is when he is unplayable

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            What. Was that.

I mean, great first half. Classic first game with an injured starter energy. The Clips look baaad (did GSW break them with that comeback?). But still, good first half, good energy, good defence, moved the ball well.

Let's not discuss the second half. I imagine we'll see a lot more of that second half basketball with JV out than first half basketball, but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Anyway. Considering how they played on this road trip going 2-3 is pretty much best case scenario. I guess we take it and hope for better team ball moving forward.
                            Actually, given that they blew significant late game leads in the games in Sactown and Utah, the best case scenario was 4-1. Or at least 3-2.

Comment

• That game was hideous.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Anyone who thinks that game was an example of great defence should take a gander at this:

28 of their 32 three point attempts were classified as open (13) or wide open (15). That's 4-6 feet of space and 6+ feet of space. They shot 7 for 28 on those shots, including 3 for 15 when absolutely wide open.

We gave them what my Dad calls the classic Raptors three point defence - leave 'em wide open and psych them out so they miss.

If the Clippers turn in an average three point shooting night on their wide open threes, not only do we blow the lead in the second half but we never have that big lead to begin with.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X