Out of Our Starting 5, Rate the Best to Worst on Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Our Starting 5, Rate the Best to Worst on Defense

Seeing how defense seems to be today's hot topic, out of our starting 5 rate in order who's the best to worst on defense. :confuse:

For those that are currently living under a rock and aren't sure who are starting 5 are, they are as follows: Jose, DeMar, Hedo, Bosh and Bargnani. 1 being the best defender and 5 being the worst.

Copy and paste this:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Feel free to discuss your choices too.

(1) Bosh
    (2) Hedo

(3) Jose
    (4) DeRozan -- hoping he can pass out Jose before the season is over.
    (5) Bargnani
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
      (1) Bosh
      (2) Hedo

(3) Jose
      (4) DeRozan -- hoping he can pass out Jose before the season is over.
      (5) Bargnani
      Andrea as our worst defender? Really?

Man, I totally watch a different game than you Dave.

Comment

1. Bosh
        2. Hedo
        3. Bargnani
        4. DeRozan
        5. Jose

Comment

1) Bosh

2) Turkoglu

3) DeRozan

4) Jose

5) Bargnani
          - - - - - - - - - - -
          No offence to Bargnani, whose defence has improved when he is guarding on the ball. Too many times he is lost on switches, close-outs and overall effort. At least (the past couple of games) I have seen some real effort from Jose.

Comment

This is my first post so you are going to get more than you asked for. Here is my list below enjoy:

1) Bosh-Positives: Good help defence, Shows well on picks
            Negatives: 1on1 defender, Lacsidasical guarding bigs on the perimeter

2) Hedo- I havent seen enough to grade but because he hasnt looked that
            bad so he gets this spot by default
            3) Derozan-Postives: Passing lanes, blocking shots (help defense)
            Negatives: 1 on 1, fighting through screens
            4) Bargnani-Positives: Better 1on1 defender than Bosh, Shot blocking
            Negatives: Showing on picks
            5) Jose- Positives: He shows up, Talks
            Negatives: 1on1, pick n roll, team defense

Comment

2mrw2day wrote: View Post
              This is my first post so you are going to get more than you asked for. Here is my list below enjoy:

1) Bosh-Positives: Good help defence, Shows well on picks
              Negatives: 1on1 defender, Lacsidasical guarding bigs on the perimeter

2) Hedo- I havent seen enough to grade but because he hasnt looked that
              bad so he gets this spot by default
              3) Derozan-Postives: Passing lanes, blocking shots (help defense)
              Negatives: 1 on 1, fighting through screens
              4) Bargnani-Positives: Better 1on1 defender than Bosh, Shot blocking
              Negatives: Showing on picks
              5) Jose- Positives: He shows up, Talks
              Negatives: 1on1, pick n roll, team defense
              I think that has to be one of the fairest summaries of our key guys that I read in awhile. Well said 2mrw2day.

Welcome to our forums too. Bare with us while we get it up and running. Might take a couple weeks.

Comment

1. Bosh
                2. Hedo
                3. DeRozan
                4. Bargnani
                5. Jose
                Everett44.

Comment

1)

2)

3)

4) Jack

5) bosh/bargs DD

HEDO
                  TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Everett44 wrote: View Post
                    1. Bosh
                    2. Hedo
                    3. DeRozan
                    4. Bargnani
                    5. Jose
                    c'mon, dude. pay attention.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Andrea as our worst defender? Really?

Man, I totally watch a different game than you Dave.
                      Yeah, my thoughts too. Jose may be the worst defender on the team.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, my thoughts too. Jose may be the worst defender on the team.
                        well, duh. but the topic was ranking the STARTERS. unless you still consider jose a starter. maybe in a few games...

Comment

Have you even read the conversation going on in this thread or do you only read my posts? That's flattering and all but you should pay attention to everyone.

Comment

1)Bosh

2)Bargnani

3)Jack

4)Hedo

5)DD
                            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Are we talking real defense or the illusion of defense? Also, isn't Jack the starting point guard?

1)Bargs- best shot blocker on the team, makes key stops at the end of games and does better than people think against post players. Gets exposed by perimeter players not being able to keep their guy in front of them and is then late on rotations.
                              2)Bosh- Proved in the Olympics he can anchor a strong defensive unit. His heart does not seem to be in anchoring this one. Good help defender, poor shot blocker and decent one on one defender who will get blown by at least twice a game.
                              3)Derozan- The player I feel with the most potential to become a lock down defensive player. Still too young and physically immature to properly defend in this league. Needs an off season of HGH.
                              4)Jack- Has a rep for being a better defender than Jose. I don't really see it. He still gets beaten off the dribble routinely. Only difference between him and Jose seems to be that opposing players know they can crush Jose, while with Jack they merely assume they can.
                              5)Turk- One of the worst defensive players I have seen. His effort is laughable. He bites on pump fakes, leisurely strolls in transition, gets out rebounded even when he has position, has negative lateral quickness, doesn't use his length to his advantage, probably commits more and one fouls than anyone in the league, innate ability to have defenders constantly think they are heating up via NBA Jam.

Comment

Working...
                              X