X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jhalil Okafor Street Fight in Boston

Well, that escalated quickly!

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/26/jahlil...-boston-video/

Philadelphia 76ers rookie Jahlil Okafor was involved in a street fight in Boston on Wednesday night, a source confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Goodman.

TMZ released video earlier Thursday that showed a man it identified as Okafor verbally sparring with several individuals. A scuffle broke out, and the man identified as Okafor is seen punching a man.

"Apparently, they said: 'The 76ers suck and you guys are all losers. You'll never win a game,' " a source close to Okafor told Goodman.

"I was around the corner when it happened. I saw him a minute after he knocked the dude out," the source said. "I think the guy was just talking s---. Saying the Sixers suck."

Jahlil Okafor, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft, is averaging a 76ers-high 18.4 points with 8.1 rebounds per game. AP Photo/Matt Slocum
    The 76ers released a statement Thursday evening.

"We are aware of the report and we are currently working to gather additional information," the team said. "Until that time, we will have no further comment."

The Sixers lost 84-80 to the Boston Celtics earlier Wednesday evening.

Okafor, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft, had 19 points and nine rebounds in the loss. He is averaging a team-high 18.4 points with 8.1 rebounds per game.

The Sixers (0-16) have lost 26 straight games dating to last season and are the first team in NBA history to start 0-16 in consecutive seasons.

Comment

The fans were actually right this time, and I hate Boston fans.

Comment

How fun it would be if Sixers finished 0-82

Comment

Poor guy. I read more information on what was happening prior to what was reported and you can't help but feel bad for the guy.

76ers might want to rethink their plan. The losing is really getting to these young players.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

NBA players got to know how to deal with hecklers.

Comment

How long is it going to take for Philly to field a respectable team? I'm glad we don't have something like that happening in Toronto.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Uh, Jahlil Okafor -- you gotta learn how to handle hearing "The Sixers suck" -- cause they do!

What the Sixers are doing is a disgrace to the sport. They're the laughingstock of the NBA. And yet some fans in this forum want the Raptors to do the same thing the Sixers are doing smh.
                Last edited by The Great One; Fri Nov 27, 2015, 02:18 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Jahlil is a real talent... and he's going to leave that organization as soon as he can. Great plan Hinkie.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Jahlil is a real talent... and he's going to leave that organization as soon as he can. Great plan Hinkie.
                    Embiid will be ready to step in once Jhalil is done!

OKAFOR: FIGHT WAS 'DUMB,' 'EMBARRASSING'
                    Sixers rookie Jahlil Okafor said the fight he was involved in after Wednesday's loss to the Celtics was "definitely dumb on my part. ... Its something that I am embarrassed about." Okafor will play tonight in Houston.

Comment

I guess not charges or investigation is coming, so he seems to be off the hook.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Uh, Jahlil Okafor -- you gotta learn how to handle hearing "The Sixers suck" -- cause they do!

What the Sixers are doing is a disgrace to the sport. They're the laughingstock of the NBA. And yet some fans in this forum want the Raptors to do the same thing the Sixers are doing smh.
                        That's not rebuilding anymore. There's a whole different term for what the Sixers are doing.

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Embiid will be ready to step in once Jhalil is done!
                        Lol Embiid might never play in the NBA.

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Good. Crappy fans like that suck.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          I still smell a lawsuit tho

Comment

well

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

well
                              Buddy lookin for a payday!

Comment

Working...
                              X