Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Jahlil trying his damndest to get traded:

Philly is in deep trouble man. This is why i'm not a fan of tanking. You just never know. A lot of things could go wrong. You have to be extremely lucky for it to work.

- Noel is just another C. Nothing special.
    - Embiid might never play in the NBA.
    - Who knows how good the Euro guy is?
    - Okafor seems like a headcase.
    Last edited by The Great One; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 03:43 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

What Sixers are doing is not tanking. There is no word for what they are doing.

Comment

Maybe he thinks he plays for the Kings.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Maybe he thinks he plays for the Kings.
          Nah.. Cousins would knock him out.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
            What Sixers are doing is not tanking. There is no word for what they are doing.
            No, it is tanking in its purest form. Look, if the goal of tanking is to get a superstar player to turn your franchise around then, well, they don't have that guy yet. So, if it was right to tank in year one to get that guy, then it's right to tank in year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on, until you get that guy. Why bother moving ahead with a bunch of second tier guys if you think that won't get you past the second round? If you truly believe in the tank as the way to go then you should, presumably, believe in tanking in perpetuity until you find the magic beans.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              No, it is tanking in its purest form. Look, if the goal of tanking is to get a superstar player to turn your franchise around then, well, they don't have that guy yet. So, if it was right to tank in year one to get that guy, then it's right to tank in year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on, until you get that guy. Why bother moving ahead with a bunch of second tier guys if you think that won't get you past the second round? If you truly believe in the tank as the way to go then you should, presumably, believe in tanking in perpetuity until you find the magic beans.
              Presumably they have factored in what kind of fan base they will have left once they find their gem...if ever.

Disclosure: I was part of the tank brigade around here...and this method was never envisaged by any in the group.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                So they're going to tank till they find the next LeBron James? good luck with that.

Speaking of tanking, the Cavs didn't win anything during LeBron's 1st stint there. I'm just saying....

Tanking doesn't work.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Comment

Comment

Lol new video surfaced and it shows him bragging about how much money he has and then a fight ensues with a heckler... heckler is later showed assed out on the sidewalk with a mashed up face.

I never cared for any Duke players and I don't like him too much already, but this is comical.

on my phone but here it is:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/12/02...-video-boston/

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Lol new video surfaced and it shows him bragging about how much money he has and then a fight ensues with a heckler... heckler is later showed assed out on the sidewalk with a mashed up face.

I never cared for any Duke players and I don't like him too much already, but this is comical.

on my phone but here it is:

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/12/02...-video-boston/
                        Good thing he has dat money, CUZ HE'S GOING TO BE PAYING NOW.

Anyway.. kid is very lucky. Tuff guys like him don't last very long

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Presumably they have factored in what kind of fan base they will have left once they find their gem...if ever.

Disclosure: I was part of the tank brigade around here...and this method was never envisaged by any in the group.
                          Well, no one envisions it working out that way....... there is no issue with a complete rebuild in the right circumstances. Every team goes through it. Every team. I've just never been sold on blowing up a playoff team but non-contender to be bad for 4 or 5 years when the likely scenario is becoming a playoff team but non-contender again. And I've never been a fan of what Hinkie is doing, which was doomed to failure from the beginning.

Comment

The Griffin situation puts this in an interesting light.

Here you have a vet on a vet team that is with 6th best record in the league punching a guy in the face....a member of his own team. Then you have his assault allegations from last summer.

Now you have Okafor getting in to brawls with randoms and people blaming the 76ers organization for putting him in a losing environment.

Here is a concept....people make all sorts of bad decisions and that responsibility rests with that person...... and sometimes an A-hole is just an A-hole.

Comment

Jhalil Okafor Street Fight in Boston

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              The Griffin situation puts this in an interesting light.

Here you have a vet on a vet team that is with 6th best record in the league punching a guy in the face....a member of his own team. Then you have his assault allegations from last summer.

Now you have Okafor getting in to brawls with randoms and people blaming the 76ers organization for putting him in a losing environment.

Here is a concept....people make all sorts of bad decisions and that responsibility rests with that person...... and sometimes an A-hole is just an A-hole.
                              Teammates fight all the time, this fight just happened to break his hand

And in the videos where okafar was seen fighting people, what provoked him to do so was people telling him the sixers suck, and as a result, he sucked as well

An asshole is an asshole regardless, but reasons assholes asshole, is totally dependent on the situation, and in okafars case, the sixers are the reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                Teammates fight all the time, this fight just happened to break his hand

And in the videos where okafar was seen fighting people, what provoked him to do so was people telling him the sixers suck, and as a result, he sucked as well

An asshole is an asshole regardless, but reasons assholes asshole, is totally dependent on the situation, and in okafars case, the sixers are the reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I don't really believe Okafor tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually rejected by two ladies(according to the victim) and then verbal altercation ensued.

Comment

Working...
                                X