Russia Offers Assistance To Japan In Fukushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia Offers Assistance To Japan In Fukushima

Russia’s state nuclear energy company Rosatom is ready to help Japan shut down the reactors at the Fukushima nuclear power plant. A huge earthquake and a resulting tsunami hit the plant in March 2011, causing three nuclear meltdowns and a massive radiation leak.
    The cooperation could involve Russia shutting down other nuclear power plants Japan won’t use in the future.

“We are glad to offer Rosatom services, including our German subsidiary Nukem Technologies,” Komarov said adding that negotiations are in progress.

“Nukem has already returned to a greenfield site Kahl and Philippsburg nuclear power stations in Germany,” he said.
    https://www.rt.com/business/323544-f...japan-nuclear/

Anyone else find the company name is... Unfortunate? "Nukem"? Maybe it's a language thing but damn they could have named it anything...

It's troubling that Japan is still dumping ridiculous amounts of nuclear waste into the Pacific. This is still a crisis but gets little attention.

Personally I don't buy fish products harvested in the Pacific and I disregard reports that it is safe. I honestly don't care as there are option so why not pick the other options?

Apollo wrote: View Post

Anyone else find the company name is... Unfortunate? "Nukem"? Maybe it's a language thing but damn they could have named it anything...

It's troubling that Japan is still dumping ridiculous amounts of nuclear waste into the Pacific. This is still a crisis but gets little attention.

Personally I don't buy fish products harvested in the Pacific and I disregard reports that it is safe. I honestly don't care as there are option so why not pick the other options?
    Haha, ya that "Nukem" thing made me laugh..

But as for the seafood products ... I wouldn't be against getting Super powers....

Comment

Joey, you're spending too much time on Fallout 4.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I think you'll find that language crossover occur quite often...that is "funny" though.

But what took the Russians so long?

Re seafood...buy Atlantic

Comment

What is taking everyone so long? They say this will take 40 years to clean up. I would contend when you calculate what has been dumped into the Pacific, only time, as in hundreds of years, can clean this up.

Comment

Working...
          X