Game #18: Toronto Raptors 102 - Phoenix Suns 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Thoughts on a possible trade idea here...

I was reading my fantasy updates and something struck a nerve.

Since Philly is looking to rebuild and trusting the process, could we pry covington from them? He's a solid defender and a very good outside threat. Could be a potential move to go small ball as well.

Was thinking something along the lines of...

JJ + 2nd rounder (or possible LAC first rounder)

for

Covington
    No way I see Philly doing that
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Casey is a players coach. He will not bench 2pat or Ross. He wont give up on his player even when things are going bad. One of the reasons why his players never quit on him. Masai would have to make a trade.

By bench I mean DNPs.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        Thoughts on a possible trade idea here...

I was reading my fantasy updates and something struck a nerve.

Since Philly is looking to rebuild and trusting the process, could we pry covington from them? He's a solid defender and a very good outside threat. Could be a potential move to go small ball as well.

Was thinking something along the lines of...

JJ + 2nd rounder (or possible LAC first rounder)

for

Covington
        If Philly dumped Covington there would be outright mutiny among the Philly fanbase. I think they're a lot closer to turning on Hinkie than most realize.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          It's not the poor shooting or even lack of productivity that most concerns me. Both guys are actually hurting the team with all their mistakes and poor decisions. The shooting will come but the court game is so bad.

Raps can't win with 5 guys playing against 9 or 10 every night.
          Not sure what you expect from role players with defined skill sets when the majority of the offense revolves around, after meaningless passes between half court and three point line, whoever catches the ball has 3-4 seconds to do something with it after which they give it to the closest person who is standing and watching.

But apparently that is awesome offense with fantastic regular season results so what do I know? Pffft.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            If Philly dumped Covington there would be outright mutiny among the Philly fanbase. I think they're a lot closer to turning on Hinkie than most realize.
            The stuff I've read from Philly fans all revolve around team made up of D-Leaguers and place holders. Guys like Covington have bigger roles than they should have....which is true, really. Hinkie is trying to get top draft picks and find diamonds in the rough.

Problem with Philly has been Noel missing a year, Saric missing 2-3, and Oden, er, Embiid.

Hopefully they don't take any broken players or committed foreign players this year.

Trading MCW was not looked favorably upon by fan base but watching him in Milwaukee has shown that to be a very good decision with benefit of hindsight.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Casey is a players coach. He will not bench 2pat or Ross. He wont give up on his player even when things are going bad. One of the reasons why his players never quit on him. Masai would have to make a trade.

By bench I mean DNPs.
              Aahh, no no... you meant regular minutes too.. Don't try and cover it up with "DNPs"..

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Aahh, no no... you meant regular minutes too.. Don't try and cover it up with "DNPs"..
                No, I meant DNPs.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• "Everything the Raptors are doing is off the dribble. That makes them really easy to guard." - Fox Sports Suns broadcast crew.

#CaseyEffect

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    "Everything the Raptors are doing is off the dribble. That makes them really easy to guard." - Fox Sports Suns broadcast crew.

#CaseyEffect
                    Basketball 101: The ball moves faster than players.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      "Everything the Raptors are doing is off the dribble. That makes them really easy to guard." - Fox Sports Suns broadcast crew.

#CaseyEffect
                      What do they know. Our regular season ORTG rocks

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Not sure what you expect from role players with defined skill sets when the majority of the offense revolves around, after meaningless passes between half court and three point line, whoever catches the ball has 3-4 seconds to do something with it after which they give it to the closest person who is standing and watching.

But apparently that is awesome offense with fantastic regular season results so what do I know? Pffft.
                        Play defense? Not get hung up on every screen and lose cutters in the lane? Not make terrible decisions on both ends of the floor. Not turn it over like the local baker? When your shot isn't falling you can actually do other things in basketball. But, yes, it's all on Casey's offense. Continue on, don't let me interrupt you from telling the same story, over and over, and over and over....

Comment

• What was a main point of discussion after last nights game? Was it a) bench rebounding? B) bench defence? C) bench rebounding? Or D) bench scoring?

Caseys offence is bad. But these guys are just missing shots too. I have confidence that Pat can regain his form. Ross is just trash.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            No way I see Philly doing that
                            Don't be so sure. They're always eager to trade guys for picks, even 2nd rounders. Covington is struggling offensively this year, too. Shooting like crap.

I mean, Covington is almost 25 and projects as a role player. His value on O comes from shooting, and he's shitting the bed there right now. Hinkie won't be attached to that, and we know Philly will trade anyone even for 2nd rounders if they don't see them as a piece to build around (which has been almost every piece to come through Philly since Hinkie has been there). Basically the approach seems to be there's no point in having guys who can contribute to winning in lesser roles until they have the key cogs that contribute in more major roles.

And I think Philly is still below the salary floor. They don't have to reach it, but they have no problem taking back some extra money since they'll have to spend it in some way regardless. And heck, if they want to lose, a disgruntled JJ looking for his own on a bad team could be the trick to guarantee a single digit wins season.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              What was a main point of discussion after last nights game? Was it a) bench rebounding? B) bench defence? C) bench rebounding? Or D) bench scoring?

Caseys offence is bad. But these guys are just missing shots too. I have confidence that Pat can regain his form. Ross is just trash.
                              I don't know why anyone is confident in Pat.

He's always been a streaky shooter. He goes through long slumps literally every year where he shoots badly. Sometimes more than one. He's not a sniper or anything.

Ross is clearly struggling even by his own generally lowish standards.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Play defense? Not get hung up on every screen and lose cutters in the lane? Not make terrible decisions on both ends of the floor. Not turn it over like the local baker? When your shot isn't falling you can actually do other things in basketball. But, yes, it's all on Casey's offense. Continue on, don't let me interrupt you from telling the same story, over and over, and over and over....
                                My understanding you were strictly griping on offense. Defense you're exactly right.

As for the rest, thank you, carry on I shall.

But if you really want to start talking about broken records, you're doing a bang up job yourself of late.

Comment

Working...
                                X