Raptors Republic Report Cards - DeMar DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Report Cards - DeMar DeRozan

Today, we grade and discuss our own "Rookie of the Year" DeMar DeRozan.

DeMar DeRozan

2009-10 Statistics

PPG 8.6
    RPG 2.9
    APG 0.7
    SPG 0.6
    BPG 0.2
    FG% 0.498
    FT% 0.763
    3P% 0.250
    MPG 21.6
    A
    0.00%
    B
    31.58%
    C
    63.16%
    D
    5.26%
    F
    0.00%

I'll give him a C. He's right around where I expected him to be. He played hard all year but he still has a lot to learn.

Comment

Are we too quick to give up on DeMar just yet? I know alot of Raptors fan have already written him off, but are we being too premature thinking that way?

Comment

I'm not writing him off. I'm just not giving him a wonderful grade because he didn't do anything worthy of one. I've said in here a few times that I believe he will be much improved next year.

Comment

B- for me. Decent rookie campaign, far from spectacular but used the minutes he got well. Nobody ran a play for him and he was often ignored. Probably needed to be more selfish if he wanted some rookie honours but he stuck to the team-game and listened to the coaches.

Comment

I gave him a C+, not because I am writing him off but because he didn't improve too much during this season. I expect him to have a busy summer, to bulk up a little bit and came back in training camp more confident, playing as he did in the last game of the 2009-10 season.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              Are we too quick to give up on DeMar just yet? I know alot of Raptors fan have already written him off, but are we being too premature thinking that way?
              Yes, definitely premature. It is disappointing to see people write him off so early.

I thought DeRozan showed a lot of promise. A good foundation to build off of for the future.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

i think Demar gets a b+. Going into the season, the best case scenario was that he broke out in the nba. that wasn't likely on team with 4 starters who dominate the ball.

he's put up the same numbers as Kobe and Granger in their rookie years, at the same age.

If he builds his strength to Sonny's level this summer and develops a better handle on the ball, I see no reason as to why he can't be a dominate 2 man in the league. I wouldn't trade him for anything shy of an allstar pg or sf at this point.

Comment

I give him a B,

He didn't have any plays ran for him, and that is a direct result of not enough ball to go around.

I believe that this offseason will work wonders on his game, he know know what he needs to work on during the summer and has spent a whole year playing against some of the best shooting guards in the league.

I think we will see him start to show his true colours near the all star week next season, or in the beginning of his third season.

But from what we have seen so far, he is extremely athletic, wants to learn and work on his game, and has showed a lot of improvement since the beginning of the season.

Comment

I gave him a C, didn't excite but didn't dissapoint either. I don't think he will ever be an AllStar but on a level just below that, maybe a Caron Butler type.

Comment

C+. Anyone who has trouble taking a player off the bounce as much as he has doesn't get a B until he improves in that area.

I have not given up on the rookie. I think that a real hard and good offseason, working with Sonny, could do wonders. He just needs to tighten up his dribble, and get faster laterally so he can keep players in front of him.

Comment

C+
                        A fair to good start. If he can improve his 3pt. shot and use his games over the summer to focus on defense, this would be good. He is young and has much upside I believe.

Comment

B- for me
                          he played hard, one of the only Raps to attack the rim
                          if it werent for him and Weems we basicly would have no Sick-Wickity-Nasty plays
                          I think next year (with Bosh gone) he'll have a great year
                          he need to tighten the dribble and the 3

this year he basicly met expectations. A raw rook, with good flashes.
                          He's a keeper

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I'll give him a C. He's right around where I expected him to be. He played hard all year but he still has a lot to learn.
                            +1
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

"DeRazor" gets a B- from me. Considering he started almost the whole season versus guys much stronger and more skilled. He's got a long way to go but as most people agree, he's got plenty of potential. This city is way too quick to write players/teams/coaches/management off. Most of the good teams in the Association have had their core together a few years and have taken their lumps. Another year or two with some key additions/subtractions and they'll be back in business. I hope DeMar pans out and is still here producing at a high clip.

Comment

Working...
                              X