Scott Weiland Dead At 48.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Weiland Dead At 48.

Scott Weiland, the American musician whose mercurial vocal style was a signature of the rock band he helped start, Stone Temple Pilots, and later Velvet Revolver, died on Thursday in Minnesota. He was 48.

His manager, Tom Vitorino, confirmed the death. A statement posted to Mr. Weiland’s Facebook and Instagram pages said he “passed away in his sleep while on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota, with his band The Wildabouts.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/ar...le-pilots.html

Lead man for one of my favourite bands of the 90s. At STPs peak it didn't look like Scott was likely to survive the 90s due to drug abuse. A sad story about a man who had huge success and talent but his demons got the best of him.

So 90s.

So sad.

STP was one of my fav bands too (basically all my music is from the 90s).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Saw them live a couple times back in the early-mid nineties. Wasn't a huge fan but Weiland was a pretty good live frontman. Too bad with the drugs and the rest. Dude live a fast, hard life.

Comment

Never really got into them though Weiland did have great lead chops. That is young...there must have been issues..was known to have relapsed in the past. Too bad.

Comment

You don't die in your sleep at 48 after just getting of work as usual. This is why I hinted drugs in my post. Either due to usage or long term side effects of usage is my guess.

Comment

More surprised he almost made it to 50

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              More surprised he almost made it to 50
              Super bummer, but as bad as it is to say, I have to agree ... like Amy Winehouse and countless others, Weiland just wasn't meant to ever see old age. The man had a demon inside him, and I can only hope he's enjoying his eternal trip. RIP

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Super bummer, but as bad as it is to say, I have to agree ... like Amy Winehouse and countless others, Weiland just wasn't meant to ever see old age. The man had a demon inside him, and I can only hope he's enjoying his eternal trip. RIP
                Pretty sure when they were born nobody had Keith Richards outliving them. Chain smoking, alcoholics with various drug addictions and probable STD dont usually make it to 71

Comment

Working...
                X