Bryan Colangelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verbatim wrote: View Post
    He was justifying Andrea's contract by saying that LaMarcus Aldridge's numbers are roughly equal and he is making $15 million more. It is a facile argument to make though, because of how LaMarcus successfully contributes to a team with one of the best defences in the NBA. Furthermore, LaMarcus is getting more points and more rebounds on a team that plays a turtle's pace. Very few possessions occur in the majority of those Portland games.

I understand why BC did not choose LaMarcus first overall, given that Bosh was around. But he can't think that they are same quality of player based on superficial numbers, especially when he says that he doesn't look at those kinds of indicators.
    Bargs at likes playing in TO. LaMarcus would be gone by now...

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
      Wouldn't matter if it was 34 and 12, it is not about the numbers it is about his heart or lack thereof.
      Do you actually watch the games? The kid played number of times
      banged up, not like our "prima donna franchise".

Comment

[QUOTE=insight_tor;12808]Brian Colangelo is not even close with Shaq situation. Shaq is 100% declining, BC just placed some risky bets and he lost. Going the safest route may work but then again you never know when a injury to a key (max player/huge contract) can suddenly disrupt even the safest route.
        You forget that in this league, there are 30 teams (30 GMs) and all of them are trying to build contenders, nobody wants to lose. Therefore, you have to outsmart 29 GMs besides of the fact you need money and lots of luck. Celtics have 4 All Star caliber players and still they couldn't win even the Easter Conference title.
        The funny thing is, every summer people thinks that BC did the right moves (at least last summer moves were praised by everybody) but then they will rip him off if the moves didn't work.
        Also, I am not sure what exactly you expected BC to say. He wouldn't give you this summer plan, there are so many unknowns for this summer equation.[/QUOTE]

he should have pulled a brian burke.

i want the sedins.
        hahaha
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Andrea does have heart. He's not expressive but I see no one slamming Duncan for his cold demeanor. You don't need to be out there with a look of major constipation on your face to be intense and trying. I think Andrea tries, I just think he's still learning and this is why he struggles in certain big man skills. The guy never really got the teachings of a big man until he came to the NBA. Like it or not but he's been learning on the Raptors tab and its going to continue for some time. Let's hope he gets it.

verbatim wrote: View Post
          If Bargnani were 34 and 12, he would be a steal. Sorry, but that is just a sign that Bargnani could NEVER do enough - and that isn't productive.
          Yeah, totally.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
            Bargs at likes playing in TO. LaMarcus would be gone by now...
            Do you have any evidence backing up this claim, or are you just talking out your a$$?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
              Do you actually watch the games? The kid played number of times
              banged up, not like our "prima donna franchise".
              Well, that "prima donna franchise" actually ventures into the paint on a regular basis, and initiates contact against bigger stronger players.

I really wouldn't start trying to defend Bargnani by saying he's tougher than Bosh. You're going to lose that argument every time.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                While I understand your frustration tbihis, I'm not really sure what people expect BC or GM's in general are going to say at these year end press conferences. He's expressed his disappointment and ensured that things will be done in order to fix those problems, but I'm not surprised that BC kept his cards close to his vest like he always has. It's not like he's going to call out his players and coaches or discussing specifics to players that he's looking to shop or who's he's hoping to acquire. Like always, we'll find out whatever moves he'll make when we least expect it. That's just how Bryan Colangelo rolls.

Fret not friends, this summer will be an entertaining one but I trust that BC will do what needs to be done in order to get this franchise back on track. He got us into this mess, at least give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to fix it before your totally write him off.
                I actually read his mini-bio in wiki, and the main thing about BC is what you said exactly, he makes mistakes but fixes it. But the thing is i dont know if he can do to the raps what he did in phoenix. he made a mistake trading kidd but was able to fix it by signing nash. he traded joe johnson for diaw and diaw became the most improved player. with the raps, he literally turned ford into o'neal, which didnt really work out, then turned o'neal into marion, which was working out quite a bit but he made another mistake by trading marion and fixing it with an even bigger mistake by turning him into hedo = 5 years and 53 million = no playoffs. oh and he also gave a 7pt 1 reb 1 ast Marco a 3.5million gift.

I think you know where my frustration is coming from Doc.

I think he can qualify as a past his prime guy, he has been in the league for 15 years now, you know.

It maybe hard to blame BC because im sure, he's not the only one deciding on which players to get, im sure there's a team of coaches, scouts behind him who give recommendations and suggestions, but since he represents all of them, we have to throw the blame at him.

Like what bosh said, he's been here for 7 years, and only been to the playoffs once? (1st one dont count coz he was a bench guy). this franchise cannot handle anymore "risks" specially now when teams are being sold at every corner. get the guys who fit the team and not the best one available out there.

Comment

BC once again proved that he is a master of corporate doublespeak.

While he did express how disappointing this season turned out to be (unquestionably), spoke frankly about how Hedo grossly underperformed all season (undoubtedly) and mentioned that the expectations placed on the team were overly optimistic considering he brought in 9 new players - 12 if you include players who weren't with the team at the start of the previous year - AND a first-year head coach (he admitted he got drunk drinking his own spiked koolaid), he did do as good a job as was politicly possible attempting to spin a positive and progressive outlook on the current the state of the franchise by trying to convince us that "we have a core of player that are very talented" (none of whom have ever been all-stars or all-NBA) and "very good young basketball players that continue to develop and emerge" (none of whom can be considered as future all-stars).

If you believed him when he said "patience will be rewarded with some of the things we have planned" and trust him when he said "we're going to turn this into a 50-win team" than you're still drinking BC's spiked koolaid - but it's forgivable because we're already in the off-season and its not even summertime yet and BC's already admitted that he's still drunk and still drinking his own spiked koolaid too.
                  Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Apr 20, 2010, 01:10 AM.
                  RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                    he did do as good a job as was politicly possible attempting to spin a positive and progressive outlook on the current the state of the franchise by trying to convince us that "we have a core of player that are very talented" (none of whom have ever been all-stars or all-NBA) and "very good young basketball players that continue to develop and emerge" (none of whom can be considered as future all-stars).
                    I think DeRozan could be considered a young player who may become a future All-Star
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

The worst part of this press-conference for me was learning that he plans to bring back Triano. Not sure if he mentioned this in the press-con or not but heard earlier in these forums he was looking at players in the Israeli league? Now I don`t know how much Maurizio Gherardhini influences him, or if they both have the same completely failed opinions about players such as Marco Belinelli, but somebody in that office please speak up! We need NBA players! You won`t fix this mess with another average-to-less-than-average NBA skill equivalent Euro player................... I know Marco was in the NBA but considering he never got to play (for good reason) I`m using him as an example still.

Comment

Working...
                      X