Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managing Minutes - short term vs long term or short sightedness vs vision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He played all 9, haha 40 mins.

Casey gon kill this boy

Comment

• Once again, third time this season... Casey says Lowry's minutes have to come down, he plays 40+.

Casey needs to just ignore Lowry's minutes, maybe then they'll actually go down.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• "I told you Lowry can rest when he's dead!" - Dwane Casey

Comment

• Second game in a row where Lowry has played 22 out of 24 second half minutes.

At this rate, Lowry resting when he's dead might come sooner rather than later.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            It's going up. Quote me on that.

This is the third time this season he's said something along these lines and after each of those times, his minutes actually went up.
            I called it.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Jimmy Butler played the whole first quarter on a sore left knee, injured that knee, and had to be taken off in a wheelchair.

That was totally unpredictable.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Jimmy Butler played the whole first quarter on a sore left knee, injured that knee, and had to be taken off in a wheelchair.

That was totally unpredictable.
                Yeah.

That was only 12 minutes; no one could have saw that coming.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

It's going up. Quote me on that.

This is the third time this season he's said something along these lines and after each of those times, his minutes actually went up.
                  Small smaple size but since Casey spoke for the third time about cutting Lowry's minutes down...he's averaging 38.8 mpg. I'm not sure if what I used counts today's game or not.

Someone needs to tell Casey that he needs to play Lowry more minutes.

Comment

Small smaple size but since Casey spoke for the third time about cutting Lowry's minutes down...he's averaging 38.8 mpg. I'm not sure if what I used counts today's game or not.

Someone needs to tell Casey that he needs to play Lowry more minutes.
                    maybe down doesn't mean what casey thinks it means. i did really think that cory, wright, norman, bennet, bebe could have finished the last 4 minutes and gotten closer before bruno came in today. i think that cory could have used up clock with wright and norman fine. and then your 3, not bennet, most ready guys can get some type of rhythm going

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      maybe down doesn't mean what casey thinks it means. i did really think that cory, wright, norman, bennet, bebe could have finished the last 4 minutes and gotten closer before bruno came in today. i think that cory could have used up clock with wright and norman fine. and then your 3, not bennet, most ready guys can get some type of rhythm going
                      Lowry is currently ranked 5th in minutes played in the NBA, Casey wants to get him down to 1st.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Lowry is currently ranked 5th in minutes played in the NBA, Casey wants to get him down to 1st.
                        hahaha

Comment

• i just watched the post game interview and casey again commented on the minutes. i think now he is just rubbing it in peoples faces. casey the troll. hahahaha

Comment

• Speaking of excessive minutes and consequences

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/st...33916508024836

edit: How do I insert the tweet itself rather than just the link. Have no clue.
                            Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Feb 9, 2016, 03:23 PM.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• On the contrary to what everyone is saying, Lowry is ranked 16th in the league in distance ran. Demar is at 13th. Even if Lowry is in the game, he's finding a way to save energy.

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...PerMode=Totals

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                                On the contrary to what everyone is saying, Lowry is ranked 16th in the league in distance ran. Demar is at 13th. Even if Lowry is in the game, he's finding a way to save energy.

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...PerMode=Totals

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                                I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that your top 2 players are ranked 13th and 16th in the league in distance ran when there are 30 teams in the NBA....

Lowry and Derozan have only played 50 games this year yet they are still ranked #6 and #12 respectively in total minutes played. The only player that's ranked higher and have played the same amount of games is KCP. This is not optimal for keeping them both in shape for playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X