No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earlier this year, Morris was toxic. Suns had playoff aspirations. McDonough would have loved to have traded him, but it was reported that teams were actually asking for another player attached to take him.

Suns are pretty well in tank mode now. Unless Morris fucks up again in the next 10 days, is there any reason for McDonough to trade him at the deadline unless he gets a strong offer? He's not expiring, he's signed for 3 more years.

There is no way the Suns will allow him to torpedo team chemistry next year, but there's the entire offseason to get him dealt. Would it not be better to rebuild his value even a bit? Because even an inefficient but not cancerous Morris will be well worth his contract with the projected cap jump.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      We wouldn't need him to have a 29 usage. I just like the all around game and how his Shooting in catch and shoot situation. He has to do everything for the Suns right now. Man, that team is terrible.
      Here's the thing about getting catch and shoot guys... we're awful at generating catch and shoot opportunities. One of the worst 5 teams in the league at it.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Here's the thing about getting catch and shoot guys... we're awful at generating catch and shoot opportunities. One of the worst 5 teams in the league at it.
        From watching the games both Scola/2pat get a lot of those opportunities. Given Scola's exact usage I think MM would be more productive and better defensively.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• How good would Thad Young be for us coming off the bench?

If Masai could pull something like this off ; http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmxod63 plus some draft picks.

Starting Lineup:

JV: 28 MINS
          PP: 24 MINS
          Carrol: 30 MINS
          DD: 32 MINS
          LOWRY: 32 MINS

BENCH:

C- BB- 20 MINS
          PF/SF - THAD YOUNNG - 30 MINS
          SG/SF- TROSS - 22 MINS
          PG/SG - CoJo - 22 MINS

You get less usage out of Kyle and DeMar which is a plus, and then you have a potent 9 man rotation. Keep one of DeMar, Carrol or Lowry on at all times along with the bench group. There would be very little drop off IMO. If an injury occurs, we are a bit screwed. We're basically relying on Bruno, Wright and Powell. Perhaps we can sign a free agent vet to a minimum contract and call up D-league guys.

Available free agents: Boozer, Glen Davis, Reggie Evans, Landry Fields, Dorrell Wright etc.

I'm not sure what picks we would have to give up, but I would think at least 2 first rounders, Raps pick this year and Clippers next?

This group could be together for 4 years +
          Last edited by saints91; Sun Feb 7, 2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            How good would Thad Young be for us coming off the bench?

If Masai could pull something like this off ; http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmxod63 plus some draft picks.

Starting Lineup:

JV: 28 MINS
            PP: 24 MINS
            Carrol: 30 MINS
            DD: 32 MINS
            LOWRY: 32 MINS

BENCH:

C- BB- 20 MINS
            PF/SF - THAD YOUNNG - 30 MINS
            SG/SF- TROSS - 22 MINS
            PG/SG - CoJo - 22 MINS

You get less usage out of Kyle and DeMar which is a plus, and then you have a potent 9 man rotation. Keep one of DeMar, Carrol or Lowry on at all times along with the bench group. There would be very little drop off IMO. If an injury occurs, we are a bit screwed. We're basically relying on Bruno, Wright and Powell. Perhaps we can sign an unsigned free agent vet to a minimum contract and call up D-league guys.

Available free agents: Boozer, Glen Davis, Reggie Evans, Landry Fields, Dorrell Wright etc.

I'm not sure what picks we would have to give up, but I would think at least 2 first rounders, Raps pick this year and Clippers next?
            I'm somewhat open to the idea of Thad Young, but that's a lot to give up for him. Also, no question in my mind that if we got him, Casey would have him starting.

Comment

• Thad Young is better than 2pat.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thad Young is better than 2pat.
                For sure he is, but I like the line up with him coming off the bench, and playing starters minutes. PP is a better 3 point shooter, and the starting lineup needs the spacing.

Comment

• Either way Thad Young's position versatility would still be valuable to this team.

Comment

Thad Young is better than 2pat.
                    Better talent, sure. Not a better shooter though. And he doesn't have the chemistry with our guys that 2Pat does, which has value. Also, Thad's more expensive and older.

People tend to forget that 2Pat is only 26.

Comment

For sure he is, but I like the line up with him coming off the bench, and playing starters minutes. PP is a better 3 point shooter, and the starting lineup needs the spacing.
                      There's different ways to space the floor than just shooting.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There is no better way to space the floor than 3 point shooting.

Comment

Better talent, sure. Not a better shooter though. And he doesn't have the chemistry with our guys that 2Pat does, which has value. Also, Thad's more expensive and older.

People tend to forget that 2Pat is only 26.
                          Young is 27
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm somewhat open to the idea of Thad Young, but that's a lot to give up for him.
                            Do you think Scola, JJ, Bebe, Bennet and a couple picks are too much? I would love to keep Bennet but I wouldn't ship Powell, Wright or Bruno over of him. I'm not sure if Bebe will ever turn that corner to be anything but another bench big playing limited minutes. He has talent but I don;t see the motor or that drive in him.

JJ and Scola are expendable.

The picks are hard to give up, but we already have projects in Powell, Wright and Bruno... Cojo, JV and Tross are still developing. We would still have a draft pick each year.

Comment

Do you think Scola, JJ, Bebe, Bennet and a couple picks are too much? I would love to keep Bennet but I wouldn't ship Powell, Wright or Bruno over of him. I'm not sure if Bebe will ever turn that corner to be anything but another bench big playing limited minutes. He has talent but I don;t see the motor or that drive in him.

JJ and Scola are expendable.

The picks are hard to give up, but we already have projects in Powell, Wright and Bruno... Cojo, JV and Tross are still developing. We would still have a draft pick each year.
                              Even if you don't believe in Bebe, giving him up for Thad Young is silly. Thad Young will not move the needle for us.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I honestly just like the idea of balancing the scoring. Less drop off when the second unit comes on. I know they have been preforming as of late, but I think our bench still needs that go to guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X