Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I know +/- is contextual but in our last 6 wins Patterson is +123. On the season he also has the best net rating on our team. Just something to bear in mind as we give him up for supposed upgrades in our trade proposals.
    This worries me a lot with the trade proposals. Patterson/Ross/Joseph/Bismack are functioning as glue guys for our team right now. Dominant when they're out there together, making our starters better when they're out there with them.

If a guy like Morris still has off-court issues after the trade, we'll have damaged our chemistry a lot.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      This worries me a lot with the trade proposals. Patterson/Ross/Joseph/Bismack are functioning as glue guys for our team right now. Dominant when they're out there together, making our starters better when they're out there with them.

If a guy like Morris still has off-court issues after the trade, we'll have damaged our chemistry a lot.
      It's weird. 3inthekeon says has the highest net rating and yet I'd argue that he does the least out of those 4 players. I know glue guys don't have to put up stats to be effective but his play just seems to be lacking this season.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Denver and Clips have discussed a Blake Griffin trade....um Masai?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Denver and Clips have discussed a Blake Griffin trade....um Masai?
          Could we really top a Gallo/Barton/picks offer?

The only way I see us doing that is if we're gonna move DeMar or Lowry.

Comment

JV/Ross/2pat + NYC/DEN
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They'd have no interest in Lowry with Chris Paul there unless they were also moving Chris Paul. Likewise with JV and Jordan.

IF we were going to go after a player like Griffin, the best trading chips would be Demar and the NYC/DEN pick but that wouldn't get it done. Even moreso since the reports state that trading him would be dependant on how their playoffs go at which both those options could potentially not get it done.

Griffin is a very weird player but he's a top 10-15 level player that isn't expiring. It'd probably take a bit to go and get him.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Something like Carroll/Patterson/Wright/DENNYK is interesting.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JV/Ross/2pat + NYC/DEN
                  Why does LAC need JV if they have DJ?

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Something like Carroll/Patterson/Wright/DENNYK is interesting.
                    In this particular trade scenario; they'd probably be more interested in Bebe or Biyombo to shore up the centre position than Wright.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• No real source behind that rumour.. but if true, surprised that LAC would be willing to keep Griffin in the West coast.

Comment

JV/Ross/2pat + NYC/DEN
                        Ross/JV are both redundant players for them, they have Redick and Jordan. DeMar offers something different because he can create shots.

Comment

JV/Ross/2pat + NYC/DEN
                          Why would clips want JV ? They just signed Jordan this summer !

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            It's weird. 3inthekeon says has the highest net rating and yet I'd argue that he does the least out of those 4 players. I know glue guys don't have to put up stats to be effective but his play just seems to be lacking this season.
                            Actually it's not me who says that, it's NBA.com/Stats.

I forget who said it, but I read a comment that the Raptors last year led the league in looking at each other asking "was that my man or yours?" It almost seems the exact opposite with the 2nd unit foursome this year, which may be a good part of the reason why Casey is so loathe to break them up.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yeah, Gallo would fit much better with the Clippers than anyone on our roster. I'm not even sure where Griffin would fit into our roster. You'd have to completely change our offence. No thanks.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, Gallo would fit much better with the Clippers than anyone on our roster. I'm not even sure where Griffin would fit into our roster. You'd have to completely change our offence. No thanks.
                                Griffin's better than any player on our roster. If you can make the trade, you do it I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X