Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    The biggest thing that matters with Horford is, will Boston part with the Nets picks to get him? Because if Boston is putting those picks on the table, we can't top that.
    Not likely, and especially not for a rental. That Nets pick has a realistic chance to become Ben Simmons. That has the potential to make one of those future "top 10 worst trades in NBA history", if Horford walked.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Well my phone bill is $120 and my cable and internet are $100 combined.

Suck it up Bell & Rogers. You don't see me complaining.
      Your cable and internet is $100 combined?

I wish mine was close to that. I'm at ~$300 a month for cable and internet in Yellowknife.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Not likely, and especially not for a rental. That Nets pick has a realistic chance to become Ben Simmons. That has the potential to make one of those future "top 10 worst trades in NBA history", if Horford walked.
        Yeah Celtics don't want to risk being the Nets (wouldn't be quite as bad as Gerald Wallace for what became Lillard but still).

Comment

• Changing the paradigm a little... What would it take to get Kelly Olynyk out of Boston ? He fits the bill nicely for what we are looking for ... A young PF that can hit the 3 at will and rebound a little...

Who / What does Danny boy ask for from us for Kelly ?
          Biz and a 1st ? THey do need a C .. Sully and Zeller don't cut it.
          Bebe and a better 1st ? The C plus a better pick .
          Wright and better 1st ? They need a real facilitator at PG. Smart isn't it.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 1, 2016, 06:34 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Not $75M for the 3 maxes, because 2 of those would already be in their 2nd year, so you're short by $3.5M there. I'd also expect Lowry's contract to be at least $20M if he has another all-star year next year.
            I'm talking about for next season.

And what are you talking about? All 3 of them would be in the 1st year of their new maxes in 2016-17.

Or are you talking about getting Durant in 2017? I'm talking about this offseason.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              I'm talking about for next season.

And what are you talking about? All 3 of them would be in the 1st year of their new maxes in 2016-17.

Or are you talking about getting Durant in 2017? I'm talking about this offseason.
              Yeah, I was talking about when Durant would show up.

EDIT: You're right, I messed up Durant's free agency year. Still, not sure why OKC would sign and trade him for Carroll/Patterson. That ain't enough for them to facilitate. If Durant leaves, they're probably going into rebuilding.

Comment

Lowry/DeMar/Horford is a good core, but not a championship level squad as long as the Warriors and Spurs are still in the NBA.
                Lets figure out how to get past Cavs & Bulls & ...then we will deal with GS & SA.
                IMO this trade (Ross, JJ, Scola & NY first) makes us a lot better now with a much better chance of getting out of East.
                Is it enough/too much for Horford?
                I believe this is a fair deal (IMO) for both sides (perhaps with some "tweaking").
                We are not mortgaging future (still have our "young potential: Bebe, Bruno...), while Atl may not get much more (since Horford will be an UFA).
                What if both him & DD leave? That's a chance certainly. But would you leave a well balance team of 5 all stars (or near) especially if money is competitive?
                ps: I'd be curious if we could keep JJ (temp SF till Carroll returns, an insurance for injury & James defender No 2)?

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about when Durant would show up.

EDIT: You're right, I messed up Durant's free agency year. Still, not sure why OKC would sign and trade him for Carroll/Patterson. That ain't enough for them to facilitate. If Durant leaves, they're probably going into rebuilding.
                  If KD leaves OKC will not go in rebuilding. Their complete management/ownership will be jumping of a bridge.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Well for just the starting 5 you're looking at $12M+$75M (3 maxes)+$15M so about $102M. Then if you get say Biyombo for like $5M (not sure what the exact MLE is), CoJo is still getting $7M, Bruno and Bebe at $4M and then assume our pick was part of the S&T for KD. That's $118M for 8 players. Fill out the rest with minimums probably $122-125M payroll.

We'd be over the luxury tax line by about $15M. But then the next season the tax line increases to $127M (we'd still be over because of salary increases unless we let Lowry go), so we'd be over the tax by at least a good $10M for the duration of KD/DD/Horford's deals.

But from what I understand MLSE would be willing to payout cash for a championship level team (that most certainly would be, dynasty potential even) so I don't think money would be the roadblock there.
                    Championship level team?
                    Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      If KD leaves OKC will not go in rebuilding. Their complete management/ownership will be jumping of a bridge.
                      Even if they don't go into rebuilding, if Durant is leaving, why take Carroll/Patterson? Is that really better than $25M in cap space to target someone to put beside Russ/Ibaka?

Comment

Even if they don't go into rebuilding, if Durant is leaving, why take Carroll/Patterson? Is that really better than $25M in cap space to target someone to put beside Russ/Ibaka?
                        Ok fine. Carroll Patterson and firsts until the year 3000
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It is possible to have a lowry/demar/durant/horford/jv combo

But why?

Outside of sentimentality towards demar....who would be at best 3rd optionand 25 million per when a cheap 3 and d player and bench depth would be better and cheaper?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                            Lets figure out how to get past Cavs & Bulls & ...then we will deal with GS & SA.
                            IMO this trade (Ross, JJ, Scola & NY first) makes us a lot better now with a much better chance of getting out of East.
                            Is it enough/too much for Horford?
                            I believe this is a fair deal (IMO) for both sides (perhaps with some "tweaking").
                            We are not mortgaging future (still have our "young potential: Bebe, Bruno...), while Atl may not get much more (since Horford will be an UFA).
                            What if both him & DD leave? That's a chance certainly. But would you leave a well balance team of 5 all stars (or near) especially if money is competitive?
                            ps: I'd be curious if we could keep JJ (temp SF till Carroll returns, an insurance for injury & James defender No 2)?
                            You can keep JJ by swapping him out for Bruno or Bebe. Keep in mind we'd also likely take back Lamar Patterson and Justin Holiday, so maybe one of those two can fill in some SF minutes. Personally, I'd rather keep Bebe and Bruno and just make do until Carroll returns for the playoffs. Probably play DD at SF a lot more, in addition to Powell/L-Patterson/Holiday battling for the remainder of the SF minutes.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              It is possible to have a lowry/demar/durant/horford/jv combo

But why?

Outside of sentimentality towards demar....who would be at best 3rd optionand 25 million per when a cheap 3 and d player and bench depth would be better and cheaper?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                              The Durant S&T for Carroll and PPat is not realistic, but a fun thought.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                The Durant S&T for Carroll and PPat is not realistic, but a fun thought.
                                Realistically, a Lowry/DeMar/Durant/Horford/JV lineup is a fun thought, but who the hell is coaching that team, because that's a lot of ego and only one basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X