No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a trade is made whereby the raps send out 2 players in exchange for 1 it opens up a roster spot. If that happens do you think we sign Ronald Roberts? He's earned it in my opinion.

Comment

• I would wait to see if any one gets a buyout and wants a (slim) chance to chase a ring.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
        If a trade is made whereby the raps send out 2 players in exchange for 1 it opens up a roster spot. If that happens do you think we sign Ronald Roberts? He's earned it in my opinion.
        Certainly earned a 10-day contract if a roster spot opens up. Don't need to offer him anything more than that in the short term.

Comment

• It's not a rebuttal for those that are interested in Ibaka or think he would be a great fit with JV, but just thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought when considering how to shape this roster.

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysi...m-Big-To-Small

Comment

• Oh, boy, Harris is an interesting target. People concerned about matching salary are right though, tough to do without losing Patterson, which would be a blow.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Harris is like a younger, non-headcase, actually efficient version of Morris. Makes double the money though.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                To be fair, Diaw/Ginobili/Mills are very, very good players. Also, the Spurs bench being extremely good has been a constant talking point for most people in NBA media.

I went through every season on BBRef, going back to 2000-01, and only 4 lineups have ever had a +30 point differential other than Lowry+Bench.

Asik/Deng/Gibson/Korver/Lucas - CHI 2011/12

Collison/Durant/Harden/Ibaka/Maynor - OKC 2009/10

Bowen/Duncan/Elson/Ginobili/Parker - SAS 2006/07

Bowen/Duncan/Ginobili/Parker/Rose - SAS 2002/03
                I think the defensive side of the court is what a lot of people are forgetting when analyzing lineups, which is a critical part of accumulating such a massive point differential. It's hard to find a lineup that can both shut down the opposition and not stagnate on offense. Offensively, the team needs to share the rock, be able to hit open shots, and challenge for offensive rebounds / put-backs.

I think that's why the lure of playing Carroll at PF is so strong. There are various options that on paper could be effective at both ends of the court:

1. Valanciunas, Carroll, Ross, DeRozan, Lowry

2. Valanciunas, Carroll, Ross, Lowry, Joseph

3. Valanciunas, Patterson, Carroll, DeRozan, Lowry

4. Valanciunas, Patterson, Carroll, Ross, Lowry

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Oh, boy, Harris is an interesting target. People concerned about matching salary are right though, tough to do without losing Patterson, which would be a blow.
                  What trade makes sense on Orlando's end? They want a more seasoned vet in return, and they have a logjam at forward. I think they'd be very interested in Cory Joseph.

CoJo, Scola, and Bebe for Harris?

I'm not sure they'd want Patterson given that he just duplicates what Frye gives them, so if we had an offer to give them, it'd probably be built around CoJo. I suppose they might have interest in Carroll, but I think we lose on a Harris for Carroll swap.

Comment

• Harris is one of those good individual talents that don't make sense for this team to trade for.

Comment

• Has Harris even been linked to the raptors?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Has Harris even been linked to the raptors?
                        He's available and can play PF, that's close enough as we're linked to every available PF.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Has Harris even been linked to the raptors?
                          No.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Harris is one of those good individual talents that don't make sense for this team to trade for.
                            Yeah it is a tough match right now salary and basketball wise.

But if you can get him relatively cheap, I think you do it and make a secondary move later.

He is a talented player.

Comment

• So now everyone is fine with PF that can't shoot. As long as it's one that they like. I see how it works.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                What trade makes sense on Orlando's end? They want a more seasoned vet in return, and they have a logjam at forward. I think they'd be very interested in Cory Joseph.

CoJo, Scola, and Bebe for Harris?

I'm not sure they'd want Patterson given that he just duplicates what Frye gives them, so if we had an offer to give them, it'd probably be built around CoJo. I suppose they might have interest in Carroll, but I think we lose on a Harris for Carroll swap.
                                I think that's underrating Harris' value. They want players that will make them better now and for the future. Scola is not a future peice and Bebe and Cojo are not at the same level as Harris. They get nothing from this trade that makes them pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X